What's new

Solved Preparation for rgh

O

oggew2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello,
I have ordered an Ace v3 modchip and a jr programmer that will arrive around next week.
What can I do to prepare everything so I can mod it when the stuff arrive?

O

oggew2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a question aswell, I didn't order a QSB, but when im doing nand stuff I need to solder the JR programmer to the motherboard, will I have to de solder it when I'm done to install the chip?

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh sorry, it is a corona V1
I have a question aswell, I didn't order a QSB, but when im doing nand stuff I need to solder the JR programmer to the motherboard, will I have to de solder it when I'm done to install the chip?

You don't need a QSB.

There's nothing you can really do to prep it, except open it up and take the motherboard out.

Don't unsolder the nand wires until the console is booting.
So essentially:
  1. Solder nand wires
  2. Read nand twice
  3. Write the ECC
  4. Program the ACE Chip
  5. Solder the ACE Chip
  6. Get it booted into Xell
  7. Get the CPU Key
  8. Create the XeBuild Image
  9. Write the nand
  10. Get it booted
  11. Unsolder nand wires

O

oggew2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need a QSB.

There's nothing you can really do to prep it, except open it up and take the motherboard out.

Don't unsolder the nand wires until the console is booting.
So essentially:
  1. Solder nand wires
  2. Read nand twice
  3. Write the ECC
  4. Program the ACE Chip
  5. Solder the ACE Chip
  6. Get it booted into Xell
  7. Get the CPU Key
  8. Create the XeBuild Image
  9. Write the nand
  10. Get it booted
  11. Unsolder nand wires
Don't I read the nand and program the chip with the Jr programmer? Is it other wires? I thought I had to unsolder the Jr so I could program the chip. Also I have heard you should not turn on the console with the Jr soldered to it as it breaks the jr

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't I read the nand and program the chip with the Jr programmer? Is it other wires? I thought I had to unsolder the Jr so I could program the chip. Also I have heard you should not turn on the console with the Jr soldered to it as it breaks the jr
You don't need to unsolder the wires, you can just unplug them from the JR programmer.

O

oggew2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have 3 more questions now:

Do the dash matter? Can it be on whatever? Do i need to note down my dash number before tearing the xbox apart and soldering it?

Also, are there any guides on how to solder the Ace v3?

What happens if the solder points touch or the wires touch? Is it messed up? Or does it work anyway?

O

oggew2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Another one: If I don't have rosin core solder wires, will it do without it if I use rosin flux instead? Or is the rosin core necessary?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
What is this jumping points? Or jumpers? Is it something I have to do with an Ace v3 on a corona v1?
i think your talking about the missing resistors for e and f and sometimes read and write nand. you should be fine if its a v1 the resistors should be in place.
6wscwFv.jpg

Top Bottom
Login
Register