VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Do hard mods count?

554910_570326376334984_2027856313_n_zps58506f63.jpg
575165_570326909668264_716027669_n_zps9c6dc2e2.jpg

Looks more like you threw it at a wall and broke it then put plastic wrap on it, but yes those count. I'm sort of thinking of installing the light mod in the back of the phone before I sell my 4S...you know...for teh lulz, and because it increases the value of the device because not very many people have it or know how to install it.

Aventador

Aventador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks more like you threw it at a wall and broke it then put plastic wrap on it, but yes those count. I'm sort of thinking of installing the light mod in the back of the phone before I sell my 4S...you know...for teh lulz, and because it increases the value of the device because not very many people have it or know how to install it.

It is actually just a transparent lcd and back assembly. Iv only seen led logos on YT no one wants to do it weird since it is just a few wires to solder. Considered doing the same but never had the time to then my iphone shorted in a car charger and i gave up. lol

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
It is actually just a transparent lcd and back assembly. Iv only seen led logos on YT no one wants to do it weird since it is just a few wires to solder. Considered doing the same but never had the time to then my iphone shorted in a car charger and i gave up. lol

Yes, I know exactly what it is haha
Did you do it yourself? If you did, you did a pretty good job. It's really not hard to do. Some kits come with the wires and small bits of special adhesive so you don't even have to solder anything, just plug and play...literally...

Aventador

Aventador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, I know exactly what it is haha
Did you do it yourself? If you did, you did a pretty good job. It's really not hard to do. Some kits come with the wires and small bits of special adhesive so you don't even have to solder anything, just plug and play...literally...

Yeah i had a repair/customization business for electronics but shut it down due to moving and transferring colleges. Too much work and did not have the time to get investments or employees, etc. etc. Thank you btw. I saw some of those on amazon a while back. maybe its just me but iv always liked solder better iv never had happy experiences with conductive glue and such lol

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i had a repair/customization business for electronics but shut it down due to moving and transferring colleges. Too much work and did not have the time to get investments or employees, etc. etc. Thank you btw. I saw some of those on amazon a while back. maybe its just me but iv always liked solder better iv never had happy experiences with conductive glue and such lol

Very nice, maybe you should post some of your work in this thread to show off, I would love to see it. Well I'm a lazy person so the adhesive is perfect for me :tongue:

Aventador

Aventador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Very nice, maybe you should post some of your work in this thread to show off, I would love to see it. Well I'm a lazy person so the adhesive is perfect for me :tongue:

As far as photos all i have that i ever took photos of were those and a quick glass etched screen which i can post. It was only a trial and quickly done on a spare lcd. It did/has much potential but it was one of the last things i tried ou before selling off all my inventory. During my repairs i lived far from school and work so i never had time for nice things like documentation :/ Im a very lazy person too lmao :tongue:
(This was for a girls iphone, hence the heart design)
604143_552866784747610_1952641433_n_zps2bfa2468.jpg

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
As far as photos all i have that i ever took photos of were those and a quick glass etched screen which i can post. It was only a trial and quickly done on a spare lcd. It did/has much potential but it was one of the last things i tried ou before selling off all my inventory. During my repairs i lived far from school and work so i never had time for nice things like documentation :/ Im a very lazy person too lmao :tongue:
(This was for a girls iphone, hence the heart design)
604143_552866784747610_1952641433_n_zps2bfa2468.jpg

Damn dude, that looks pretty damn awesome. I would say open up a shop on here, but I highly doubt anyone would ship their own phones out to someone...

Aventador

Aventador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn dude, that looks pretty damn awesome. I would say open up a shop on here, but I highly doubt anyone would ship their own phones out to someone...

The shop was up on here, it is hard for someone to go without there phone for days and the trust issue is another factor. People mostly b****ed about the price which was dirty cheap and not even cost efficient enough to keep the $7/month site up (paid for by my real job).

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
The shop was up on here, it is hard for someone to go without there phone for days and the trust issue is another factor. People mostly b****ed about the price which was dirty cheap and not even cost efficient enough to keep the $7/month site up (paid for by my real job).
I don't think people understand that jobs like that tend to be expensive if you want them done well. Oh well, the internet is full of stupid people.

Aventador

Aventador

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't think people understand that jobs like that tend to be expensive if you want them done well. Oh well, the internet is full of stupid people.

I feel they all did not understand that my parts were oem and not a cheap china knockoff for half the price. I would spend $20 more dollars for retina display screen over the sketchy cheap $10 front assembly. I agree, the stupid people of the internet. :tongue: one day they may learn... one day...

Top Bottom
Login
Register