1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!

Poisoning Cain Kicks Me Offline

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Bridging' started by J 2 the S, Oct 16, 2009 with 10 replies and 6,413 views.

1. J 2 the S

J 2 the S Enthusiast

I have set up cain and abel perfectly and have had it checked by several people.

When i poison, it gets all the ip's fine but if i poison it for too long a begin to not be able to hear anybody and then it kicks me offline.

What am I doing wrong why is this happening.

Any help anyone.
  2. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

How are you bridging? Wireless or Ethernet Connected
  3. X ChRoMaTiC X

X ChRoMaTiC X Banned

make sure your firewall is not on high on ZoneAlarm
  4. Twis7eD

Twis7eD Banned

How long do you leave it on for until it kicks you offline. You may be taking in too many IPs and then it will cause your Cain to crash and kick you offline. Make sure you delete incoming IPs often.

Obviously through Router Bridging if he is using Cain...
  5. ii D1RTY ii

ii D1RTY ii Newbie

Ya your problem is most likely your cain. Too many ips coming in might cause it to crash therefore kicking u offline as twisted said. Idk tho cause ive had the problem before aswell. It would kick me offline at my house when i left it on for to long but it would work perfectly at my apartment. So it could also be your internet connection.
  6. J 2 the S

J 2 the S Enthusiast

I am wired, and it dousnt matter how many ip's i take in. After a certain time poisoning it just kicks me offline.
  7. xDaniel 13

xDaniel 13 Enthusiast

Ive been having the same issues. However i have set up bridging wirelessly and i am using Cain and Abel so i can get peoples Ips easy. Would this mean anything. And i agree with J2 the S it doesnt matter if i got one ip or heaps its like 5-10minutes after poisening it disconnects me. and then i need to restart xbox to get conection again.

EDIT: One more thing the IP for my xbox seems to change. It was ending with a 6 just before now it is a 7

NEW: Guys i just worked out that i don't go offline until i stop the poisoning or just close down cain and abel. So if you just leave it open and poisoning the whole time i don't think you will get signed off.
  8. Zaqsi

Zaqsi Master of Time and Space Premium

Well its been years but i have the same problem but when i sniff it just kicks me off line and i get no ips can any one help?
  9. Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix Science is not about why, but why not.

I never had that problem for xbox. But while your poisoning the arp table it could be getting too much packet intake which could be the cause of your problem. I know thats what happens whenever im poisoning my test router. Only it affects the computers and kicks them off the network.
    Zaqsi likes this.
  10. Zaqsi

Zaqsi Master of Time and Space Premium

Thanks but i found out thew problem was in how i had the ips set in the sniffer they where backwards.
    Sir Matrix likes this.
  11. Sir Matrix

Sir Matrix Science is not about why, but why not.

Good to hear that you got it fixed.