Status
Not open for further replies.
Flak

Flak

I am an American Airman.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I made a website free through some stupid promotion just to test the waters. How does it work if I obviously put an alias and a random address & now the one month trial is over and their asking me for payment through email saying blah blah blah, outstanding balance due by such and such date. What happens if i don't pay it lol. I'm a cheap bastard obviously as you can tell.

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I made a website free through some stupid promotion just to test the waters. How does it work if I obviously put an alias and a random address & now the one month trial is over and their asking me for payment through email saying blah blah blah, outstanding balance due by such and such date. What happens if i don't pay it lol. I'm a cheap bastard obviously as you can tell.
Nothing can happen, unless of course the charges are a substantial amount, then things can get hairy. But you should be fine, as the price for them to track you down would be more than you owe.

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing can happen, unless of course the charges are a substantial amount, then things can get hairy. But you should be fine, as the price for them to track you down would be more than you owe.
Well I've been around and ran a few servers and let me tell you: its not really costly to track someone down all they really need is your IP.

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I've been around and ran a few servers and let me tell you: its not really costly to track someone down all they really need is your IP.
They need to subpoena you to use your IP address to find your actual address. Only law enforcement can legally use an IP address to track down where you are.

hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
They need to subpoena you to use your IP address to find your actual address. Only law enforcement can legally use an IP address to track down where you are.
The world of the Internet can be a dangerous place my man. Just be careful that's all I got to say.

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The world of the Internet can be a dangerous place my man. Just be careful that's all I got to say.
I do know that, but a company will not use illegal means to get back at you. It would make their claims the less serious of the events.

Last edited:
hoopsure

hoopsure

cakes was here
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh and probably your website will be taken down unless/until you make payment. XD

Flak

Flak

I am an American Airman.
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for the response. lol

Oh and probably your website will be taken down unless/until you make payment. XD
Thats fine, it was just a test lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register