• Start date
  • Views 311,058
XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
only prob is im from the uk and no one on here really wants it
Shipping isn't an issue for some. Lets see watchya got?

AngelMax

AngelMax

To The Max
Reaction score
Sin$
IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Hard Drive 160gb
IMG_0541.jpg

XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking at selling a kit or two to anyone interested. If anyone is interested, or enough people are, I will list officially in the BST and link back here. Check my collection pics here in the thread.

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Looking at selling a kit or two to anyone interested. If anyone is interested, or enough people are, I will list officially in the BST and link back here. Check my collection pics here in the thread.
depends which ones... maybe

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
whats the deal with the one with neon green on the face plate... would you ever let go of your h3 edition

XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
whats the deal with the one with neon green on the face plate... would you ever let go of your h3 edition
Neon green....? Oh, I had to look at the pics to find what you meant. Yeah, that is a Falcon prototype, marked as prototype in back. The faceplate came with it so I left it on. That is a UK Launch Team faceplate.

As for the Halo 3 Kit, probably not. I mean every man has his price, so if the offer was grand enough... maybe. It's awful purdy to let go for just any price though. :love:

deltaN9NE420

deltaN9NE420

the anti-grammer nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Neon green....? Oh, I had to look at the pics to find what you meant. Yeah, that is a Falcon prototype, marked as prototype in back. The faceplate came with it so I left it on. That is a UK Launch Team faceplate.

As for the Halo 3 Kit, probably not. I mean every man has his price, so if the offer was grand enough... maybe. It's awful purdy to let go for just any price though. :love:
its BEAUTIFUL!!! ill hit you up when i get some $ together. not necessarily for the h3 but i would like to get a phat with a sidecar and it looks as if you have an abundance of those
that faceplate is pretty cool too never seen one b4

XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
its BEAUTIFUL!!! ill hit you up when i get some $ together. not necessarily for the h3 but i would like to get a phat with a sidecar and it looks as if you have an abundance of those
that faceplate is pretty cool too never seen one b4
I have two white Jasper test kits, both with sidecars, I would be willing to part with right now. I have one from THQ with prototype builds of Homefront on it still.

XboxSurgeon

XboxSurgeon

XDK Support
Reaction score
Sin$
There has been much discussion regarding "stress" kits. These are the XDK with cables coming out the top of them. I have seen the cables be referred to as "sidecar cables" which is understandable but leads collectors and potential buyers into thinking they someday can connect a development sidecar to these kits. This is not true. Not true in the sense that it would need some soldering and maybe prayer to get it to work. How you might ask? Here are some pics to help us out.

This is a story about three kits that look generally the same.
WP_20140408_018_zps73b23d9f.jpg

From left to right: Zephyr Demo Kit, Falcon Stress Kit, Zephyr Test Kit (Sidecar removed for purposes of pics)

The demo kit is used for trade shows, in-house testing and other wise looks stock retain with exception of a small sticker on back which states "DEMO KIT". But otherwise it just says Xbox 360 Console on back with a normal serial number. Does not say "XDK" on back.
WP_20140408_019_zps48280395.jpg

The "stress kit" simply has nothing identifiable on the back as being anything special. If it wasn't for the stress cables coming out the top, no one would know it's not a retail console. (And yes, for those who notice this is one of the rare ones with the upside down "A/V" and "HDMI" in the molded plastic.)

The Test kit can have a sidecar on the top of it and says "XDK" on back
WP_20140408_021_zps0244b38e.jpg

Now for the motherboard pics. So while the stress kits and demo kits have development ports, they lack the power port for the sidecar. You will also notice the stress kits and demo kits are identical motherboards, no difference (beside the revision difference between a Zephyr and Falcon in this example). From my understanding, stress kits are just demo kits used for in-house testing that are pulled off the production line.

WP_20140408_009_zps16809fc4.jpg

Top- Test Kit, Left-Stress Kit, Right-Demo Kit

Demo Kit Motherboard Pics (Zephyr). *Notice the lack of the enlarged sidecar hole near HDD port in the shell.
WP_20140408_012_zps9a6831e6.jpg

WP_20140408_0XDD_zpsdc00cb23.jpg

Notice the red arrow I put in the pic to point out the lack of the sidecar power port.

Stress Kit Motherboard Pics (Falcon) *Notice the cables coming off the board out the top of the kit. Most refer to them as sidecar cables. While the same cables are used in a sidecar, these connect to a Lamprey board used for NAND programming.
WP_20140408_013_zps79dcdd0c.jpg

WP_20140408_016_zps8aa389b7.jpg

Again, no sidecar power port.

XDK Test Kit (Zephyr), Sidecar removed for pics *Notice enlarged sidecar hole near HDD port in shell
WP_20140408_014_zps9906fafd.jpg

WP_20140408_017_zps53315af5.jpg

And this time, notice the presence of the Sidecar power port.

So now is the question of soldering in one on your own. Well, I haven't a clue if it's feasible. I am not certain if fuses would blow given the extra draw on the motherboard that was not intended.

I just wanted to take the time with visuals to point out the differences.

Cynder

Cynder

Local Weird Guy
AzzidReign Jr Mythical Veteran Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I will hopefully be getting a never opened Jasper stress kit soon, I will post some pics of it when it comes in

M

Morinzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
can we get a pic of the phat 213w psu plug? curious if it would work in an old xenon console??

M

Morinzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
cool, I'm planning a little project with a prenxe xenon jtag and a little extra power couldn't hurt..

Top Bottom
Login
Register