What's new

News Official Nvidia GPU Driver Thread (Updated 10/14/2018)

• Thread starter Selena Gomez
  • Start date
  • Views 51,301
SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
The textures all of the sudden brake and look like digitalized textures.
Updated with latest WHQL driver 320.49 :smile:

I can confirm that the latest driver's (320.49) fixes the graphical issues in bf3.
I'm currently using a 660 and all problems that I previously had are gone.
I would recommend backing up your current driver just in case (if you are on <320, because it's hard to find the older ones).
Also my GPU seems to be running a few degrees cooler on this new driver, haven't changed config inside case at all just fyi.

Quoted Bossman just in case he wishes to update OP with this info
I can also test new drivers for you but keep in mind different architectures= different results.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I can confirm that the latest driver's (320.49) fixes the graphical issues in bf3.
I'm currently using a 660 and all problems that I previously had are gone.
I would recommend backing up your current driver just in case (if you are on <320, because it's hard to find the older ones).
Also my GPU seems to be running a few degrees cooler on this new driver, haven't changed config inside case at all just fyi.

I can also test new drivers for you but keep in mind different architectures= different results.

I've been meaning to update the OP with more release notes today. Will get that updated soon tonight

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
MotM Bright Idea 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$

I need some help with the drivers for Windows 8.1. There are two that are released for 8.1, the normal and the 64 bit. I have the 64 bit windows 8.1 pro preview. I also have a GeForce 640M. Currently I have the driver for the 64 bit OS, but it doesn't list my card as supported. The other one lists my card as supported, but doesn't tell me if it is for a 64 bit OS. So which one should I get?
Regular: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-preview-326.01-whql-driver.html
64 bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-preview-64bit-326.01-whql-driver.html

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I need some help with the drivers for Windows 8.1. There are two that are released for 8.1, the normal and the 64 bit. I have the 64 bit windows 8.1 pro preview. I also have a GeForce 640M. Currently I have the driver for the 64 bit OS, but it doesn't list my card as supported. The other one lists my card as supported, but doesn't tell me if it is for a 64 bit OS. So which one should I get?
Regular: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-preview-326.01-whql-driver.html
64 bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-preview-64bit-326.01-whql-driver.html

Try this link that should work just fine :smile:

Also i updated the release notes for the latest driver. Oh and i will add the windows 8.1 drivers to the OP once Windows 8.1 official is released, or when I have a better idea of how they'll structure the drivers when its official, right now with them being different numbers and what not it might confuse some people which is why the drivers aren't up there yet. :smile:

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
Try this link that should work just fine :smile:

Also i updated the release notes for the latest driver. Oh and i will add the windows 8.1 drivers to the OP once Windows 8.1 official is released, or when I have a better idea of how they'll structure the drivers when its official, right now with them being different numbers and what not it might confuse some people which is why the drivers aren't up there yet. :smile:

Alright, that's the driver I already have installed. I just wanted to make sure it was the right one since it doesn't say my card is on the supported devices list.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, that's the driver I already have installed. I just wanted to make sure it was the right one since it doesn't say my card is on the supported devices list.

If its working then your card is supported :smile:

Tabuu

Tabuu

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Sin$
If its working then your card is supported :smile:
It works but the games are choppier than they were while I was on windows 8. Oh well, at least I can play the games without them crashing all the time.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It works but the games are choppier than they were while I was on windows 8. Oh well, at least I can play the games without them crashing all the time.

That's due to windows 8.1 being in preview phase :tongue:

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Gotcha...like I said the 8.1 thread...Cakes told me to get it so I did xD
Thanks for helping me out buddy.

You're welcome :wink: You're basically in my section just don't tell the computer guru i said that :wink:

SmashinHearts

SmashinHearts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm currently using a 660 and all problems that I previously had are gone.T

Thanks SirEdwardCool SirEdwardCool <3

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated with the newest 326.80 Beta driver released today! :smile:

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated with the newest 326.80 Beta driver released today! :smile:

Is there any point updating to beta drivers or is it better to update to stable builds?

Still no shadowplay, cmon nvidia, lol..

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there any point updating to beta drivers or is it better to update to stable builds?

Still no shadowplay, cmon nvidia, lol..

I don't use Nvidia so I can't vouch for their drivers but I have heard they are good. As far as any point goes, beta drivers come out more frequently and generally are pretty stable, whereas WHQL certified drivers take longer to come out. For myself I always use beta drivers since i'd rather have the latest fixes and additions now, and if their is an issue I can just rollback to the previous driver.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't use Nvidia so I can't vouch for their drivers but I have heard they are good. As far as any point goes, beta drivers come out more frequently and generally are pretty stable, whereas WHQL certified drivers take longer to come out. For myself I always use beta drivers since i'd rather have the latest fixes and additions now, and if their is an issue I can just rollback to the previous driver.

I brought an nvidia due to how good their stuff is lol. Drivers are excellent never any problems, ill just wait for stable release then geforce experience can update itself

Top Bottom
Login
Register