Newly-flashed Xbox, game unreadable

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by MagicPID, Apr 30, 2012 with 10 replies and 6,056 views.

1. MagicPID

MagicPID Enthusiast

Hi there everyone! I have a Xbox 360 Slim with a WINBOND drive which I recently performed the Kamikaze hack on. It was surprisingly easy, and my flashing of LT+ 3 seems to have been successful. I popped in a retail copy of HAWX 2 to verify that the drive worked fine after flashing, and it seems to have been. No odd eject errors or any of the troublesome things people have after flashing occasionally.

I burned MW3 from a known working .iso, of course, running a level-3 check on the image with ABGX360 and then burning it at a slow speed. However, the game is "unreadable" according to the Xbox, with status code 03-80-00. It was burnt on a fresh Verbatim from a batch I know is just fine.

I'm downloading another game right now, but I'm wondering - do you think there's a problem with my flash, or with my burning technique? I'd hate to waste another disc, but I'll do what has to be done. I'm eager to hear your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks.

2. run632

run632 Member

You could of flashed the wrong fw on it I suppose or you may not of spoofed it correctly,but that does not seem right as you say it reads Retail.you may also want to check the game has been patched correctly with abgx it may of missed the ap data .
    I also gather you updated the dash before doing any of this .the error with ms3 is normally due to the ap25 data being missin,I would guess you had a active net connection when checking the game in abgx.
    All I can suggest is reflash the drive making sure you put lt3.0 and reburn the game .
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=idx someone on that site will help you should you not find help here or resolve the problem:smile:..

3. MagicPID

MagicPID Enthusiast

Thanks for the response; when I get home later, I'll update again and let you know exactly what firmware I flashed, but I'm positive it was version 3.0. I'll also try burning a couple of other games and see how they run. Though I'm new at things, I'll bet it was just a problem with my burn, and not the flash - at least that's what I hope. Stay tuned.

4. run632

run632 Member

I take it your are using abgx v 1.06 if not then there would be the problem.it may be missing the new topology data.I also gather you are using a lite on burner with ihas on it, if not it will not play beacuse any other burner will truncate it and make it give the Disk read error

5. Aslan

Aslan Getting There

Are you using an IHAS burner with burner max fw to burn xgd3 titles such as mw3?This burner will burn the game correctly. Any other burner will use the truncated method,which will burn incorrectly and give you errors and increase the likelihood of your console being flagged.

6. MagicPID

MagicPID Enthusiast

Hi there,

I successfully burned a backup of Sniper V2 and it seems to be running in my Xbox just fine. So far, so good! When I recently invested in the supplies to flash my Xbox, I did not get an IHAS burner, because I got many mixed opinions on it, the majority of people saying it was unnecessary. Is it true that it will be impossible for me to burn some games such as MW3 without an IHAS burner?

I was just about to try to create a backup of Battlefield 3, and I'm hoping I don't encounter the same errors.

As I was just checking my ABGX version, it turns out I'm using an old version! I've got no idea how I managed to do that, so I'll try updating to v 1.06. Do you think that would help much in my scenario?

Your opinions and assistance are much appreciated. Thanks for all of your help along the way.

7. b colub12

b colub12 Enthusiast

Updating to 1.06 should cure your problem completely. As far as the IHAS burner, you need it if you want to have no problems when playing. If you don't have it it's not a "huge" deal. You might experience some freezing as any other drive only burns the game to 97% so you're going to have some missing data on the disk. There is also probably more of a risk of getting banned but there is a chance of that either way.

8. MagicPID

MagicPID Enthusiast

I've updated to the newest version from the ABGX website, but in the 'About' menu, it only shows 1.0.2? Is this some careless error or am I that much of a fool that I didn't update it correctly? :wink:

EDIT: So, I see that's a known error! So, that means that my MW3 copy was burned after going through the latest ABGX version. So was it a matter of it being improperly truncated, or does LT+3 simply not support it?

9. run632

run632 Member

Lt 3.0 does not support truncated games .the abgx 1.02 is correct,they have updated it but not the UI as of yet .xgd3 games have to be Burned via ihas or they wont run,even if they did I would much rather but a ihas supported burner (and put burner max fw on it obv).
    Removing abgx totally then reinstalling it will make sure you have the correct version it also adds topolgy data so the game passes the Checks and starts ..

10. MagicPID

MagicPID Enthusiast

I guess I'll just have to enjoy backups that naturally fit on a DL disc for now, until I can afford to plop down the twenty or thirty dollars on a Ihas burner. Thanks again.

11. run632

run632 Member

NP.try to avoid ebay if been sold some bad drives off there that claimed to be new ...