• Start date
  • Views 681
Mr Smithy x

Mr Smithy x

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm looking to build a desktop torrent client in java/c# and a Android torrent client using tTorrent aswell as a remote torrent server(PC)/client(Android) for the android to send magnet links to the desktop. So i'm looking for someone to work with. If you decide to work with me we can start building an api for grabbing the torrent information. C# for Windows + Java Cross Platform for Linux, Mac? and Windows & Android, which ever you feel comfortable working with. We will first work on the code then on the GUI.

And the android app will be in google play. Anyone interested in working with me? A team of 3-5 is fine and must have skype, send a pm.

- Mr Smithy x
- Rellfer
-
-
-

Last edited:
Rellfer

Rellfer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I could handle the .NET part.

But... if you're making a Java version, why make other using C#?

OBS: I'm at UTC +12, is that time ok for you?

Mr Smithy x

Mr Smithy x

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I could handle the .NET part.

But... if you're making a Java version, why make other using C#?

OBS: I'm at UTC +12, is that time ok for you?
Some people feel comfortable opening an executable rather than executing a jar so that's why I want to include c#. Yeah that time I'd good. I'm just 4 hours behind. Just pm me ur skype

Im4eversmart

Im4eversmart

The hacks are real
Glitcher Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Some people feel comfortable opening an executable rather than executing a jar so that's why I want to include c#. Yeah that time I'd good. I'm just 4 hours behind. Just pm me ur skype

You can create an executable jar, which works the same was an an exe. You can also wrap an executable jar in an exe file, using lanch4j.

Mr Smithy x

Mr Smithy x

Enthusiast
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
You can create an executable jar, which works the same was an an exe. You can also wrap an executable jar in an exe file, using lanch4j.
Suppose if the user has a fresh pc from a retail store would it run or are they required to Install java?

ObscureCoder

ObscureCoder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Suppose if the user has a fresh pc from a retail store would it run or are they required to Install java?
They'd need Java installed. Launch4j just extracts the JAR file from within itself at runtime (into a temp dir) and launches it (I'd imagine). 
If you want to use JavaFX for the GUI and Git for SCM the sure I'll help out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register