• Thread starter coyote soup
  • Start date
  • Views 520
coyote soup

coyote soup

b*tch assss
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I've had GTA IV on PC for a couple of days now and decided to use mods yesterday. Everything worked fine, I was able to access LIVE and use them which was what I wanted. Today I tried to load GTA IV and it says my Login failed (as if my password or email is wrong, which it isn't) I even logged into the social club website fine with no problems. Well, I googled the problem and it turns out it's quite common recently. Rockstar themselves posted a Q/A about this situation. They posted a few solutions such as downloading the update (which I already have) making sure your account is verified blah blah blah.. BUT they wrote in this post that this bug can be caused by Cracked versions of the game OR the use of mods.(I'm using a trainer) Obviously they didn't have a solution for mod users so I was hoping somebody on here might be having/had the same problem and have a fix for it. Thanks!

cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I had a similar problem other day after reinstalling my os and the game, and mine is also a legit copy. I think I just updated gfwl and it was ok after that. Don't forget they're dropping gfwl after July I think, so that's a bummer.

Upvote 0
coyote soup

coyote soup

b*tch assss
Reaction score
Sin$
It sucks they're dropping it :frown: I'm running a legit version of gta too, where can I find out if my gfwl is up to date / or update it?

Upvote 0
cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well when I went to sign in to gfwl, it said there was an update so it went from there. It is a frustrating game to install sometimes, so many things it checks. One time I had an application firewall block the sony protection mechanism and the game just failed to load after that point, even when I dropped the firewall so I had to reinstall.

Hey but fella, just got the rockstar mail and gtav for PC, one and ps4 in autumn (fall for u merikans hehe)! Now just need a compiler I hope, come on mr blade.

Upvote 0
coyote soup

coyote soup

b*tch assss
Reaction score
Sin$
Well when I went to sign in to gfwl, it said there was an update so it went from there. It is a frustrating game to install sometimes, so many things it checks. One time I had an application firewall block the sony protection mechanism and the game just failed to load after that point, even when I dropped the firewall so I had to reinstall.

Hey but fella, just got the rockstar mail and gtav for PC, one and ps4 in autumn (fall for u merikans hehe)! Now just need a compiler I hope, come on mr blade.
I can't wait for gta v PC! And I managed to get my social club working temporarily. It lets me log in at totally random times

Upvote 0
Majestic Mods

Majestic Mods

Reaction score
Sin$
I had a similar problem other day after reinstalling my os and the game, and mine is also a legit copy. I think I just updated gfwl and it was ok after that. Don't forget they're dropping gfwl after July I think, so that's a bummer.
If you bought it off steam just extract the game to a folder named Rockstar Games and launch the app in that folder named GTAIV.exe and it will load the game without using GFWL so GTAIV on PC may work online after July

Upvote 0
cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm sort of old school where I like to buy physical media so I'm not sure what'll happen after July with my copy, I'm thinking maybe they'll update it or something. Tbh, I've never used steam so I'm not clued up on all that.

Upvote 0
coyote soup

coyote soup

b*tch assss
Reaction score
Sin$
The past few days it's been working fine without the sign in error. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register