Discussion Need Help With Bridging

• Thread starter Player XD
  • Start date
  • Views 552
P

Player XD

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, I'm new so please forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum.
I recently bridged my xbox to my laptop. The reason that I did is because my connection is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE using the wifi on my 360.

My connection is much better when I bridge my 360 and laptop, but I lag out of the game 75 percent of the time.
Can anybody give me some help? It is very frustrating.

A little info:
I have my laptop on wifi as i am too far from my router. with an ethernet cable going from my laptop to my xbox.
I'm using zonealarm, and Ive added the ip to my modem, the ip to my xbox, and the ip ranges for xbox live and halo reach to my trusted zone. I was unable to find an ip for halo reach, only the ip range. Trusted zone security set to medium and public zone to high. When i used wireshark and added some of the ips i found to my trusted zone, i started lagging out less often, but it is still the majority of the time.
I tried using wireshark to figure out any ips that i was missing, but it is very confusing to me to read, and to figure out what ips are pertinent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have loved this game since the original came out, and i only have a month left on my account (my only account btw). If i get banned i will probly cry lol.

P

Player XD

Reaction score
Sin$
I may have found the solution to my problem. I've only had a chance to play a few games since I made these changes, so I'll let you guys know if this fixes the issue for me long term. But what Kammeh said seems to really have helped. I just wanted to quote it here for anyone that is also having this problem:

PS: I am running Windows 7.

Windows 7 is wonky with internet bridging. I searched for hours for a solution before deciding it was a goose chase.

Use Internet Connection Sharing instead. Unbridge your connections, right click on the network adapter that is providing you with internet, and select the'Sharing' tab and enable it.

Note: ICS in Win7 will change your Xbox's ip from 192.168.1.x (or whatever your router's subnet is) to 192.168.137.x. So if you use static IP on your Xbox change your gateway and DNS to 192.168.137.1, and your IP to something like 192.168.137.220.

Top Bottom
Login
Register