Nand-X Help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Mr Spoon87, Dec 17, 2011 with 6 replies and 1,031 views.

1. Mr Spoon87

Mr Spoon87 Enthusiast

Ive been trying to dump my nand using the nand-x and QSB but after struggling i just wired it straight to the board.

I managed to get my nand so wired up the coolrunner now after that i cant read/write to my nand anymore!

I desoldered everything and started from scratch again but i still cant get it working. I get the "looking for usb device, can not continue" error.

Ive looked it up and its supposed to be dodgy soldering but ive re-soldered it loads and there are no bridges or breaks (plus i managed to dump it once)

Can anyone help before i tear all my hair out and get a nice xbox shaped hole in my door?

2. Jordan

Jordan Numero Uno Retired

If it can't find your NAND-x, that is an issue on your computer, not the soldering. Unplug all cables from the NAND-x, restart the computer, plug the NAND-x back in, and see if it gets detected in Device Manager. If it does not, you need to install the drivers for it. If it does, make sure you aren't in bootloader mode or that you are using incorrect drivers.

3. Mr Spoon87

Mr Spoon87 Enthusiast

Im using the drivers from TX fourms, its showing nand-x in device manager.

How do i check if im in bootloader mode?

4. Jordan

If it's showing up in device manager, then you should not be getting "USB Not Found", it does know there is a USB device connected... what version of NANDpro are you using?

1 person likes this.
  5. Mr Spoon87

Mr Spoon87 Enthusiast

I was using 3.0 and the one built into jtag tool.

Thanks for your help but it doesnt matter now because i have lost the C2C3 cap after getting frustrated and sloppy.

If you know anyone in the UK that can fix that it would be a massive help :biggrin:

6. Jordan

Maybe talk to olyboi and Ells. Their shop is pinned in the service section.

7. Mr Spoon87

Mr Spoon87 Enthusiast

Sorry to bump an old (ish) topic but I found and replaced the C2C3 capacitor so my xbox is back up and running now.

Im still having the original issue tho, does anyone have any more info that could help?