What's new

Question NAND Dump Question(s)

x712

x712

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so I have 3 dumps of both NANDs. I wasn't able to find anything telling me which NAND is which. It's a COK-001 board, but the only other I could find has both chips on top of the board. So my question here is, which NAND is which?

I assumed the CPU/ GPU side was the "top" and the other was the "bottom" from what I have read. However, when running the dumps through Flow Builder it gives me a funky result.

(Result A) I get both bootloader_0 and _1 when when using what I thought was the top NAND and bottom NAND as top and bottom.

(Result B) I get the normal 9 files and 2 folders when using top as bottom and bottom as top.

Neither NAND had any bad blocks, and it passed in Swizzys and also looks fine in HxD (Result B)

So does that mean I just have the 2 mixed up? Technically the GPU side is the bottom sooooo, yeah?

Logically it makes sense, but I am new to most of this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am currently downloading the Ultimate Fool Proof Guide just so I can get this "Progskeet Patch TXT" file. Anyone happen to have that so I don't have to install this whole thing to just uninstall it after I get the text? Doesn't matter either way I just figured if someone has it stored online, hook a fellow member up! :smile:

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :smile:

Tsubasa

Tsubasa

Lurker
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright so I have 3 dumps of both NANDs. I wasn't able to find anything telling me which NAND is which. It's a COK-001 board, but the only other I could find has both chips on top of the board. So my question here is, which NAND is which?

I assumed the CPU/ GPU side was the "top" and the other was the "bottom" from what I have read. However, when running the dumps through Flow Builder it gives me a funky result.

(Result A) I get both bootloader_0 and _1 when when using what I thought was the top NAND and bottom NAND as top and bottom.

(Result B) I get the normal 9 files and 2 folders when using top as bottom and bottom as top.

Neither NAND had any bad blocks, and it passed in Swizzys and also looks fine in HxD (Result B)

So does that mean I just have the 2 mixed up? Technically the GPU side is the bottom sooooo, yeah?

Logically it makes sense, but I am new to most of this and any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am currently downloading the Ultimate Fool Proof Guide just so I can get this "Progskeet Patch TXT" file. Anyone happen to have that so I don't have to install this whole thing to just uninstall it after I get the text? Doesn't matter either way I just figured if someone has it stored online, hook a fellow member up! :smile:

Thanks for taking the time to read this! :smile:

Maybe Pianist Prodigy Pianist Prodigy , CaliTheGod, or Reaper. Might be able to help, as I don't quiet understand what you're trying to ask.

But, I hope the problem gets fixed. Always happy modding!

T

Toothless

7s Official Dragon
Reaction score
Sin$
It depends. Honestly the easiest thing to do would be to redo the whole process. Be more careful this time and pay more attention to detail.

x712

x712

Reaction score
Sin$
I did pay attention to every detail I could find, Toothless. The only thing I can't figure out, is which NAND is which. I have everything else correct. I am assuming the one next to the BRD ribbon clip is the top NAND, but I can't find anything or anyone that can clarify that. Is there something of the sort that has each board listed as to which NAND is which? BTW thanks for the responses! Between the messages and comments received, this is by far the most helpful forum I have ever been a member of. :smile:

x712

x712

Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe Pianist Prodigy Pianist Prodigy , CaliTheGod, or Reaper. Might be able to help, as I don't quiet understand what you're trying to ask.

But, I hope the problem gets fixed. Always happy modding!

Yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense looking back. It was 4:30 AM and I was ready for bed hours before I posted. Haha.

I am just trying to figure out which NAND is which on my NTSC Cok-001 board.

Basically I have my dumps as followed. Top1, Top2, Top3, Bottom1, Bottom2, Bottom3.

Going through flowrebuilder I select Top1 as the first flash, and Bottom1 as the second flash. Once I hit execute, It gives me 2 files. Bootloader_0 and Bootloader_1. If I use Bottom1 as the first flash, and Top1 as the second flash , it gives me the 9 files and 2 folder I should have. Asecure_loader folder, ros folder, and then bootloader_0, bootloader_1, cCSD, cISD, creserved_0.cvtrm,eEID, and both trvk_pkg files.

This also happens when using Top2 and Bottom2 for the second dump join.

I guess what I am trying to ask, does it sound like when I dumped the NANDs that I mixed them up and labeled them backwards? I can't find anything that clarifies which NAND is which on a board and from what I have read it doesn't matter which gets dumped first as long as they both dump 100%.

Top Bottom
Login
Register