• Thread starter Tranquilty Modz
  • Start date
  • Views 409
Tranquilty Modz

Tranquilty Modz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
well i have a login form and i have it all connected and working fine. but people can see the database login info aka

Code:
 MySqlConnection con = new MySqlConnection("Server=...; database=...; Uid=...; Pwd=...");

is there a way i can make my own .dll so that it has that inside it so all i do is like
MySqlConnection con = new MySqlConnection(database); or something like that ?

Z61

Z61

Some times our saints are sinners
Retired
Programmer Forum Addict Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
The dll could be decompiled as well, so no point in hiding it there.

Im4eversmart

Im4eversmart

The hacks are real
Glitcher Modder Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
You can make an account that would only have access to the data you want to show using access control. It's not secure, but it's better than giving away an admin account.

Sumo

Sumo

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
VIP
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Odysseus' Summit 5th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Make a webserver backend that communicates with the db, then all your app has to do is communicate with the webserver and no user details are exposed.

P

pwfdc

Bright Idea Programmer Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What you could do is make like an "API" for your database. So...
Your program communicates with example.org. You display a log in screen on your program...user enters username and password. They hit "Log In" and it posts the information like so...
www.example.org/api.php?u=username&p=password
Example.org would return a bool (true or false). If it's true, continue to next form.

This of course is not protected against man in the middle attacks that stand in the middle of your program and server and can see the username and password. So you'll want to encrypt the values. But that's all up to you.

Top Bottom
Login
Register