What's new

Discussion My thoughts on the "Will R* take away all our dirty money after the transfer?"

• Thread starter panagis87
  • Start date
  • Views 2,529
panagis87

panagis87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Many people seem worried about the fact that when they transferred to the new console, they also had money that had been taken away from them back in the billionaire days.

I understand the reaction and fear that R* might have set a trap and take away not only the "weird" dirty money that was previously lost and now somehow reappeared, but also the actual money (legit or not) that the character had in his bank account right before the transfer.
The fear that a sweep may happen again and we should wait before we transfer etc.

Well, this is my opinion on the subject. (OPINION. I am not responsible if things turn otherwise, I do not have any "inside information" on the subject. I was kinda bored and decided to share my thought. Nothing more than that.

R* isn't stupid.

If they wanted you to be able to transfer only the money you already have they would have done that.
Easily.

Also R* (as any other company) cares about profit. Not fair play.

The 2 main reasons why they even allowed us in the first place to transfer our characters to a new console were:
1. Cause if we had to start all over again, the vast majority of us would not bother buying the new game. We would just stick to the current console and generation.
2. New "virgin" players, that have never played gta online before and their first time will be in a PS4/XB1/PC, would NOT have to deal with players with huge ranks, that own 20 fast and stunning vehicles, have weapons that can eliminate them with just 1 shot etc.
Since you start your gta online career and by the first time that you appear on the map you get killed in an instant, you feel that you have to do something fast to become one of the "strong" players.
Virgin players are not really aware of glitches. And since we are talking about new consoles maybe glitches will take some time to start flooding the place.
And even if glitches arise the golden rule will still apply "you need money to make money".

I bought a PS3 and GTA in July, and started playing online.
PS3 was around for 10 months or so. I was an underdog by all means.
What could I do to become a competitive player? Earn money.
I knew about glitches. However I didn't have the money to get one started.
So i bought the 20$ shark card. R* gained 20 more bucks from my pocket. My real pocket.
The game currency only works one way. Real money to in-game fake money. Fake money don't worth s***t.

What happened to me and I described in the paragraph above is gonna happen to all the virgin players that start playing gta.

R* just wants to keep some balance.
In the billionaire days (way before i started playing, but I have read a lot about that era) everything was starting to become nonsense because rich characters were so damn rich, and new/poor characters were so far from that that they would not even hope in becoming competitive. So they wiped everything.
Why would they punish you for GOD mode? Cause you are invincible = no hope for others.
Why do they forgive other types of modding/glitching? Cause you are simply "stronger" in one way or another = there is hope.

What I believe is happening here is R* is letting everybody transfer with all their money (including the money they have lost during the sweep).
This way, tempts players to buy the game and transfer, thinking they will live again the glorious days of the 13 digits bank accounts.
New players are aware they will have to deal with extremely hard to beat enemies, with loads of cash, loads of cars and military vehicles etc.
So, if they want to stand a chance, they have to buy shark cards, get an apartment, a garage, weapons, vehicles, I wouldn't even be surprised if you can somehow "buy" your way up in the ranks.
(we all know the 500k R* is giving away as a gift is a silly amount).

Eventually the "lost money" will be lost again.
Everybody will be left with the money they had before the transfer (legit or not), and the game will move on.

Keep in mind that the "megalodon 8mil in game cash" that costs us 100 real life $, does not mean that 8million of in game cash cost R* 100$.

In game money is thin air. You pay a prostitute 50gta$, she gives you a bj, she leaves.
Let's suppose you do not kill her, and you start following her. Where does she go? To the local R* bank to deposit the money along with all her other profits for another player to buy them with a shark card?
No. She goes in circles, or she vanishes or happens to her whatever happens to an npc.

R* does not lose money when you do a glitch.
R* "loses" in game money (something that is infinite, therefore cannot be considered a loss) when you do a glitch.

In even simpler words
100$=8mil gta $
8mil gta $= nothing.

As I said before, it is normal that they want to keep balances for players who buy cards, and don't want to feel as if they were robbed, to players that play legit etc.
If you post a picture of your character with your bank account showing your trillions, or you spread mayhem doing GOD mode and another player reports you to R*, it is logical that they will ban you/take away your money etc, not so much in order to punish you, but in order to compensate/satisfy the guy that reported you so he does not feel that R* does not give a damn.

R* purpose is to earn as much money as possible, sell as many copies as possible, sell as many cash cards as possible.
If all of us transfer and R* leaves us with 10bucks, does not mean we will start buying shark cards. We will simply feel sorry for spending money to buy the damn game, sell it as "used in mint condition" and move on.
However, if R* uses us in order to lure more and more gamers to buy the game and maybe even buy one or more shark cards to get them started, we will all be happy.

And guess what?
R* will be the happiest of all:wink:

G

God

VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
What I believe is happening here is R* is letting everybody transfer with all their money (including the money they have lost during the sweep).
This way, tempts players to buy the game and transfer, thinking they will live again the glorious days of the 13 digits bank accounts.

This is sooooo not true. Anyone with common sense knows for a fact R* would not intentionally give us trillions of dollars. It does not tempt people into buying the games because they know it's a glitch and they know R* is going to patch it ASAP.

As I said before, it is normal that they want to keep balances for players who buy cards, and don't want to feel as if they were robbed, to players that play legit etc.
If you post a picture of your character with your bank account showing your trillions, or you spread mayhem doing GOD mode and another player reports you to R*, it is logical that they will ban you/take away your money etc, not so much in order to punish you, but in order to compensate/satisfy the guy that reported you so he does not feel that R* does not give a damn
What?? They don't ban people just to make the reporter happy, they ban people because they want to keep the game cheater/modder/and greifer free hence bad sport and the cheaters pool. It's to punish you.

If all of us transfer and R* leaves us with 10bucks, does not mean we will start buying shark cards. We will simply feel sorry for spending money to buy the damn game, sell it as "used in mint condition" and move on.
However, if R* uses us in order to lure more and more gamers to buy the game and maybe even buy one or more shark cards to get them started, we will all be happy.

R* is not going to leave people with $10 lmao, even then people won't buy shark cards. No one is going to buy a $100 shark card every time they release a DLC just so they can afford the new million dollar vehicles they put out. They are going to use glitches or work hard through missions. It's would be completely idiotic to spend hundreds of dollars on a game you paid $60 for.

MyNamesLawless

MyNamesLawless

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm thinking that if we were to see the breakdown of shark sales, it'd be the little fellas that bring in the majority of purchases - those little top-up dont feel like much, but the add up a whole lot.

Deesk06

Deesk06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The whole money thing is kind of like any game in the app store for Google Play or Apple.

They have in game currencies that you pay for that can only work one way. I think it is bs to do this. But also its their games their rules. And if your acquiring something for free without playing by the game rules it is actually illegal in a real life situation. now will they press aainst these offenders for the first time? Of course not, they are buying and playing their game.

I think using real money to buy in game currency is stupid, it should not have to be paid for..all these people care about is money...that's all its about

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The assumption that Rockstar Games did this purposely is all wrong. The fact that people are getting billions of dollars is a glitch in the system. I have two friends who both used DNS mods and had over $50 billion before the major DNS sweep. On Xbox One, neither of them got their billions. They have their exact money amount they had on Xbox 360. So if Rockstar was doing this purposely, wouldn't it happen to everyone not select players?

As for the balanced game, I agree with that. The mods made the GTA Online economy so inflated which is my theory why the vehicles they add in are so expensive.

A

acr731

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
"So, if they want to stand a chance, they have to buy shark cards, get an apartment, a garage, weapons, vehicles, I wouldn't even be surprised if you can somehow "buy" your way up in the ranks.
(we all know the 500k R* is giving away as a gift is a silly amount)."

There's a way..... its called a recovery service.

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
I transferred my moola and I've been living large. But I've been "rich" for a quite some time now, so I doubt I'd lose my trust fund now.

MR ROBOT

MR ROBOT

The empire on which the sun never sets
Reaction score
Sin$
WE ARE GOING TO BE BROKE, there is no other way of looking at it.

NillxModz

NillxModz

'Tis The Season To Be Jolly
Reaction score
Sin$
Rockstar Games did not have a role in this. Due to a minor balance calculation fault in the system, it restores the previously adjusted balance from January 2014. This has affected a very small amount of people and was recently fixed via server-side and will be further corrected in the next title update.

Rockstar Games will not ever do something on purpose such as this. It was a fault, and will/has partly been corrected as of this message.

MR ROBOT

MR ROBOT

The empire on which the sun never sets
Reaction score
Sin$
One of my friends phoned rockstar up, and rockstar said they did not know about any of the glitched money that people have ended up with.

B

BDKOHN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
One of my friends phoned rockstar up, and rockstar said they did not know about any of the glitched money that people have ended up with.

MirrorMartini, remember there are separate departments in RockStar North.

Department:
Support
Developers
Game Moderation

Think about it, your calling Support Team which usually does not know a lot of things than a Developers can. Imagine your a Support Team not knowing any how the game works. They feel the same way while the Developers behind the scene fixing, patching, and updating the game. Support team has a program created by Developer for easy access to Grand Theft Auto Online and Single Player to have ability to give money, rank or fix some things. When you submit the ticket to Support, and you request a inquiry, the Support will always say, They are looking into it, they are referring Developers team to look into it.

Mordecai

Mordecai

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Moon Moonヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
10th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Services
Reaction score
Sin$
This game isn't pay to win... low level players can kill high level players without money, money doesn't get you high rank weapons...

panagis87

panagis87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all, to all the people that bothered posting without even reading my op, as I said I was bored (actually sick in bed with nothing to do) and decided to share my thoughts on the topic.
If you find the post extremely large for your tastes, you can ignore it and move on.
If it violates any rules, it can be deleted.

I like reading, I like typing.

It's as simple as that:smile:

This is sooooo not true.

Just to clear something out (not only to you).
I am not implying that I hold the one and only truth.
I do not even believe that what I say is true.
I am only sharing some thoughts.

A simple conversation and exchange of opinions if you like.

Anyone with common sense knows for a fact R* would not intentionally give us trillions of dollars. It does not tempt people into buying the games because they know it's a glitch and they know R* is going to patch it ASAP.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying here.
But, consider this.

What can you actually do with trillions, that you cannot do with billions, or even 80-100 millions? (unless you just want to brag about it)

Since in game money is nothing but thin air and figures in a screen, if R* does not give a damn if you can buy everything that can be bought (which can be done with 80-100mil), why should they be annoyed if you carry a couple of billions more?

Apart from the fact that if everyone can have that amount of money, then the game totally loses its purpose (aka the old billionaire days).

Of course they are going to take away the extra money (or patch the glitch if you prefer).
But have you read some threads in here?
Others are scared to transfer (but are going to buy the game anyway), and others are in a hurry to buy the game in order to transfer cause they either think R* may not take away the extra cash, or they want to spend as much as they can before that. (don't ask me how can someone spend such large amounts of money. I seriously have no clue. But people do get greedy.)

What?? They don't ban people just to make the reporter happy, they ban people because they want to keep the game cheater/modder/and greifer free hence bad sport and the cheaters pool. It's to punish you.

If they wanted to keep the game totally cheater/modder/etc free don't you think they would simply flag legit earned cash VS non legit cash, legit bought vehicles VS duplicated/modded/whatever vehicles etc?

There would be no need to track each and everyone's account.
Even if you had 1 extra dollar in your pocket that was not earned by following the game rules, they could easily know.

They do not care.
We have a tendency to think that a matter that is serious to us is equally serious to somebody else.
When you find a glitch and you duplicate 100 adders etc, for you it's like "Yeah! Woohoo!! I'm rich! F**k off R*!!!".
That does not necessarily mean that "on the other end of the line" there is R* banging it's head to a wall and crying "Damn he beat me! He hacked my game! Boohoo!!!".

R* has to pay real money to real people to create games, support etc.
If a glitch appears and is not in schedule to fix it, it is highly unlikely that they will pay extra money for people to work overtime in order for you to stop duping adders.

If punishment was their primary concern, the cheaters pool would be more populated than the normal lobbies.

R* is not going to leave people with $10 lmao, even then people won't buy shark cards. No one is going to buy a $100 shark card every time they release a DLC just so they can afford the new million dollar vehicles they put out. They are going to use glitches or work hard through missions. It's would be completely idiotic to spend hundreds of dollars on a game you paid $60 for.

We don't disagree here.
That's part of what I said in my op.
That R* is not so stupid to leave you with 10$.

Considering the shark cards though, many people are "completely idiotic" to use your own words, that actually spend 100's of dollars buying cards cause they are not aware of glitches, they don't want to work hard through missions, or maybe they are even richer in real life than they are in the game.

(wherever I used the word "you", i.e. "you dupe an adder, you lose your money" etc, I do not mean personally you. I mean myself, others who play the game etc. I just didn't know how to say it in another way. English is not my mother tongue.)

The assumption that Rockstar Games did this purposely is all wrong. The fact that people are getting billions of dollars is a glitch in the system. I have two friends who both used DNS mods and had over $50 billion before the major DNS sweep. On Xbox One, neither of them got their billions. They have their exact money amount they had on Xbox 360. So if Rockstar was doing this purposely, wouldn't it happen to everyone not select players?

You do have a point here.

Maybe the "billion transferring thing" is a glitch in the system, as you said.

But R* taking away ALL non legit money along with the billions is something that I do not think will happen, cause as I said it is not in their interest.

As for the balanced game, I agree with that. The mods made the GTA Online economy so inflated which is my theory why the vehicles they add in are so expensive.

Agreed.
I don't know whether they can fix that no matter how many vehicles they add, but it could help a bit I guess.

"So, if they want to stand a chance, they have to buy shark cards, get an apartment, a garage, weapons, vehicles, I wouldn't even be surprised if you can somehow "buy" your way up in the ranks.
(we all know the 500k R* is giving away as a gift is a silly amount)."

There's a way..... its called a recovery service.

Indeed...
However I am a member of this forum for 2 months, reading only about gta v and I had no clue what a recovery service meant. (actually thanks a lot for letting me know. I searched it and found that it seems like a good deal)

But from the millions that play gta, how many do you think are aware of the "psn store" and the "shark cash cards" and the (let's suppose they release something like that) "ranking up dolphin cards"?
And how many are aware of this forum, and furthermore the "recovery services"?

This game isn't pay to win... low level players can kill high level players without money, money doesn't get you high rank weapons...

Money might not get you high rank weapons.
But do you have any recollection of when you first started playing and your health was at 20/100, trying to kill someone with a high rank?

When you first start, with the aluminum foil body armor and the low health stat you are a "2 bullets issue" for anyone close to you.
Easier to kill than animals in SP.

To start surviving a couple of shots in freeroam, having a chance during a DM etc, you have to get your health up.
And that occurs only by ranking up.

Once again, cause I don't want to be misunderstood, I am not arguing with anyone, I am not suggesting a solution to a problem, I am not saying "I am right you are wrong".
This is meant to be a discussion about the billions that got transferred, whether we are going to lose our money or not, maybe even conspiracy theories on how R* functions:eek:

Definitely not a quarrel though:smile:

Mordecai

Mordecai

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Moon Moonヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
10th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Services
Reaction score
Sin$
First of all, to all the people that bothered posting without even reading my op, as I said I was bored (actually sick in bed with nothing to do) and decided to share my thoughts on the topic.
If you find the post extremely large for your tastes, you can ignore it and move on.
If it violates any rules, it can be deleted.

I like reading, I like typing.

It's as simple as that:smile:

Just to clear something out (not only to you).
I am not implying that I hold the one and only truth.
I do not even believe that what I say is true.
I am only sharing some thoughts.

A simple conversation and exchange of opinions if you like.

I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying here.
But, consider this.

What can you actually do with trillions, that you cannot do with billions, or even 80-100 millions? (unless you just want to brag about it)

Since in game money is nothing but thin air and figures in a screen, if R* does not give a damn if you can buy everything that can be bought (which can be done with 80-100mil), why should they be annoyed if you carry a couple of billions more?

Apart from the fact that if everyone can have that amount of money, then the game totally loses its purpose (aka the old billionaire days).

Of course they are going to take away the extra money (or patch the glitch if you prefer).
But have you read some threads in here?
Others are scared to transfer (but are going to buy the game anyway), and others are in a hurry to buy the game in order to transfer cause they either think R* may not take away the extra cash, or they want to spend as much as they can before that. (don't ask me how can someone spend such large amounts of money. I seriously have no clue. But people do get greedy.)

If they wanted to keep the game totally cheater/modder/etc free don't you think they would simply flag legit earned cash VS non legit cash, legit bought vehicles VS duplicated/modded/whatever vehicles etc?

There would be no need to track each and everyone's account.
Even if you had 1 extra dollar in your pocket that was not earned by following the game rules, they could easily know.

They do not care.
We have a tendency to think that a matter that is serious to us is equally serious to somebody else.
When you find a glitch and you duplicate 100 adders etc, for you it's like "Yeah! Woohoo!! I'm rich! F**k off R*!!!".
That does not necessarily mean that "on the other end of the line" there is R* banging it's head to a wall and crying "Damn he beat me! He hacked my game! Boohoo!!!".

R* has to pay real money to real people to create games, support etc.
If a glitch appears and is not in schedule to fix it, it is highly unlikely that they will pay extra money for people to work overtime in order for you to stop duping adders.

If punishment was their primary concern, the cheaters pool would be more populated than the normal lobbies.

We don't disagree here.
That's part of what I said in my op.
That R* is not so stupid to leave you with 10$.

Considering the shark cards though, many people are "completely idiotic" to use your own words, that actually spend 100's of dollars buying cards cause they are not aware of glitches, they don't want to work hard through missions, or maybe they are even richer in real life than they are in the game.

(wherever I used the word "you", i.e. "you dupe an adder, you lose your money" etc, I do not mean personally you. I mean myself, others who play the game etc. I just didn't know how to say it in another way. English is not my mother tongue.)

You do have a point here.

Maybe the "billion transferring thing" is a glitch in the system, as you said.

But R* taking away ALL non legit money along with the billions is something that I do not think will happen, cause as I said it is not in their interest.

Agreed.
I don't know whether they can fix that no matter how many vehicles they add, but it could help a bit I guess.

Indeed...
However I am a member of this forum for 2 months, reading only about gta v and I had no clue what a recovery service meant. (actually thanks a lot for letting me know. I searched it and found that it seems like a good deal)

But from the millions that play gta, how many do you think are aware of the "psn store" and the "shark cash cards" and the (let's suppose they release something like that) "ranking up dolphin cards"?
And how many are aware of this forum, and furthermore the "recovery services"?

Money might not get you high rank weapons.
But do you have any recollection of when you first started playing and your health was at 20/100, trying to kill someone with a high rank?

When you first start, with the aluminum foil body armor and the low health stat you are a "2 bullets issue" for anyone close to you.
Easier to kill than animals in SP.

To start surviving a couple of shots in freeroam, having a chance during a DM etc, you have to get your health up.
And that occurs only by ranking up.

Once again, cause I don't want to be misunderstood, I am not arguing with anyone, I am not suggesting a solution to a problem, I am not saying "I am right you are wrong".
This is meant to be a discussion about the billions that got transferred, whether we are going to lose our money or not, maybe even conspiracy theories on how R* functions:eek:

Definitely not a quarrel though:smile:
my point was that letting high levels transfer doesn't force new players to buy cash cards so they have a chance, because the cash cards will do nothing for them because it isn't pay to win.

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Literally all I've got to say is, conspiracy theorists can think what they want. You have a point with some things you have said and then others are just stretching it.

B

BDKOHN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Literally all I've got to say is, conspiracy theorists can think what they want. You have a point with some things you have said and then others are just stretching it.

Digital HD, I got your point across, even though when Grand Theft Auto Online first came out RockStar North stated that they want a stable balance economy. When the "Next Generation Grand Theft Auto Online" While fixing and remaking the game, within their spare time they could just create a new system for returning players to transfer and detect modding money to be taken away and leave legit money in or RockStar is just as lazy to create that system while the game is being developed or done developing.

Retribution

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reporter Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Digital HD, I got your point across, even though when Grand Theft Auto Online first came out RockStar North stated that they want a stable balance economy. When the "Next Generation Grand Theft Auto Online" While fixing and remaking the game, within their spare time they could just create a new system for returning players to transfer and detect modding money to be taken away and leave legit money in or RockStar is just as lazy to create that system while the game is being developed or done developing.

R* is too lazy to develop that system.

Top Bottom
Login
Register