What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Show Off My Build

• Thread starter Dark TwizTid
  • Start date
  • Views 514
Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I just recently finished this build thanks to a few people. The parts were ordered through a computer store where I live, so they did cost a bit more than I would have paid ordering online. I do think it came out to just around 2,100 CAN for all the parts. Here are the specs:

Rig Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.ooGHz
Cooler: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100i
Mobo: Asus Z97-P Socket 1150
Memory: Kingston Fury 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
Storage: Boots up on Kingston SSD-300S37-120GB, with a second Seagate Barracuda 2TB Internal HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Power Supply: Cooler Master V650W 80+ Gold Semi-modular
Case: Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX Case

Peripherals:
2x 27" LG IPS Monitors
CM Devastator Combo keyboard + mouse
HP Officejet 6815
Logitech 200W Speakers w/Sub
iFrogz headset(you know where this was from heh)

I do plan on upgrading the GPU later on as well as when I have an extra $100, I will be buying another 8gb RAM(should be a few weeks actually). I also originally wanted a 240gb SSD, but it was out of budget, same with the 2nd storage, I wanted a 4TB, but I am fine with a 2TB. I don't need it but I just don't like the idea of not having it :tongue:

My case is nothing really. I am going to be buying a better one, but I am not sure what I want yet. I have a couple hundred left to spend on the 8gb RAM and another case.

My monitors are huge. I really have to get used of them. Luckily they only cost me around $250 each, rather than the hundreds more I could have spent on 1. I also don't need a high end mouse or keyboard, so I got a $50 combo. I really like neon green on black so it works for me :smile:

Let me know what you think.

PS. I will get a picture of the inside later, I really have to work on my cable management. :confused:

9jkcgo.jpg

x5896t.jpg

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
How does the GPU fair? I don't do much gaming, but I want to.
It will do great on medium/high on some of the games from the last 2/3 years. It can probably hit ultra on more older games. It could fare pretty well on games from '14-'15, something like 1080p 30fps on Ultra/high.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Reaction score
Sin$
It will do great on medium/high on some of the games from the last 2/3 years. It can probably hit ultra on more older games. It could fare pretty well on games from '14-'15, something like 1080p 30fps on Ultra/high.
So if I am not that much into PC gaming, it should be good for now. I may be buying more games this summer while working. At the moment I rarely have time to play h1z1 but I still get a few hours in every few days heh

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So if I am not that much into PC gaming, it should be good for now. I may be buying more games this summer while working. At the moment I rarely have time to play h1z1 but I still get a few hours in every few days heh
You will be good for another year and a half if you only casually play(or are only playing more indie/lower tier games). If you fire up H1Z1 and like your performance, you will be fine.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Reaction score
Sin$
You will be good for another year and a half if you only casually play(or are only playing more indie/lower tier games). If you fire up H1Z1 and like your performance, you will be fine.
It has been good. I made a mistake and have been putting everything on my SSD so I have to uninstall some unimportant stuff later and move them to my secondary HDD. I haven't overclocked yet, am kind of sketchy about it heh

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Reaction score
Sin$
I need a good decent priced keyboard and mouse. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom
Login
Register