All Mw2 & Other Map Pictures Found & Used!

Discussion in 'MW3 Modding' started by 2much4u, May 12, 2012 with 11 replies and 1,268 views.

1. 2much4u

2much4u Enthusiast

Maps:
    Well i was going through a file in hex editor and i found a list of all the map pictures. I put them in the game to look at and they where very interesting. Here are all of them i found, they may look playable but if you try to play any of them you will freeze, I did this on a Wii but these pictures might exist and be useable on Xbox & PS3 too!

Alps:
    Image id: preview_mp_alps
    My interpretation: A farm up in the(as the title hints) alps, looks unfinished as there is a gun in the picture.

[​IMG]

Brooklyn:
    Image id: preview_mp_brooklyn
    My interpretation: A map that takes place in the city brooklyn(New York), looks unfinished or just a joke because of the orange text "Brooklyn in Da Hood!"

[​IMG]

Rust!:
    Image id: preview_mp_rust
    My interpretation: Yes its the famous Rust from MW2, Of all the pictures this is the most professional looking one. If you dont know this map google it.

[​IMG]

It has lobby pictures too!:
    Image id: preview_mp_rust_lobby
    Its looks very real and playable but unfortunately nobody else sees it all they see is a black background and the text mp_rust.

[​IMG]

Meteora:
    Image id: preview_mp_meteora
    My interpretation: A warehouse/park place with what looks like part of a fountain and a big open grave, looks unfinished.

[​IMG]

Plaza:
    Image id: preview_mp_plaza
    My interpretation: Looks like Arkaden, a destroyed mall, looks finished.

[​IMG]

Coastal:
    Image id: preview_mp_coast
    My interpretation: I truly cant make sense of this the picture doesn't seem that coastal, but whatever theres buildings and a palm tree in the background, looks kinda finished.

[​IMG]
  2. xAndrew2007x

xAndrew2007x Banned

These are supposed to be our future maps, correct?
  3. 2much4u

2much4u Enthusiast

I dont think so, they where just leftover pictures in the ui_mp.ff along with all the other map pictures. They where probably from Mw3 beta testing.
  4. CVLT

CVLT Contributor

I might try editing a vault video to one of these maps.
  5. Snoop Dogg

Snoop Dogg Enthusiast

Just because of that you say "Fake"?
  6. MrHoezey

MrHoezey ☆ℳinecraft мøḓẕ☆

In the brooklyn map, did you add the text? because it looks like the text u get from sony vegas. lol. and yeah i think it was beta because they arent well artistic to be as a image for a map.
  7. 2much4u

2much4u Enthusiast

Now i didnt but everyone thinks i did so i made this video to prove it:(I Made this for a certain unbeliever tony.
  8. XeChris

XeChris Member

These maps were used in the mw3 pre alpha/prototype. They were used as test maps and were cut from the final version. However if you look up the file name of the cut map, like mp_coastal.ff you might find it. Also mp_coastal was the first test map, as the tiles on the ground are generic and are used for testing geometry. Then they are replaced with the proper ones.
  9. SKUNN3R

SKUNN3R Banned

they look horrible ..
  10. Red

Red #MinecraftRenovation Diet Moderators

I wonder if you load up rust in a cmr if it would play
  11. coder

coder dat crazy duck

you can add any dvars what loads maps to cmr file
  12. Red

Red #MinecraftRenovation Diet Moderators

I am sorry but what do you mean?