Modded Xbox 360 Banned From Xbox live - Can't play Skyrim?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Jackalhead, Nov 17, 2011 with 16 replies and 4,452 views.

1. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

Apparently since my Xbox 360 was somehow banned from Xbox live (even though I never used it to cheat online), I can't download the dashboard update and therefore cannot play Skyrim. :frown: it went under settings and tested the network, so I verified that it IS connecting to the internet. It just can't connect to Xbox Live.

It worked fine for Spider-Man 3 (which sucks), but when I put my Skyrim disc in, it says it needs to download an update in order to play. So I press 'Ok' and it downloads and then I get an E81 error with the red ring with 1 red light.

What do I need to do this? Please help!

2. ZombieHunter123

ZombieHunter123 Enthusiast

1 red ring means something is plugged in wrong... Unplug all your cables and plug em back in

3. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

But then why does everything else work, including Spider-man 3? And why does this only happen when I go to play Skyrim? I'll give it a shot.

Still doesn't work.

Anyone?

4. IM7S

IM7S Newbie

try goin to SYSTEM SETTINGS>STORAGE>PRESS THE BUTTON Y ON YHA Hard Drive and Scroll down to Clear System Cache and Try Then and Gimmie FeedBack

5. RobotJuice

RobotJuice Undercover Ad​min

download the update off microsoft.com and put it on a usb and update like that.

6. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

I tried putting it on a DVD ROM, but when I hit 'play game', it says the same thing that it needs to update and then it goes back to the E 81 screen. Not sure if I did it wrong. I'll ask my pops' if I can borrow his flash drive really quick.

I tried clearing the cache to no avail.

7. HUST13R

HUST13R Getting There

You also get one red light when using XGD3 disks when the DVD drive has been changed and spoofed which could also be the reason for your ban. If this is the case then you will need to reflash the drive as the actual model it is without spoofing as another model

Does it only happen with XGD3 disks.

8. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

I believe so, as it happens with certain disks and not others. How can I tell if it's XGD3 or not?

Oh and the update didn't work. :/ I put in the USB drive and it popped up saying an update has been found and asking me if I wanted to apply it. I said yes, then it said in order to apply THAT update, it had to install another update first... then it went back to E81.

9. HUST13R

HUST13R Getting There

Look on the abgx360 website at the verified database it will tell you if the game is xgd3 or just one of the older wave games.

10. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

Looks like it's XGD3 after all. So you can't play these discs on Jtag'd Xboxs?

By the way, I have only been having this problem recently. I haven't played my modded Xbox in a while, cause I had no reason to. However, now I want to mod skyrim so I went and bought a new hard drive for it, cause I let my bro have the one that came with it a while back.
    I had no problems whatsoever using the old hard drive back in the day. Could this be the cause? If I get that back from him should it update?

11. HUST13R

HUST13R Getting There

You can play them on jtags just copy game to HDD via FTP and play from HDD

12. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

I'm unfamiliar with FTP. What is it? I have XEXMENU installed on my hard drive, but whenever I go to 'copy dvd', it doesn't work. Instead of showing a progress bar and copying it, it just pauses a minute then goes back to the file browser.

13. HUST13R

HUST13R Getting There

I have problems with xexmenu copying from disk. Try install freestyle dash and do it from there and it will probay work or use FTP no point wasting disks if you have the games on your PC and using a JTAG. FTP is File transfer protocol for copying files over the network. You can convert the iso's to god files and copy that over or extract the iso's using XIB v2.9. Once done get the ip address of the Xbox from xexmenu or FSD and use something like FileZilla or flashfxp on the pc to copy them over the network to the Xbox.

Plus if the Xbox is jtagged you don't update via ms dash updates to get to a newer dash, you need to create a new freeboot NAND and flash that to the NAND.

14. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

Alright, so I set up Filezilla to the point where I can see the contents of my Xbox 360 Hard Drive. I have the Skyrim game disc on hand. You're saying I just put that in my DVD drive and use a program called XIB v2.9 to pull the ISOs off? Once I have the ISO's off the dvd, how to I go about using Filezilla to FTP that onto my HDD so I can play it off my console?

By the way, thanks for being so patient and taking the time to help me with this.

What tool should I use to do this? I'm assuming freeboot, but I never used that.

15. darkraider69

darkraider69 Enthusiast

What's you current dash you need 13604 and you also need dash lauch 2.25 or 2.26

16. Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin Retired Retired

Use usb to update dash

17. Jackalhead

Jackalhead Enthusiast

USB didn't work to update the dash, it looks like I'll have to do some really complex tutorial here:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58111

Where can I go on my console to check which version my dashboard is?

I notice in the above tutorial it requires that I locate my 'original nand'. What is my original nand and where do I obtain it?