What's new

Tutorial MODDED WEAPONS/ITEMS THAT PASS SANITY CHECK (BULLET MULTIPLIERS INCREASED)

• Thread starter MasterShakeCup
  • Start date
  • Views 380,711
DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Scaling the Mountain Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
But look it's not the same the others were in blus folder this is not
Yes they are.

B

BlueFin

Reaction score
Sin$
Excellent work people, many thanks for the efforts in producing this thread and saves. Cheers.

guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
I added one of the Dahl/Pimpernels both to the backpack and the bank; however, when opening the game, both were gone. It's the first time I've used the Gibbed editor--but it seemed pretty straightforward. I must be doing something wrong?

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

Le Penseur
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Journalist AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
Will do. Thanks! Definitely a goof on my end since I can't add a Gromky Lyuda, either.

guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
Will do. Thanks! Definitely a goof on my end since I can't add a Gromky Lyuda, either.

OK, got it. Saving the file while it was still open wasn't enough, I had to overwrite it. Strange. Great fun with this editor. I was also able to do this same mod with the Mac editor, Bordertools, though it's a bit awkward.

Hats off to MasterShakeCup for this fine work!

guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
Field Report:

It's a bold statement, but I'll say it anyway: the Torgue Rock Pistol aka Rock Pepperbox is, for certain characters, quite possibly the best weapon in the game for close-in to midrange distances. Right out of the box it outperforms the Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold (DPUH) in every category except magazine size where it holds only two (2) rounds less.

The 56% accuracy of the Rock Pepperbox is more than offset by a 200% Accuracy boost that produces a fairly tight pattern even at midrange distances without the horizontal divergence you see with DPUH.

As with the DPUH, the damage and especially the fire rate get a nice bump with the Sheriff's Badge.

Putting it through its paces with my Commando character at OP8 in the Bloodshot Stronghold, I was able to proceed quite well. The pistol is a keeper and a fine creation by MasterShakeCup.

MasterShakeCup

MasterShakeCup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Field Report:

It's a bold statement, but I'll say it anyway: the Torgue Rock Pistol aka Rock Pepperbox is, for certain characters, quite possibly the best weapon in the game for close-in to midrange distances. Right out of the box it outperforms the Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold (DPUH) in every category except magazine size where it holds only two (2) rounds less.

The 56% accuracy of the Rock Pepperbox is more than offset by a 200% Accuracy boost that produces a fairly tight pattern even at midrange distances without the horizontal divergence you see with DPUH.

As with the DPUH, the damage and especially the fire rate get a nice bump with the Sheriff's Badge.

Putting it through its paces with my Commando character at OP8 in the Bloodshot Stronghold, I was able to proceed quite well. The pistol is a keeper and a fine creation by MasterShakeCup.
Yeah, I like that pistol a lot. I still think the DP Unkept is better for boss killing, but I think the Pepperbox is better for just running around killing regular enemies. Have you tried the x3 Torgue Rock Assault Rifle? On my soldier, that paired with the explosive relic is my favorite.

guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
no, haven't tried that assault rifle. will give it a shot. would be nice if there were a way to have the equivalent of more than one relic since the Sheriff's Badge pairs so well with pistols.

Alexander_666

Alexander_666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi ,how does this work that the weapons pass sanity check ? 0o a tutorial please :stop: :biggrin:

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi ,how does this work that the weapons pass sanity check ? 0o a tutorial please :stop: :biggrin:
Because you're not actually adding parts to these, just changing manufacturer or removing parts which has always passed the sanity check.

guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
Now that's very useful info to know!

Let's hope they never patch these mods since some of these weapons are quickly becoming standard gear for me and make the game much more enjoyable.

guruiqi

guruiqi

Reaction score
Sin$
I've created a couple of Snipers that work, so now the question is: How do I get the paste codes?

DOMIN8

DOMIN8

Content Green and Yellow
Content Team
VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've created a couple of Snipers that work, so now the question is: How do I get the paste codes?
Right-click the item in your backpack and click Copy Code, then paste ot wherever...

Top Bottom
Login
Register