Status
Not open for further replies.
synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Question. Do you think It's possible to remove the Shield bar from the HUD in Slayer like how flood and your infection gametype has it? My friends say they want to play a "Hardcore" Team Slayer where you have a Shields and everything but the HUD is gone.

Plus everyone on my friends list says your infection gametype is awesome! I've been making tons of maps and different game modes since I've gotten the gametype too.

Yeah it's one of the player traits. What game type do you want it removed in?

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Actually we play with 50% Damage Resistance with Shields. No recharge rate. And RADAR off. So actually your wrong. There is no "screen peepin radar" We just want to have the shield bar out of the way so it looks better. And COD's hardcore isn't a one shot kill. I have gotten hit markers and no kill in Hardcore.

Me and My cousin set-it up in Mw2 so it was one shot kill, by making hardcore enabled and radar always on = off. and Your post suggested you wanted the radar on, sorry for mistake, but it suggested "My friends say they want to play a "Hardcore" Team Slayer where you have a Shields and everything (Radar = everything] on but the HUD is gone."

Your not normal, most people want the radar on. Lol. I like that you don't like radar on either. That is a step closer, you just need to play it with one shot kill now.

I think he wants it removed in slayer, I'm not positive though.
I was curious when you guys understand scripting better if you can merge halo reach's slayer menu with halo 4 menu so you can actually edit the powerups like you could in halo reach. I was curious was all. It'd be nice to have that ability back at least. And be able to edit the movement with all unlocked so you can place max speed instead of %300. And adjust scale.

Viral Elegy

Viral Elegy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What in the world is this version of hardcore are you folk on about? A prime example of Halo's hardcore is ProMod Classic or the like.

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What in the world is this version of hardcore are you folk on about? A prime example of Halo's hardcore is ProMod Classic or the like.
It's not like the Hardcore from COD. My friends and I just call it "Hardcore". Mainly because we remove radars and lower the player health a lot. We use Shields but sometimes we remove recharging or we make it, I think it's 25% for the recharge wait. I just asked if I could just get the shield bar off the HUD so it would look better and it would be hard to know how much shields you have left.

RecklessRi1ey

RecklessRi1ey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Synth is there ANY way in the future where you could bring back Stockpile PLEASE!!! I have a Great idea and if you did that I would be so Greatful Please!!

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
some maps designed specifically for these multi-team gametypes would be nice. especially for the mult-team dominion one, i really want to see that!!!

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It's not like the Hardcore from COD. My friends and I just call it "Hardcore". Mainly because we remove radars and lower the player health a lot. We use Shields but sometimes we remove recharging or we make it, I think it's 25% for the recharge wait. I just asked if I could just get the shield bar off the HUD so it would look better and it would be hard to know how much shields you have left.

Oh, I was being an arse, I'm sorry. Ignore my future a**holishness. That's not bad game-type at all, but my version would be a little different, oh well.

lordcrusnik1986

lordcrusnik1986

God of Halo Forge
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh, I was being an arse, I'm sorry. Ignore my future a**holishness. That's not bad game-type at all, but my version would be a little different, oh well.
i have that issue sometimes too, sometimes i mean to be slightly snarky but becomes insulting after awhile, that and i embarress myself to much .....

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
@ Cosmic Lightning Cosmic Lightning
As far as we know, you can only hide and/or disable any menu item, not add new ones. I think we can add a new trait set and modify the Megalo script to apply the new trait set to a powerup. You probably can let players change armor color and other hidden traits by adding new menu items to the game type options and use Megalo script to apply the settings to all players, not 100% sure yet.

@ RecklessRi1ey RecklessRi1ey
We need to research a bit more before we can recreate Stockpile, but it will happen eventually.

@ Sallos Sallos
I would love to play a 4v4v4v4 Dominion game on Longbow! Someone should convert the two buildings on both sides of the map into Dominion bases and then there will be 5 bases to contest for.

@ Adamgm10 Adamgm10
Here's Infinity Slayer with Shield HUD disabled.

Unusual Hiccup

Unusual Hiccup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
@ Sallos Sallos
I would love to play a 4v4v4v4 Dominion game on Longbow! Someone should convert the two buildings on both sides of the map into Dominion bases and then there will be 5 bases to contest for.

Agreed, this would be amazing. I sent amd42 a request the other day for a Dominion gametype with a flag per team, which are worth 30-50 points each when you capture them. So it has the underlying mechanics of Dominion, with added Flags.

Also, would it be possible to create a label in order to make an ordnance drop come down with a Target Designator? Or are the ordnance drops map attributes?

Or maybe even just a label which places a Target Designator on the ground?

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
i have that issue sometimes too, sometimes i mean to be slightly snarky but becomes insulting after awhile, that and i embarress myself to much .....

Well, at least I'm not the only one I guess. lol. I'm also edgu as its one day before my 23rd b-day & I feel something very very bad yet very very good will happen within that day. 05/23/13 turning 23 & there is three 3's & three 2's that day. 3 = bad & 2 = Wild Card. Put all 3, & 2, like this, you get, 23/23/23. So, yea, its golden alright, to golden.

As far as we know, you can only hide and/or disable any menu item, not add new ones. I think we can add a new trait set and modify the Megalo script to apply the new trait set to a powerup. You probably can let players change armor color and other hidden traits by adding new menu items to the game type options and use Megalo script to apply the settings to all players, not 100% sure yet.
Oh, I see. I see. Well, I was hoping was all. I still don't see why they made slayer on halo 4 worse then it was on reach. Sure, added new things but take out old, ugh. ;( Oh well.

Well, I never mess with re-spawn traits, so could you change the run-time to power-ups Instead?

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

@ RecklessRi1ey RecklessRi1ey
We need to research a bit more before we can recreate Stockpile, but it will happen eventually.

@ Sallos Sallos

@ Adamgm10 Adamgm10
Here's Infinity Slayer with Shield HUD disabled.

Thanks Synth92!

xxXENOPIRATExx

xxXENOPIRATExx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my god you guys are amazing, keep up the good work.
some maps designed specifically for these multi-team gametypes would be nice. especially for the mult-team dominion one, i really want to see that!!!
i will try to make these on my spare time.

Also, i wonder if juggernaut is possible.

Last edited:
synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Unusual Hiccup Unusual Hiccup
Ordnance item choices reference a string like "ord_weapon_storm_incineration_launcher". These strings are defined in a list of valid ordnance items, and the target designator is not one of them.

But you can totes spawn a target designator via Megalo script or give it to a player (like how they give the flagnum to you when you pick up the flag).

Lemmingscanfly

Lemmingscanfly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Unusual Hiccup Unusual Hiccup
Ordnance item choices reference a string like "ord_weapon_storm_incineration_launcher". These strings are defined in a list of valid ordnance items, and the target designator is not one of them.

But you can totes spawn a target designator via Megalo script or give it to a player (like how they give the flagnum to you when you pick up the flag).
That's awesome! but would there be any way to give the target designator unlimited ammo?

synth92

synth92

Getting There
Frame In Gold Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
9I3LrXY.jpg

That's awesome! but would there be any way to give the target designator unlimited ammo?

Maybe. We'll see.

Lemmingscanfly

Lemmingscanfly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I am thinking that this is 100% impossible but...
changing the colors of the hud.
Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register