• Thread starter Sativa
  • Start date
  • Views 134
Sativa

Sativa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, I have a pretty good assumption that you can't for obvious reasons but can you use patches to mod a game online without ripping the disc first?

In other words, can you have the disc in the DVD drive, swap out patches, and play the game with the mods or do I have to rip the game.

P.S. - I know it's a stupid question but things have changed since I left the modding scene back in 2011 so cut me some slack. :tongue:

Sativa

Sativa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's called iso modding. It's just way easier to just rip the game if you already have the disc.
I should have been more clear. I have a JTAG and I know what I'm doing as far as using it. I was just wondering if anything has changed over the last couple of years that allowed you to not have to rip the game to an HDD to run modded patches.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I should have been more clear. I have a JTAG and I know what I'm doing as far as using it. I was just wondering if anything has changed over the last couple of years that allowed you to not have to rip the game to an HDD to run modded patches.
You need to rip the game so that you have a place to put the patches regardless. Even with RTE'ing, the game must be ripped.

Top Bottom
Login
Register