What's new

Discussion Minecraft PE Controller Support

CowHax

CowHax

Reaction score
Sin$
Minecraft PE keeps getting updates with biomes and new items, but we can't even play Minecraft PE normally without quitting in 10 seconds because the controls sucks.

Of course, A game on the smartphone needs to have some kind of virtual buttons, but can't Mojang atleast build controller support in it? If they did, more people would be interested in buying Minecraft PE than ever before.

Controller support will also make the Ouya users happy, they don't have to rely on clones, but they can just Sideload the app and you will have Minecraft on the ouya as smooth as on the Playstation 3.

Being an indie game developer myself, I can say that controller support is not a big thing to do.
So why doesn't Mojang make this happen?

I asked Johan Bernhardsson (Lead Minecraft PE Mojang) on Twitter but I haven't got a response.
I'll hope to get a response soon so I can share this with you.
-Cowhax

Plopawert

Plopawert

Fear The Unknown
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I do agree, the PE version has terrible controls and it really shouldn't be hard to create controller support.

Gotta ask, however, is it really necessary? I mean, I understand the point of Minecraft PE, but if you are going to pay for and play the smartphone version of Minecraft are you really going to complain that the controls are lacking? :confused:

CowHax

CowHax

Reaction score
Sin$
I do agree, the PE version has terrible controls and it really shouldn't be hard to create controller support.

Gotta ask, however, is it really necessary? I mean, I understand the point of Minecraft PE, but if you are going to pay for and play the smartphone version of Minecraft are you really going to complain that the controls are lacking? :confused:

I'll get your point, but it is not just for mobile devices, Minecraft PE is for all android devices, inclusief home systems such as the Ouya.

Most of those systems have a terrible touchpad but a good controller.

Plopawert

Plopawert

Fear The Unknown
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I'll get your point, but it is not just for mobile devices, Minecraft PE is for all android devices, including home systems such as the Ouya.

Most of those systems have a terrible touchpad but a good controller.
Right, okay. Now that makes more sense.

Adolfin

Adolfin

Your Mom's Favourite VIP
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit End of the Year 2018 Platinum Record
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know anyone that has an Ouya :/

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$

*Cough* Download the .APK *Cough*

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Submission Machine
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ea had the ea game pad app for the iPod/iPhone so that you could use your iPod as the gamepad and have your iPad as a standalone screen. Although fifa was awful on iOS, it was still pretty nifty.

Dark TwizTid

Dark TwizTid

1 + 0 = 10
Seasoned Veteran Grammar Nazi Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
There already is an app for the Sixaxis Controller, they can't just make support for that? lol

Top Bottom
Login
Register