What's new

Discussion Minecraft owned by Microsoft. I think we will be ok.

• Thread starter Entriquit
  • Start date
  • Views 2,091
Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
Jesus christ you are ****ing stupid. I'm not saying "Micro$oft would be retarded to take over a multi million dollar profit business." I'm saying it would be retarded to take away what is already there. Ffs.
But you know what. I'm not even going to bother ****ing arguing. I've got better things to do.
Lol wow somebody's got the tickle stick.

Anyways, you think they are going to start with a clean slate? Like they would kill the whole game and re-release it? Because when they do buy it, nothing is going anywhere. Nobody is taking anything away, they will just actually keep the game updated since the DEMAND for MC is higher than what 4J can supply.

lrn2supplyanddemand

Korra

Korra

Yip Yip
Reaction score
Sin$
Microsoft would not pass up on making money. They make money by people buying their games, if they ruin the game, people won't buy it, and Microsoft wouldn't make money.

Twerk4BusTokens

Twerk4BusTokens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If they add the feature to change your username i'm pretty much on board haha!

K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Nothing is going to change, but updates will roll out faster.

Entriquit

Entriquit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, they wouln't spend 2b on a game and mess it up. I think they are probably going to end up adding lots to the game honestly.

FlamingRabbit

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, they wouln't spend 2b on a game and mess it up. I think they are probably going to end up adding lots to the game honestly.
Well, of course. I love how people think Microsoft bought the game for $2 billion just to f**k up a game everybody loves.

EDIT: My 777th post :wink:

Last edited:
K

Kakashi

OG
A Milli Mythical Veteran CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, of course. I love how people think Microsoft bought the game for $2 billion just to f**k up a game everybody loves.

EDIT: My 777th post :wink:
Yeah, they really bought it to push updates out quicker and to line their pockets.

Decy

Decy

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Just because microsoft have bought Minecraft don't think that they will ruin it.. it says in the contract that mojang deals with minecraft end of.. they just help along the way!

Marvhl

Marvhl

Trinity RGH2 <3
Reaction score
Sin$
We will defeninetly be ok, mojang didn't shut down, it's just that Microsoft bought that company and now controls them.

F

Fire First

Information tab on my profile to find out about me
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow, I was not aware of this.

NOMINA

NOMINA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like many other people, I have been trying to speculate whether minecraft will be completely ruined by microsoft with microtransactions, ads everywhere, payed updates etc, etc.

However, after finding this post, my thoughts have been changed and I think Microsoft will be able to maintan what it is that makes minecraft so special.

Here is the letter a 10 year old girl received from Microsoft after asking them not to ruin the game that her friends and her love to play. (Included in the full article linked above)

I think his response makes perfect sense. Minecraft is popular because of how creative people can be with it, making their own mods, textures and essentially their own games within minecraft. Why would Microsoft ever take that away?
who knows there is always a chance a company will mess up a game because it isn't the original people anymore so they will just try to milk money from the consumers like call of duty games

Entriquit

Entriquit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
who knows there is always a chance a company will mess up a game because it isn't the original people anymore so they will just try to milk money from the consumers like call of duty games

But I feel like microsoft knows better than to do that to a game, especially after spending 2.5 billion on it. They know that people would be pissed if they spammed microtransactions and made it pay-to-win, it's just not worth it for them. They see the potential minecraft has to expand and mojang has as developers. They are just going to pump more and more money in to it than mojang ever could.

Conix

Conix

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I think we should be ok also, as long as microsoft doesn't try anything stupid like making expansion packs and making us pay for them.

Fogel

Fogel

Call Me Mclovin!
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a Ps4 and I think they may keep selling the game on the platform but stop updating it honestly. That happens a lot.

Cosmic Lightning

Cosmic Lightning

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
also, I think it was 2.5 billion they spent on it in the original article I read where I found the link to. Anyway, if microsoft was going to be smart about it, they'd update the game faster with more people involved. More workers, More Money to pay the latter, Better production. But They leave the game alone with everything else, maybe add in more texture/skin packs make them a little cheaper, except the big ones of course i;e marvel stuff. But all in all, we all know they aren't smart. Look where halo is now thanks to a branch from there company.

D

Deleted member 777936

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's be honest... Microsoft will own EVERYTHING in the end :3

TechModZ

TechModZ

☆☆ Xbox Hoster ☆☆
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's be honest... Microsoft will own EVERYTHING in the end :3
Hes Not lieing lol And Watch ppl start getting banned off mc for mods or watch them take away servers and make us have to use ms servers but pay

D

Deleted member 777936

Houston, we have a problem.
Reaction score
Sin$
Hes Not lieing lol And Watch ppl start getting banned off mc for mods or watch them take away servers and make us have to use ms servers but pay
I'm also thinking, knowing microsoft, they'll start making a ton of DLC for it, such as you need to buy the end portal, or buy diamonds or something lol :biggrin:

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm also thinking, knowing microsoft, they'll start making a ton of DLC for it, such as you need to buy the end portal, or buy diamonds or something lol :biggrin:
When has Microsoft ever done microtransactions? It's the publishers that make those.

Top Bottom
Login
Register