1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Minecraft always freezes every few seconds?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Support' started by Unlovable Panda, Aug 13, 2011 with 11 replies and 16,973 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unlovable Panda

Unlovable Panda A zonkey

So I want to get back into playing Minecraft and when I went to play it on single player it runs very well but it seems to freeze every few seconds for like a milisecond. It pisses me off very much. I even set every graphic detail to Max FPS, smooth lighting off, Graphics: Fast. It still does the same thing. I have extra ram when playing. I even have a pretty nice computer. Here are some specs:

Intel i7 Core CPU Q 740 @ 1.74 GHz (Around 2.8 GHz overclocked)

6.0 GB Ram

ATI Radeon HD 5870

I run Bad Company 2, Starcraft 2, WoW, on the highest settings without lag. I don't know why it seems to freeze. I also deleted all minecraft folders in the AppData directory to see if that would make a difference. I also set Priority on High, used game booster premium, used all my CPUs to run the game but nothing works. I cannot get it to stop freezing every few seconds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Zakb009

Zakb009 Uni pride yo! Retired

Lower the settings. Minecraft doesn't need to be maxed. And it could sort your problem.

3. XoX

XoX Contributor

That's what he did.
    He didn't use the max setting, he set them to allow max FPS.

4. Canadian Bacon

Canadian Bacon Contributor

Minecraft does this to me all the time, Minecraft just doesn't have any optimization. Maybe try updating your Java, or get 1.7 (Java 1.7)?

5. Zakb009

Max fps isn't a lower setting, Power saver is, and it is all that is generally needed.

6. Se7enSucks

Se7enSucks Enthusiast

Try downloading the HD Texture patcher and in the tab that says how much memory to allow it, put it to 2048 or higher if you'd like

7. XoX

XoX Contributor

How would the option Max FPS give you less FPS?

8. Zakb009

Way to throw my words out of context, I never said it would decrease your framerate, but it isn't needed. The human eye can only see 60 frames per second. Power saver is less of a cpu whore.

9. Unlovable Panda

Unlovable Panda A zonkey

Tried it but it did not work, thanks though.

Yea I switched it to powersaver and it still did not fix the problem but thanks for the help.

10. Nuclear Taco

Nuclear Taco I Leik Minecraft

Install optifine, it fixes the 1.7.3 lagspike of death.

http://www.google.com/m/url?client=safari&ei=edBGTqjsHYmbsQeNz7-6Aw&hl=en&oe=UTF-8&q=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-173-optifine-hd-f-fps-boost/&ved=0CBQQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNGqNc59ef6ntLwBWI_e2Eo2D2rasQ

Fail link is fail

1 person likes this.
  11. XoX

XoX Contributor

I see. Sorry. You made it sound like the option Max FPS was not meant to make it run more smoothly.

HOLY ****ing s*** MOTHERf***ING JESUS SON OF A b**** GOD DAMNIT MY GAME DOESN'T HAVE LAGSPIKES ANYMORE!!!!

I LOVE YOU!

Hey, I have a Q720 @ 1.6 GHz , could you maybe help me overclock it? :o

12. parza

parza Enthusiast

i have the same problems as you, and my computer is built strong enough to run this game smoothly. fml -__-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.