What's new

Minecraft’s New EULA (You can not charge for in game advantages)

• Thread starter High School
  • Start date
  • Views 4,512
ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Mojang made the right move. Pay to Win just ruins the fun.

Ok tell that to the owners that are going to lose there servers

Art

Art

the guy who designs stuff
VIP
Retired
Artist A Milli Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
The only way for Mojang to effectively find out when people are doing this is to group with Buycraft/and or any other donation plugin to monitor when ranks are being purchased and what advantages they gain when buying them.

Itachi_Uchiha

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Mythical Veteran Forum Addict Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They really can't enforce it. They don't have enough staff to even begin to. They'll threaten legal action against the larger servers, disallow access to their authentication to some medium sized servers, and hope the they'll scare the rest into complying. There's far too many servers popping up constantly for them to comb through them all and force them to comply.
Will most likely be a player report system, so a player who is being dominated by some donator who has un-obtainable gear such as Diamond sword with sharpness X can report the server for disobeying the EULA.
Ok tell that to the owners that are going to lose there servers
I've read just about all your posts and you are wrong. Having some OP Unobtainable items in-game is not only unfair but cheating. Oh I payed for op gear!! No you "donated" there is a difference when it comes to these servers. And most owners will probably lose their servers not because of donation loss but because of choice. The owners won't be making pocket money on their server anymore so they will probably close their server. Some major servers will definitely stay up because a majority of people donate anyways the items are just perks.

ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Will most likely be a player report system, so a player who is being dominated by some donator who has un-obtainable gear such as Diamond sword with sharpness X can report the server for disobeying the EULA.

I've read just about all your posts and you are wrong. Having some OP Unobtainable items in-game is not only unfair but cheating. Oh I payed for op gear!! No you "donated" there is a difference when it comes to these servers. And most owners will probably lose their servers not because of donation loss but because of choice. The owners won't be making pocket money on their server anymore so they will probably close their server. Some major servers will definitely stay up because a majority of people donate anyways the items are just perks.

Lol Please Tell me how its cheating? and no you have to PAY for servers most servers put donations to help PAY for the server that you play on.

Itachi_Uchiha

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol Please Tell me how its cheating? and no you have to PAY for servers most servers put donations to help PAY for the server that you play on.
so a player who is being dominated by some donator who has un-obtainable gear such as Diamond sword with sharpness X can report the server for disobeying the EULA.
Cheating

And obviously you have to pay for your server, I'm not an idiot and it doesn't seem you even read my post. Some servers who are getting constant donations get more than enough money for their server, so what do they do with that extra money? Spend it on themselves.

ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cheating

And obviously you have to pay for your server, I'm not an idiot and it doesn't seem you even read my post. Some servers who are getting constant donations get more than enough money for their server, so what do they do with that extra money? Spend it on themselves.

why would you get a rank just for the looks no op kits yay Bs

Itachi_Uchiha

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Sin$
why would you get a rank just for the looks no op kits yay Bs
You could still get kits and what not, your just ignorant to the fact of what you could give without giving items that would greatly increase your ability over others.

ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You could still get kits and what not, your just ignorant to the fact of what you could give without giving items that would greatly increase your ability over others.

Theese kits have op items the prot 4 the shatp 5 the god appels The streghnth 2 pots

High School

High School

idek
Programmer 10th Anniversary Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
I honestly hate OP PVP servers where people have max enchanted diamond armor and tons of golden apples ect.

Itachi_Uchiha

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Sin$
Theese kits have op items the prot 4 the shatp 5 the god appels The streghnth 2 pots
Yeah any player can obtain a prot 4 item and or a sharpness 5 items. But when you go up against someone with prot 10 and sharpness 9 it's just unfair. When i say op i don't mean regular items i mean literally op items.

High School

High School

idek
Reaction score
Sin$
The only way for Mojang to effectively find out when people are doing this is to group with Buycraft/and or any other donation plugin to monitor when ranks are being purchased and what advantages they gain when buying them.
BuyCraft will probably go out of business now.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
BuyCraft will probably go out of business now.
They won't go out of business. There are plenty of other things that players can get instead of in game items that aren't pay to win. Like materials or a different colored name or prefix

Itachi_Uchiha

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Sin$
They won't go out of business. There are plenty of other things that players can get instead of in game items that aren't pay to win. Like materials or a different colored name or prefix
People don't seem to understand that minecraft wasn't built to withstand 500+ players on a single server. if these 1k+ servers do go down that's because they are going overboard and forcing themselves to pay ridiculous amounts for hosting.

If the EULA is even enforced a lot of servers will probably stay around because a lot of people will still donate regardless. Did the EULA say anything against commands? such as /setwarp or /tp?

High School

High School

idek
Reaction score
Sin$
People don't seem to understand that minecraft wasn't built to withstand 500+ players on a single server. if these 1k+ servers do go down that's because they are going overboard and forcing themselves to pay ridiculous amounts for hosting.

If the EULA is even enforced a lot of servers will probably stay around because a lot of people will still donate regardless. Did the EULA say anything against commands? such as /setwarp or /tp?
/tp gives an advantage so probably not allowed.

ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah any player can obtain a prot 4 item and or a sharpness 5 items. But when you go up against someone with prot 10 and sharpness 9 it's just unfair. When i say op i don't mean regular items i mean literally op items.

Ok before any of you post again watch the video I put on here (not mine) like holy **** A server a month with ddos protection is 500$ A MONTH so therefore all of your Big servers will collapse we need those huge donations. We aren't keeping the servers running by buying hats and pets. and theres something called "Op Factions" don't play it if your going to get but hurt about it.

ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Nope like I said a server with 100 ppl is about 500$ with ddos protection a month people aren't getting those buy buying stupid hats, pets, ect we need the ranks that are 100-200$ Reason of that because take archon they allow 4,500 players per 100+ 500$ with ddos protection 45x500= 22,500$ per month now are you gonna get that by getting hats for like 5$ or pets for 1$? NO. also the ppl that survive off of the servers that get extra money there gonan collapse and now they need to get a real job and worry about how the hell there gonna eat for the next few days or weeks. Mojang are only thinking about themselves because there getting calls from moms wondering why there kids charged **** for 20$. also a server owner charges 10k for a rank now I agree that's way way way too expenisive that's mojangs part of this. also youtube how are youtubers like Skydoesminecraft, Deadlox, ect going to make videos because they only upload mini games and the big servers such as, Hive, Archon, Mineplex there GONE. big servers by by. yes getting merked by op ppl is annoying but it helps the server stay live. 
They can still be used for ranks with cosmetic items.

Cosmeitcs like pets and hats aren't keeping servers alive Buycraft will go too 

Setwarps area advantage over others and buying tp Is a advantage over others

Itachi_Uchiha

Itachi_Uchiha

Proud Otaku
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok before any of you post again watch the video I put on here (not mine) like holy **** A server a month with ddos protection is 500$ A MONTH so therefore all of your Big servers will collapse we need those huge donations. We aren't keeping the servers running by buying hats and pets. and theres something called "Op Factions" don't play it if your going to get but hurt about it.
If you are paying 500 dollars a month you seriously are being ripped off dude. You have no clue what you're talking about, that guy in the video is a clueless idiot.

ozzyosbourne2002

ozzyosbourne2002

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are paying 500 dollars a month you seriously are being ripped off dude. You have no clue what you're talking about, that guy in the video is a clueless idiot.

do you own a server? and could it also be that your just not good a factions or minecraft in general and you want all the op players gone?

Top Bottom
Login
Register