1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Microsoft Dashboard Details for Softmodding! How to update your MS Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox Tutorials' started by AzzidReign, Mar 3, 2006 with 59 replies and 72,106 views.

1. AzzidReign

AzzidReign The suspense is killing me! Administrator

MS Dash Info

To make your job easier the Softmod Installer, it is recommended that you use the latest version of Xbox Dashboard which is available (1.00.5960.01). This is how you would check your Xbox’s Dashboard version.

1) Click on the Settings button on your Xbox Dash, press A.
    [​IMG]

2) Scroll down to the System Info at the bottom of the next menu, press A.
    [​IMG]

The System Info screen will give you all the information you need to know about your Xbox console including your kernel version and dashboard version.

3) In the system info it will display your Dashboard versions This is a screenshot of something similar to what you will want to see.
    [​IMG]

The section highlighted in red shows you what your Dashboard version is. If the Xbox is not showing this version, then you will need to update it.

How to Update your Dash
    1. Find a game, anything from Halo 2 until now, and put it in.
    2. Make sure your Xbox is not linked to your network (remove your network cable from the back of the Xbox if you have one)
    3. When the main menu loads, scroll down to XBOX LIVE, click it.
    4. This will take you to your MS dash and update it for you.

Written by Nknave for the SID 4.0 Manual and modifed by AzzidReign

1 person likes this.
  2. Kickenwing

Kickenwing VIP VIP

looks like you have a good capture card azzid.

3. AzzidReign

haha nope. I stole the pics from somewhere :tongue:

4. bkippers

bkippers Enthusiast

ha ha, good job! azzid

5. kraven12

kraven12 Newbie

how do i get my microsoft dashboard back

6. Psychosis

Psychosis Newbie

Did you not do a back-up on the MS dashboard? In my modded dashboard it says "MS dashboard" ... Click that and it should load it up.

7. IOM Terminus

IOM Terminus Enthusiast

Yeah nice tut..

8. CommonSenseless

CommonSenseless Enthusiast

If you didn't back up your MS Dash theres another post in the repairs section where you can download a universal MS Dash, I would highly recommend taking off your softmod and loading the MS Dash and the installing the Sid4 softmod, It's the best one I've found, and like many others, it has an MS Dash shortcut in the main menu.

9. demonikz19

demonikz19 Newbie

very easy tut.....im so lucky that i softmodded b4 **** was so complicated with the dashes and all that...good times

10. Lone Wolf Kai

Lone Wolf Kai Newbie

yea i have that sid4 thing in my xbox and it has the shortcut but i press it and it wont let me get to it so what do i do there

11. mastergi

mastergi Newbie

um my xbox doesnt say any number

12. pyro6974

pyro6974 Newbie

very nice tut helped me alot

13. ChessMan036

ChessMan036 Newbie

if it doesn't have any numbers you have a really really old mS Dash. like ancient. get a game, like halo 2 or get the halo 2 map pack and update your ****

14. Kumbey

Kumbey Newbie

I AM STUCK!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

I am stuck at the part where you double click the file and extract it... Please help me!
    I tried double clicking and it says windows cannot open this file- someone please reply :frown:

15. diabloboy

diabloboy Enthusiast

what will this tut do to my msdash if i try it

16. AzzidReign

It will update it to the most current version so you can softmod your Xbox...if thats what you wanted to do.

17. diabloboy

diabloboy Enthusiast

o i thought it was for something else lol well i already have my xbox modded

18. Krazysk8er76

Krazysk8er76 Newbie

should it have the se7ensins lable all over the screen b/c i tried the halo 2 thing and its not working if i am sopposed to have that lable everywhere, also i cant see any numbers and i have all the halo2maps

19. Onslaught3D

Onslaught3D Newbie

Hi. I have tried to update my XBOX dash as it is currently showing no version number, I inserted Halo 2 & once loaded went to XBOX Live, it then downloaded I something and then rebooted, I checked the system info and the D: 1.00.5960.01 was still not present. Can anyone advise if there is a specific game version which is needed here or another way to update this?

I am planning on using the Krayzie way of softmodding the XBox but currently awaiting a memory card, maybe this can be done without updating to the newest dashboard release?

20. AzzidReign

No...you'll need the newest dash. What game did you use? I recommend Halo 2 or anything newer...if you used an older game, then that might be the reason. Also, when you get to that screen to check your version number, you'll have to wait for it to scroll down...should take like 15 seconds or so. Then there will be 2 sets of version numbers there...I'm sure if you used Halo 2, you're set to go. If you didn't update it, then Krayzie's installer won't let you backup the ms dash.