What's new

Tutorial Method to selectively activate a double command/dvar button bind (USB/GPD Mods)

• Thread starter JoonSoo
  • Start date
  • Views 3,718
JoonSoo

JoonSoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With this method you can activate two commands/dvars SEPARATELY from the press of one button bind. This only works when you have a command/dvar binded to a button that's binded to another button.

Example code:
Code:
bind BUTTON_START "+;bind BUTTON_A god;"
bind2 BUTTON_START "bind BUTTON_A demigod;"
Basically the + command is the key to this, it allows you to select which button bind you want to activate. If you want activate/deactivate the button bind with demigod, you must HOLD the start button first instead of pressing it!

I'd also like to note that this method works best when you're host.

This should allow usb modders more freedom when it comes to button binds. :smile:

Last edited:
X

Xboxreapers

Reaction score
Sin$
Quick question how do I do it like what do I need to download and stuff like that?

DeathRGH

DeathRGH

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sin$
With this method you can activate two commands/dvars SEPARATELY from the press of one button bind. This only works when you have a command/dvar binded to a button that's binded to another button.

Example code:
Code:
bind BUTTON_START "+;bind BUTTON_A god;"
bind2 BUTTON_START "bind BUTTON_A demigod;"
Basically the + command is the key to this, it allows you to select which button bind you want to activate. If you want activate/deactivate the button bind with demigod, you must HOLD the start button first instead of pressing it!

I'd also like to note that this method works best when you're host.

This should allow usb modders more freedom when it comes to button binds. :smile:
can you explain why it does add random numbers when i bind a say command...?

Code:
bind BUTTON_START "+;bind BUTTON_A say ^2test"
bind2 BUTTON_START "bind BUTTON_A say ^1abc"

https://i.gyazo.com/a636911c653e00a11afe390138729522.jpg

Caboose

Caboose

☣ CabooseSayzWTF ☣
Premium
Hidden Devils
Modder Frame In Gold Pumpking
Reaction score
Sin$
So if you say this is 'old' then what is in your eyes more advance?? can you give us (modding community) an example.
Sorry for the bump, but he's right it is old, it wasn't commonly known at the time to use +; and -; to have extended binds/pages to gpd/usb menus and cfg menus via holding the button down, but anybody in the (Valve/source modding community knew this) considering binds work the same on alot of games. Another way of having actual bind pages (like 5 menus in one bind setting) is using alias with the + and - function., however I don't remember if black ops 1 used alias at all, however waw did.

a example of this is here

bind down +menu1;

alias "sp" "god"
alias "cp" say hi"
alias "dmv" "say hi"
alias "bye" "say hi"
alias "sd" "say hi"
alias "sa" "say hi"
alias "-menu1" "restore"

alias "+menu1" "bind A_BUTTON sp; bind B_BUTTON cp; bind X_BUTTON dmv; bind Y_BUTTON ferris; bind L_SHOULDER bye; bindtoggle R_TRIGGER placeholder; bind STICK2 sd; bind START placeholder; bind BACK sa; bind L_TRIGGER placeholder; bind LEFT placeholder; bind DOWN placeholder; bind RIGHT -menu1"

alias "restore" "bind A_BUTTON +jump;+menuAccept; bind B_BUTTON +reload; bind X_BUTTON +use; bind Y_BUTTON lastinv; bind L_SHOULDER +duck; bind R_SHOULDER +infe; bind BACK togglescores; bind START gameui_activate; bind STICK1 +third; bind STICK2 +zoom; bind UP +surv; bind RIGHT slot4; bind DOWN slot5; bind LEFT slot3; bind S1_DOWN +menuDown; bind S1_UP +menuUp; bind L_TRIGGER +attack2; bind R_TRIGGER +attack"

this was just a example, don't mind the restore function binds as they are from a diff game, but just a example.

Top Bottom
Login
Register