What's new

Solved Luminate and xBeaRz Android Rooting Support Thread!

• Thread starter Luminate
  • Start date
  • Views 8,551
D

dylanf23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im talking to him right now? Helping him get rom manager installed and then hes going onto xda right now

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you so much for this! Ok so I got my sexy Android (Galaxy S) like 2 weeks ago and I heard about rooting it but I have no idea what it does, can you explain the pros & cons of rooting your Android device?
im pretty sure this has been answered but rooting is like gaining administrator access on windows

when you root you open up your phone for loads of modifications(IE skins, cpu clock speed AKA overclock, cpu voltage modifications AKA undervolting, ect)

Pros: you can do what i stated above, you can add features to your phone, and you can install the latest version of android on your phone(if its available)

Cons: 1) YOU VOID WARRANTY, if your one of the nontechy people than DONT root your phone, you dont need it and i know there are threads on the internet and maybe on here that will show you how to get your phone back to stock so you can do a warranty exchange but DONT do it, sure you can get a new phone but if you break your phone you HAVE to take responsibility for your actions and fork out for a new phone(or make sure you have insurance)
2) YOU CAN BREAK YOUR PHONE, there are cool features and modifications you can do while rooted that will break your phone, some examples would be overclocking your phone, undervolting your phone(making it use less battery) and flashing a new system ROM(this can break your NAND flash making your phone useless)

i know it seems like the cons overwhelm the pros(which they do) but in reality everything has a risk and whether you root or not is your decision, i just suggest that if you do break your phone you take responsibility and NOT try to get a warranty repair on something you dont have warranty on, if you dont i can see manufactures locking down their phones to the point of the droid x or moto atrix(HTC is already doing it with their new phones this year) and personally i dont want my android to be locked like an iphone

I have a Droid X. How would I root it and what can I do once it is rooted? Its current version is 2.3.340 I believe.
i have a droid x as well and if you were to root(i can walk you through the process) you can install the newest android build that was pushed out by motorola about a week or 2 ago but than pulled because it was a test build released on accident(not sure if you got it, i know i did)

plus i can also help you fix your phone if you were to soft brick your phone(seeing as it is also really easy to brick the droid x)

Bears

Bears

Contributor
Forum Addict Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
im pretty sure this has been answered but rooting is like gaining administrator access on windows

when you root you open up your phone for loads of modifications(IE skins, cpu clock speed AKA overclock, cpu voltage modifications AKA undervolting, ect)

Pros: you can do what i stated above, you can add features to your phone, and you can install the latest version of android on your phone(if its available)

Cons: 1) YOU VOID WARRANTY, if your one of the nontechy people than DONT root your phone, you dont need it and i know there are threads on the internet and maybe on here that will show you how to get your phone back to stock so you can do a warranty exchange but DONT do it, sure you can get a new phone but if you break your phone you HAVE to take responsibility for your actions and fork out for a new phone(or make sure you have insurance)
2) YOU CAN BREAK YOUR PHONE, there are cool features and modifications you can do while rooted that will break your phone, some examples would be overclocking your phone, undervolting your phone(making it use less battery) and flashing a new system ROM(this can break your NAND flash making your phone useless)

i know it seems like the cons overwhelm the pros(which they do) but in reality everything has a risk and whether you root or not is your decision, i just suggest that if you do break your phone you take responsibility and NOT try to get a warranty repair on something you dont have warranty on, if you dont i can see manufactures locking down their phones to the point of the droid x or moto atrix(HTC is already doing it with their new phones this year) and personally i dont want my android to be locked like an iphone

i have a droid x as well and if you were to root(i can walk you through the process) you can install the newest android build that was pushed out by motorola about a week or 2 ago but than pulled because it was a test build released on accident(not sure if you got it, i know i did)

plus i can also help you fix your phone if you were to soft brick your phone(seeing as it is also really easy to brick the droid x)
Thank you for this post! :smile:

Bears

Bears

Contributor
Forum Addict Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm on Aim right now if anyone has any questions you can add me : Bearz7s

O

oGcGUCCIMANE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
anyone mind PM'ing me easiest way to root epic 4g? please and thanks.

S

Stacy Keibler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im trying to install a rom through rom manager and my phone is stuck on the reboot

EDIT: it says the beta of this launcher has expired and wont let me go to the home screen

S

Stacy Keibler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sometimes it can take a while to reboot, also what kind of phone do you have and how long has it been rebooting for?

my camera wont take pictures and i cant go to my gallery for some reason.
i have a motorola cliq

dEku

dEku

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I need to have a service provider to root my phone? Because I don't, my phone got shut off not too long ago or whatever you want to call it.

C

ColdEmbrace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do I need to have a service provider to root my phone? Because I don't, my phone got shut off not too long ago or whatever you want to call it.

You shouldn't need one as long as your phone is usable you should be able too root it.

dEku

dEku

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
You shouldn't need one as long as your phone is usable you should be able too root it.

Figured it out but then when I tried to install a ROM, I bricked my phone so I'm having my friend figure some stuff out. The ROM "installed correctly" but when it went to reboot, it went to a black screen and stayed there. D:

George Bush

George Bush

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I recently got a Samsung Epic 4G and had a couple questions about rooting:
1. If I root it, I know it voids the warranty (which I'm not too worried about), but will it void my insurance (it's on Sprint; I think it's called Total Equipment Protection or something)
2. What is the best ROM?
3. Does the phone become unstable when overclocked? (I also have some other questions about overclocking)
4. What are some good apps to use once your phone is rooted?
Thanks for any help. My AIM is GeorgeBushx7S

C

ColdEmbrace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Figured it out but then when I tried to install a ROM, I bricked my phone so I'm having my friend figure some stuff out. The ROM "installed correctly" but when it went to reboot, it went to a black screen and stayed there. D:

Seems to me that you might have installed an incorrect rom for your phone

XKLUTCHIN OUTX

XKLUTCHIN OUTX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a HTC Incredible, and looking through videos I see that some people say you sould take out the SD card and you should'nt. What should I do? And, if I use unrevolcked(wrong name I know) do I use there custom ROM or can I still install any other ROM. Thanks, if I get help i'll +rep. :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register