What's new

Solved Looking for a solid 1070 build (Europe)

Senex

Senex

✅ Obsession Engaged
Programmer Bug Finder TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey all!

I'm looking for a solid, reliable 1070 build. I live in the Netherlands though so getting parts is a little troubling. In most cases I am able to use Amazon DE to order, but in others I might not be able to. Now, I'm willing to search for the part myself (wouldn't want you guys to do all work for me), but I am looking for a price range on specific components.

Here's what I would like;
- A 1070 or similar is a must (heard that the 1070 is an absolute beast for its price while being relatively cheap), over-budgeting is fine if absolutely necessary, looking what to expect mostly.
- RAM should be 16 GB if possible, due to work stuff. 8 GB is acceptable.
- SDD is not necessary, a good 1 TB HDD or SHDD suits me fine (WD Blue for example).

The budget is around €1,000, if that is at all possible. Should it not be possible to get that price range without serious compensation, please aim for as close to €1,000 as possible.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
GTX 1070 isn't a good choice for your budget.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/GDDQVY
Get a 1TB HDD instead of the 2TB if you want. XFire support so you can add a 2nd 480 at any point if you want/need. €250 should be enough for a nice 480, go for an 8GB variant if possible, they release tomorrow. GTX 1070 is a €500 card so you'll need another €200 at least to fit a GTX 1070 in.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just as a matter of interest, why do you suggest that instead? I've heard a lot of complaints about Asus' LGA1151 socket motherboards and a lot of praise on MSI's. I used similarly priced MSI and Asus Z97 boards and both were great.
I see many complaints on Asus motherboards fo all generations but that is because they are the most popular. I find Gigabyte has the best build quality but Asus is not far behind and MSI is a little behind but the big 3 are all nice.

Of the 2 in question specifically the Asus I linked has stronger VRM phases as well you can tell by the 7 chokes vs 6 chokes. VRM's are not everything but on the main 3 companies. Without trying to find better pictures under the little vrm cover I would assume the Asus just has 1 more phase with everything else similar.

Top Bottom
Login
Register