What's new

Solved Just bought 2 PHAT Xbox's for 70$ but...

Homework

Homework

CFW 9.99
Grizzled Veteran Donator Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I just bought 2 xbox's for 70$. One modded and one jtagged. The problem is they both have RROD. RROD is easy to get rid of though, isn't it?

I mean, I got told to use thermal paste for the CPU's and the heatsinks.

Look here:

000_000

000_000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is easy to get rid of, but you havent done anything like that before you might the disassembly and reassembly a bit hard.Also if you have got RROD on a x360 once, your probably going to need to some kind of cooling mod to make sure it doesnt happen again.

Homework

Homework

CFW 9.99
Grizzled Veteran Donator Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
It is easy to get rid of, but you havent done anything like that before you might the disassembly and reassembly a bit hard.Also if you have got RROD on a x360 once, your probably going to need to some kind of cooling mod to make sure it doesnt happen again.
Thanks for the heads up man!
Do you have Skype or something in case I need you?

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I just bought 2 xbox's for 70$. One modded and one jtagged. The problem is they both have RROD. RROD is easy to get rid of though, isn't it?

I mean, I got told to use thermal paste for the CPU's and the heatsinks.

Look here:

A true rrod fix can not be completed by an amateur. Especially as I see you posted another topic on why a PSU won't work on your xbox. If you want to keep this console for awhile get a professional reball.

It definitely takes some practice to reball or even reflow properly.

Best I see you doing is trying to reflow your board, maybe getting it to work but only for a little while, then it will break again.

000_000

000_000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A true rrod fix can not be completed by an amateur. Especially as I see you posted another topic on why a PSU won't work on your xbox. If you want to keep this console for awhile get a professional reball.

It definitely takes some practice to reball or even reflow properly.

Best I see you doing is trying to reflow your board, maybe getting it to work but only for a little while, then it will break again.
Just because he doesn't know the most about xboxes doesn't mean nothing about skill in that area.Reballing isn't xbox only you know...

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Just because he doesn't know the most about xboxes doesn't mean nothing about skill in that area.Reballing isn't xbox only you know...
If someone has the skills and knowledge to reball a cpu/gpu... They would not be asking these questions.

Also, A RROD is not "easy" to get rid of. There can be a ton of reasons for RROD not just cpu/gpu errors, so saying putting thermal paste on them will fix it is a load of bulls***.

Like I said if he wants his console to last -- Give it to a pro let him reball it.

He wants to see what he can do, there is a lot he can mess up heating his board trying to do his own reflow.

000_000

000_000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If someone has the skills and knowledge to reball a cpu/gpu... They would not be asking these questions.

Also, A RROD is not "easy" to get rid of. There can be a ton of reasons for RROD not just cpu/gpu errors, so saying putting thermal paste on them will fix it is a load of bulls***.

Like I said if he wants his console to last -- Give it to a pro let him reball it.

He wants to see what he can do, there is a lot he can mess up heating his board trying to do his own reflow.
It's funny because I did my first RROD fix when I was 10 and It's been going strong for 4 years.

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It's funny because I did my first RROD fix when I was 10 and It's been going strong for 4 years.
Ignorant people like you are a waste of my time, If you can't reply to my whole post just some smart *** remark don't bother replying at all. Everyone is a "pro" on the interwebs with there consoles lasting 10X years with their fixes.

Please don't quote me again, I don't need to be brought into a childish fight, we both said what we think is the best route now leave it at that.

OP- hopefully you get this fixed.

Top Bottom
Login
Register