Tutorial [JTAG/RGH/R-JTAG] Xbox 360 Ultimate Exploit Guide

• Thread starter oblivioncth
  • Start date
  • Views 1,413,930
A

Athesh

Reaction score
Sin$
I am have falcon with 13599. I want to be able to play games on an external HD which method do I need to use? And do I need to upgrade? Thanks so much great tutorial.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Some to read the NAND(JR-Programmer) and a CR Rev C for and RGH1 install. You won't be disappointed.

A

Athesh

Reaction score
Sin$
Some to read the NAND(JR-Programmer) and a CR Rev C for and RGH1 install. You won't be disappointed.
Will this method work on Xbox live? I am also an amazon lover and trying to find what I need on there. Any way you might be able to point me in the right direction? Also can I use the lpt method for reading the NAND? Thanks for your help
I noticed it said for live you had to use r-jtag is this till true? Sorry for the noob questions I am a technican but, am new to exploits.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Will this method work on Xbox live? I am also an amazon lover and trying to find what I need on there. Any way you might be able to point me in the right direction? Also can I use the lpt method for reading the NAND? Thanks for your help
I noticed it said for live you had to use r-jtag is this till true? Sorry for the noob questions I am a technican but, am new to exploits.
You won't be able to use live at all unless you buy XBLSE. You will be console banned. You can use LPT but I highly recomend against it, for your time ans sanity. And it's gonna be hard to find it on amazon. If you do it will be knock off's.

Me0wTwo

Me0wTwo

Facing Destiny.
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, just to clear confusion I have.. I like this guide, it's full of information for everyone, I was on the Jtag scene almost 18 months ago now, and at the time my old PHAT was too updated to be exploited. Since I have gotten the slim then xbox 1 so I use slim rarely and the PHAT not at all, so I come on to see omg, i'm still on dash 16203. Now my box is a Zephyr which in fact have been known to cause issues.. For someone knowledgeable finally my question, a couple links in OP are lead to "item doesn't exist" and I seen on the Xecuter forums for PHATS the v1.1 is a better option..
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17928&cat=294&page=2
Is this the new one or old, I believe old because of R-Jtag v1.0 but why kit FW v1.1?
Next is I plan on buying ultimate kit, my Zephyr with dash 16203 would work with this product and/or is there a better option for me? I do want to upgrade to jtag a slim model, but while I have this old brick that still runs pretty good I may as well try.. What are thoughts in this? If I may have some others input.

JeEnYuS

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, just to clear confusion I have.. I like this guide, it's full of information for everyone, I was on the Jtag scene almost 18 months ago now, and at the time my old PHAT was too updated to be exploited. Since I have gotten the slim then xbox 1 so I use slim rarely and the PHAT not at all, so I come on to see omg, i'm still on dash 16203. Now my box is a Zephyr which in fact have been known to cause issues.. For someone knowledgeable finally my question, a couple links in OP are lead to "item doesn't exist" and I seen on the Xecuter forums for PHATS the v1.1 is a better option..
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17928&cat=294&page=2
Is this the new one or old, I believe old because of R-Jtag v1.0 but why kit FW v1.1?
Next is I plan on buying ultimate kit, my Zephyr with dash 16203 would work with this product and/or is there a better option for me? I do want to upgrade to jtag a slim model, but while I have this old brick that still runs pretty good I may as well try.. What are thoughts in this? If I may have some others input.

R-JTAG is pretty much the best and only option for post 14699 zephyr.
The only problem is that there is a high chance you might have to reball the gpu in order to make the r-jtag work on your zephyr.
On the zephyrs I did I would say that 75% of them needed a gpu reball and some also required a cpu reflow even though those units were running just fine in retail state.

R-JTAG v1.0 = current hardware revision
FW v1.1 = current/newest firmware version

Me0wTwo

Me0wTwo

Facing Destiny.
Reaction score
Sin$
R-JTAG is pretty much the best and only option for post 14699 zephyr.
The only problem is that there is a high chance you might have to reball the gpu in order to make the r-jtag work on your zephyr.
On the zephyrs I did I would say that 75% of them needed a gpu reball and some also required a cpu reflow even though those units were running just fine in retail state.

R-JTAG v1.0 = current hardware revision
FW v1.1 = current/newest firmware version

Thank you for clearing this up, as you said about a GPU reball and CPU reflow, I did briefly skim over this on the Xecuter forum about Zephyr problems, and thanks for cleaing up the hardware and firmware confusion I had! So I do believe I will do this very soon, 2-5 business days :x3: is there somewhere I can do some research on how to go about doing a GPU reball and CPU reflow, I don't know about these, or if you could share some of your experience to get me started.

EDIT: if there is a nice guide on this reball or reflow somewhere that is a nice guide like this one is.

JeEnYuS

JeEnYuS

Gee! and why us?
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for clearing this up, as you said about a GPU reball and CPU reflow, I did briefly skim over this on the Xecuter forum about Zephyr problems, and thanks for cleaing up the hardware and firmware confusion I had! So I do believe I will do this very soon, 2-5 business days :x3: is there somewhere I can do some research on how to go about doing a GPU reball and CPU reflow, I don't know about these, or if you could share some of your experience to get me started.

EDIT: if there is a nice guide on this reball or reflow somewhere that is a nice guide like this one is.

A

Athesh

Reaction score
Sin$
You won't be able to use live at all unless you buy XBLSE. You will be console banned. You can use LPT but I highly recomend against it, for your time ans sanity. And it's gonna be hard to find it on amazon. If you do it will be knock off's.
I checked and I am on jasper 13599. Is cr rev c the best option for buring my games on an external hd? And you mentioned XBLSE. I saw the pricing and I'm trying to understand how it works it goes from 20 dollars to 200 for 30 days? And I wont need any other hardware? cR needs a certain dash and xblse needs a different dash. Which one should I use? I apologize for all the questions. I want to make sure I understand everything before I start.

P.s. this is the one I saw on amazon is it what your talking About?

B

BGORDON81

Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I have read the entire guide a couple times now and I just wanted to make sure I am purchasing all the parts needed and correct ones at that!

I have a Corona 4gb v4 and I'm planning on using the NAND method and opting for the RGH.
These are the main parts that I believe I need, if you know that I need anything else or if I have listed a wrong part please let me know!

http://www.ozmodchips.com/corona-4gb-nand-reader-from-team-x-p-445.html
http://www.ozmodchips.com/slim-proto-2-p-516.html
http://www.ozmodchips.com/jr2-jr2-programmer-nand-reader-from-team-xecuter-p-474.html
http://www.ozmodchips.com/xecuter-corona-postfix-adapter-v2-p-463.html

SuchDoge

SuchDoge

#DogeIsLove
Reaction score
Sin$
Just used this guide and made myself a DemoN Dual Nand console. Pretty sweet. I will buy 3 days of stealth to host soon guys!

K

Kenny G

Reaction score
Sin$
Quick question!
I have a Corona V2 (4GB slim), with dash 16547 I would like to mod.
For the RGH I'm looking at "Xecuter CoolRunner Rev C Mega Bundle #1"
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17958 (Will this be OK?)
Also to perform the NAND Dump,
Will this be sufficient? It's "Xecuter CORONA QSB v3 for JR programmer, NANDX and CR"
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17844&cat=294&page=1

I believe this is everything I need. I would like to order everything at once, but can anyone think of something I might be forgetting that I need? (I have all tools required)

Also in terms of the Nand dump, I also saw this
http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Xecuter-Corona-4GB-NAND-RW-Kit-USA-CANADA.html
Would this RW kit be a better option over the Xecuter V3 programmer?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

lotec666

lotec666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
quick question. where can i buy an rgh? i dont trust myself with soldering and would rather buy one from a reputable dealer.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
quick question. where can i buy an rgh? i dont trust myself with soldering and would rather buy one from a reputable dealer.
I have some. What are you looking for?

KI Devan

KI Devan

Reaction score
Sin$
I do have one problem, I was really going to do this to my Xbox, I was going to buy all of the parts and tools required next week. I have a Trinity and was going to use the RGH2 Method...

This is the part after you dump the NAND

What you need now:
  • Coolrunner: There are basically two ways to go with the. A CR3 Lite or a Coolrunner Rev C with its addons. The CR3 Lite is essentially the rev C and its addons so it is a lot easier to use but there are 2 problems with it. First, it doesn't work as well as the rev C on Trinitys, and second TX has stopped making them so they are hard to get. Basically if you can get a CR3 Lite and don't have a Trinity get it. Otherwise if you have a Trinity or cannot find a CR3 Lite then get a Coolrunner Rev C.
CR3 Lite - http://www.xconsoles.com/products/tx-cr3-lite.html
Coolrunner Rev C - http://www.xconsoles.com/products/cr-rev-c-mega-bundle-1.html orhttp://www.modchipcentral.com/store/product.php?productid=17959"

Both links are broken. I'm looking for the Coolrunner Rev C and I'd rather have someone who knows exactly what they are looking for find a valid link. I would appreciate it if you could update this.

But amazing work on this thread... I can see a lot of effort and time put into it.

Thanks man.

Criptek Shinobi

Criptek Shinobi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Can someone help me out?
Im not sure on what to get, a JTAG or RGH. All I want is something thats going to allow me to mod COD, GTA, Sever Sided Games, etc but my price range is maxed out no more than £75.
I've heard about Jasper JTAG's and I no there good but there kind of expensive, I'm not a computer wizz so taking apart my xbox is a sticky situation if you know what I mean. I would much rather buy an xbox where I can go online and mod.
So far I've seen a jail broken PS3 with a different dashboard (non PlayStation dashboard) and I wouldn't mind this for my xbox. Help me out please. If you could leave links on were to buy an already JTAGed or RGHed console from a trusted seller, leave us a link. Thanks in advance.

Joker4eva

Joker4eva

Reaction score
Sin$
Wicked gonna see how many times i can F up my trinity befor i can RGH it now thanks hopefully it will all go to plan now i found this deacent tutorial to follow :smile: 
Wicked gonna see how many times i can F up my trinity befor i can RGH it now thanks hopefully it will all go to plan now i found this deacent tutorial to follow :smile:
I am right in thinking that i need to RGH if i have a trinity? And im a but vonfused about the qsb's (think thats what they called ) is it that i dont need one but makes connectivity easier in the long run ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register