1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

JTAG only has network connection with Xellous not on Freeboot image 13599

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by xR3AP5, Nov 14, 2011 with 30 replies and 11,540 views.

1. xR3AP5

xR3AP5 Enthusiast

I have a Flacon Jtag flashed with 13599 freeboot image and all works except the network connection. Using Freestyle Dash to download cover art. I can boot Xellous and use Firefox and connect and backup the NAND so the connection works but I can not connect once it boots into the dashboard. Any advice would be great.
    Thanks in advance

Ok so I reflashed my NAND with an Unbaned KV thinking that might help but still same issue.....

2. Tag234

Tag234 Newbie

Goto your Network settings and make sure that they are set on Automatic and not manual? Thats my first guess followed by verifying that NXE sees your network connection at all?

In NXE you should goto Network Settings and verify that there is a check mark next to the Wired or Wireless connection.

3. Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse Seasoned Member

If you have dashlaunch installed, make sure you have configured the ini to allow internet connection. If I remember correctly the newer versions prevent connection to live to stop the console being banned, but also have another option to enable or disable internet connection altogether. Can you download cover art using FSD? If yes, then your problem is very likely dashlaunch.

iTz Crush likes this.
  4. xR3AP5

xR3AP5 Enthusiast

I do have dash launch an set it up to connect. But even when I reflashed with a new KV it still does the same thing. Get this... I dumped the NAND with Firefox rebuilt the entire image flashed it back with no Freestyle and booted XEX menu and still no network. This is insane!

When I try to fetch the cover art it says "no network connection". It even does it on the 360 dash.

If someone is willing to look at my NAND I will gladly upload it.
    Thanks for the help!!!

5. xR3AP5

xR3AP5 Enthusiast

Anymore suggestions?

6. xR3AP5

xR3AP5 Enthusiast

Does anyone think maybe the NAND is partially corrupt since the Ethernet port works with Xellous? What if I used a donor NAND and injected my keys? Do you think it's worth a shot? I have already changed to an unbanned KV and that did not work.

7. xR3AP5

xR3AP5 Enthusiast

Ok, so what i did was downgrade to XBR8955 and still the same issue. I have network connection in Xellous but not on any dashboard.... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone have any ideas?

8. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

got the same problem - falcon glitch. internet was ok before the Glitch and it is gone after... any solution? please, please anyone?

9. x Icewater101 x

x Icewater101 x H2 Legend

Make sure your not aggressively blocking live DNS with dash launch as this kills all internet connection.

10. oblivioncth

oblivioncth Mr. Cloth

As said, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE that dashlaunch is not the culprit, and make sure that you have your account info for the cover website put into freestyledash. Also make sure that your settings in the stock dash are proper and try doing a PC connection test. If automatic doesn't work try using a static IP and manually enter your DNS servers. You can get those on your PC by typing "ipconfig /all" into the command prompt.

11. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

i do not block Live DNS and my console is connected to a PC using static ip as it is described here (i am sorry if link posting is forbiden but it is obvious a need in this case) http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux..._a_linux_computer_connected_to_a_wireless_LAN
    the connection was fine before Glitch, and it is fine now if i use it to connect pc to pc instead pc to console, but it is not working with pc to xbox any more. ping fails. ftp on FSD is not working. can it be caused by problem with network drivers in custom dash? before glitch i had 12686 (or something like this) dash - the last one that do not flash dvd. i dumped nand with this dash. and i build a custom dash image v. 14699 using this dump. i tried to apply official update for 14699 but it did not help. can this be the point? should i flash back the stock dump, update it to 14699, dump it again and use this dump to build a custom one? will it work?

12. oblivioncth

oblivioncth Mr. Cloth

Well the method you used shouldn't affect it (though freestyledash might not like briged connections). You could try to revert to were you were and update using a donor nand which i can provide (though i doubt thats it). Make sure your on the latest Freestyledash and Dashlaunch. Then to teat if its your connection method, see if Freestle works while your xbox is plugged dirrectly into the router (you will have to move a tv to it or connect it to a moniter, etc.).

13. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

i flashed custom nand without Dashlaunch and connected console directly to router - problem remained.

14. oblivioncth

oblivioncth Mr. Cloth

Hmm, that's really weird. Seems that FSD is definitely the culprit then. The latest version could be bugged, or make sure you are at the latest version and not an earlier one. Also make sure that you have the .xex under the folder Plugins (it's called Freestyledashplugin.xex or something like that).

15. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

i flashed clear custom nand without FSD or Dash launch... and there is no networking in NXE... i double cheked it with another router. no auto (dhcp) ip no static ip...

16. HUST13R

HUST13R Getting There

Looks like your best bet for elimination as you've suggested above would be to flash back to stock with your original NAND and test, if that works. Then I would upgrade and rebuild your NAND if you still have the same issues then try creating your NAND with other program's. Be good to figure this one out as there have been others getting this problem.

17. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

i am realy thinking of this now... in a nearest future, i`ll solder out Glitch, flash back stock nand, upgrade it to latest update it to 14699 and after that try to make glitch nand image from a beginning... damn it. soldering again... aghhhrrrr...((

18. HUST13R

HUST13R Getting There

Think you can just disconnect the power cable for the glitch chip and you should be ok, I haven't personally done it my self but sure I have seen post where people have said this.

19. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

Well, guys, what i`ve done. i flashed back the original nand through Xell, then updated it to 14699, and reset all settings to factory defaults. after that, i dumped this nand, build and flash new xell image with it, then build and flash new glitch image with this dump through Xell.
    No changes.
    But when i flashed back original nand, and tested networking, - it was fine before and after update to 14699.
    Building with multibuilder 0.7..

20. shohart

shohart Enthusiast

maybe it is the whole falcon issue?