What's new

Tutorial [Jtag]How to Run XeXmenu with only a USB drive.

• Thread starter etownlax
  • Start date
  • Views 129,663
G

gunblade712

Reaction score
Sin$
If you bought it "modded" then there are 3 possibilities.

1) It only has a flashed drive to play burnt games
2) It's a jtag that can run unsigned code
3) The seller lied to you, its neither.

Does a flashed drive to play burnt/back-up games sound right?

yeah, I think it can only play burnt/back-up games only.. Tried the method again just now and still it says the "game" is "corrupted". :blink:<_<

well, seeing that my dashboard is already @ 9199, jtag-ing my console is currently impossible, right? <_<

M

MagiikBeans

Reaction score
Sin$
How to Run XEX menu with only a USB drive

Purpose
To run XeXmenu from a flash drive on a jtagged xbox with dashboard 9199 and without the use of a burnt CD or a transfer cable.

Requirements
-USB Drive(flash drive or external USD drive)
-USB Xplorer- Download Link
-XEX Menu(Live) – Download from Xbins
-Jtagged Xbox with dash 9199

First-
Extract all RAR and zipped files

Second-
Connect your USB drive to any Xbox with dashboard 9199(yes a jtagged xbox with dash 9199 will work too). Go to over to System Settings and then down to memory. A USB drive should appear. Select it and it will ask you if you would like to configure it. Select “Configure Now”

Third-
Once its configured, remove and plug into a computer. Open up the USB Xplorer and go to file and click “Open Device…”
51963439.png

Will then show…
41181949.png

Click on “New Folder” to create a new folder, name it “Content”
11349044.png

Now click on that new Content folder. It will show two periods again. Now, Create another folder, this time called “0000000000000000” (that’s 16 zero’s).

Now, click on that folder you just created. It will take you inside the folder and again show you the two periods. Now click on “Inject Folder” A new window will pop up, find the folder where you saved extracted XeXMenu(Live) to and find within the folder the C0DE9999 folder. Have it highlighted like I do and click ok.
19095996.png

You now have XeXMenu on your flash drive. Now you have no need for a transfer cable! Enjoy!

Just Plug into your jtag and go to game library. It will be listed there.
good to know! thanks!

xxXtReMeZzz

xxXtReMeZzz

Respect the Cosby. Cosby rules all.
Hardened Veteran Forum Addict Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Im using the updated version of Xtaf and it wouldnt let me inject C0DE9999 so i made a folder called C0DE9999, in that folder i made a folder called 00080000 and in that folder i it let me inject C0DE99990F5865558, which if you click all the way through the folders of C0DE9999 thats the last file. Will this work because im not getting my JTAG untill Moday and i most likely wont be in the mood to piss around with this again. Pm me if ive done it wrong please someone.

Thanks and Nice Tut. :smile:

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You want the progression of folders to be as follows:

Content>0000000000000000>C0DE9999>00080000>(whatever is inside the last folder)

Its been a while since I've done this.lol... If you can't follow a progression of folders like this, then it will not work.

NC JUNGLIST

NC JUNGLIST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
just stumbled back across this and boy have i learned alot since getting my first jtag....knowing what i know now,,,so many posts are so completely funny to me now....i'm even laughing at my pre-jtag day posts...lmao..and boy are they stupid....so glad 7s is back up... :tongue:

thnx etownlax

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
just stumbled back across this and boy have i learned alot since getting my first jtag....knowing what i know now,,,so many posts are so completely funny to me now....i'm even laughing at my pre-jtag day posts...lmao..and boy are they stupid....so glad 7s is back up... :tongue:

lol.. I completely agree. Just this tutorial is pretty stupid. Honestly, it should have been pretty obvious but hey whatever, it does help if you didn't even think about doing this.

ps. edit your post, you don't need to advertise your services everywhere. Thats what the services are for in the B/S/T section.

oh and they "borrowed" my/this tutorial over at TdotTdotG
lol

S

schnoo

Reaction score
Sin$
thank you very much for this. I only have a USB right now, so this seems like my only option! it seems to work for everyone so I am excited

D

dole79

Reaction score
Sin$
hi i have broplem massege pup up it is Corrupted why plese help my update is 9199

thanks

NC JUNGLIST

NC JUNGLIST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hi i have broplem massege pup up it is Corrupted why plese help my update is 9199

thanks
its corrupted...remove xex from your usb,delete it from your pc, re-download code9999 and put in back on there...should fix your problem.Also you can use Modio to accomplish the same thing if you dont like xtaf.Modiolink also, the last file in code9999 should look like this code99990F586558

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I F***ING LUV you man. I did it successfully. My transfer cable was not working for me.

D

dole79

Reaction score
Sin$
its corrupted...remove xex from your usb,delete it from your pc, re-download code9999 and put in back on there...should fix your problem.Also you can use Modio to accomplish the same thing if you dont like xtaf.Modiolink also, the last file in code9999 should look like this code99990F586558

thank you very mach to answer me

its the same error its show in transfer content but not copy
see

for your information my xbox360 jasper 2009 and running Copy DVD but when I copy the disk does not work why? please help me

XxGetHackedxX

XxGetHackedxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
just a suggestion, if i burn xex menu onto a disc.. and put it in my flashed xbox, will that work?

XxGetHackedxX

XxGetHackedxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
my bad, I thought you meant your jtag had a flashed drive.

so no. You NEED a jtag. NO matter what, thats why the title says "[Jtag]". Sorry.

ahh never mind..

but just quickly.. i know this might sound rly nooby, but can ya just explain the context of a 'jtag' i mean why can a jtag run XeX, but a normal xbox cant?

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
ahh never mind..

but just quickly.. i know this might sound rly nooby, but can ya just explain the context of a 'jtag' i mean why can a jtag run XeX, but a normal xbox cant?

ALL xbox's run xex's. BUT here is the difference: Retails(normal xbox's) can only run xex's that have been signed by microsoft's Private key(the RSA key) while jtags have been modded in such a way that the xbox doesn't look to see if the xex has this RSA signature associated with it.

The reason why jtags exist is because some people found a time during rebooting where the xbox could run code that wasn't signed by microsoft. This lead the way to allow for freeboot and xbr. And thus you can now run code(xex's) without the need for it to be signed by microsoft.

We can't sign it, because we don't know the key. And the key is impossible to guess. Its so long that it would take hundreds of years even if everyone on earth had a super computer and were all running programs specifically to get this Key.

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
can you launch xex menu on a non jtagged xbox 360 console??

I know you are new here but you need to read the original post, again. There might be a reason that I said a jtagged xbox is required. I'll let you figure that out.

Top Bottom
Login
Register