What's new

Tutorial [Jtag]How to Run XeXmenu with only a USB drive.

• Thread starter etownlax
  • Start date
  • Views 129,660
etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You use the USB to run XeXmenu. Using that you can copy and paste it into the HDD. Put it in the same places as if you were using a transfer cable, pretty simple

XIDuBe

XIDuBe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
do you sell jtag xobx
YES YOU NEED A JTAG TO RUN XEXMENU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter what.
Otherwise it'll be a "corrupt" file.
and ur wrong on that because there is a way look on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aug7XP06RII ok etownlax

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
do you sell jtag xobx
and ur wrong on that because there is a way look on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aug7XP06RII ok etownlax

Thank you for enlightening us. Who ever made that video must be amazing, using his "special xex files."

I'm sorry, but its not going to happen. The only way it would be possible would be if Microsoft posted their RSA key on NBC Nightly News.lol. A retail xbox requires XEX files to have been signed with the RSA key. If its not signed, the xbox will not read it. Its simple, very simple. ok KingModer

NC JUNGLIST

NC JUNGLIST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you for enlightening us. Who ever made that video must be amazing, using his "special xex files."

I'm sorry, but its not going to happen. The only way it would be possible would be if Microsoft posted their RSA key on NBC Nightly News.lol. A retail xbox requires XEX files to have been signed with the RSA key. If its not signed, the xbox will not read it. Its simple, very simple. ok KingModer
hey, i just want to clear my head on this subject. I'm about a couple of weeks from getting my first Jtag and in trying to research and explore all the in's and out's I stumbled across this guys youtube tutorial and the stuff he had for download was full of trojans and viruses.Funny, i got rid of it all with AVG so np there. I did however follow your tutorial on putting XEXmenu w/Code9999 on my flashdrive and as far as i can tell, since I do not have a Jtagged xbox, I did it correctly. I guess my question is ,and i think i know the answer already based on what you said about running XEX files on retail xbox,even i did your tutorial corretly,when i put my flash drive back in my retail 360xbox, in my game library, I shouldnt see the XEXmenu title, right? just wanna make sure these claims of jtagging via/USB are bullcrap before I buy my first Jtag.I know they are,I've been doing lots of research, please just tell me I've been reading correctly.It's crap, I shouldnt see the XEXmenu at all unless its in a real honest to god Jtag!!! Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.. :tongue:

do you sell jtag xobx
this is the tutorial i was talking about with all the trojans in it!! :tongue:

R

Ralphyy

Reaction score
Sin$
where can i buy a jtag i have my patch and everything i just wanna make sure i but a legit jtagged xbox on ebay they all say jtaggable

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
hey, i just want to clear my head on this subject. I'm about a couple of weeks from getting my first Jtag and in trying to research and explore all the in's and out's I stumbled across this guys youtube tutorial and the stuff he had for download was full of trojans and viruses.Funny, i got rid of it all with AVG so np there. I did however follow your tutorial on putting XEXmenu w/Code9999 on my flashdrive and as far as i can tell, since I do not have a Jtagged xbox, I did it correctly. I guess my question is ,and i think i know the answer already based on what you said about running XEX files on retail xbox,even i did your tutorial corretly,when i put my flash drive back in my retail 360xbox, in my game library, I shouldnt see the XEXmenu title, right? just wanna make sure these claims of jtagging via/USB are bullcrap before I buy my first Jtag.I know they are,I've been doing lots of research, please just tell me I've been reading correctly.It's crap, I shouldnt see the XEXmenu at all unless its in a real honest to god Jtag!!! Thanks and sorry for the long winded post.. :tongue:

this is the tutorial i was talking about with all the trojans in it!! :tongue:

Simply if you did it right(if I remember correctly this will happen...) It will not say "XeXmenu" or anything letting you know what it is, it will merely say "Corrupted" and the only option you have is to delete it(or just don't do anything with it). I'm not sure what it would do if you did it all wrong(which is hard considering all you are doing is making a few folders inside of each other and putting xexmenu at the end of the folders). Good Luck and if you have any other reasonable questions just let me know here or PM.

where can i buy a jtag i have my patch and everything i just wanna make sure i but a legit jtagged xbox on ebay they all say jtaggable

Um. Learn what you can now about Jtags. Maybe you could buy a jtagable xbox and jtag it yourself, you'll learn so much more. Good Luck. But When the time is right you could buy one from the B/S/T section(when you see it).

NC JUNGLIST

NC JUNGLIST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Simply if you did it right(if I remember correctly this will happen...) It will not say "XeXmenu" or anything letting you know what it is, it will merely say "Corrupted" and the only option you have is to delete it(or just don't do anything with it). I'm not sure what it would do if you did it all wrong(which is hard considering all you are doing is making a few folders inside of each other and putting xexmenu at the end of the folders). Good Luck and if you have any other reasonable questions just let me know here or PM.
Cool.thnx for the feedback..oh, when i went to my recent games i clicked the A button really fast and clicked on the XEX 1.1 title which i can see for a split second, and it just froze my xbox up right there in the recent games tab.I've done it several times for s***s and giggles,and it just does the same thing..i have to physically pull the plug on my xbox to turn it off :tongue: Here's a reasonable question, to run the xex menu you must have say freeboot or freestyle dash to run it,right, which requires the Jtag, right? thnx. :tongue: Wait, are freeboot and freestyle the same thing? basically? sorry for nooby questions. :tongue:

L

L3G1T SNIPeZ

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks a lot, im getting a zephyr next week and dont want to buy a transfre cable because i dont need it for anything else. =D

H

hazard99

Reaction score
Sin$
So zero's really look like o's sometimes lol. Thats for clearing that portion up that actually helped me get

M

MrSkummy

Reaction score
Sin$
How to Run XEX menu with only a USB drive

Purpose
To run XeXmenu from a flash drive on a jtagged xbox with dashboard 9199 and without the use of a burnt CD or a transfer cable.

Requirements
-USB Drive(flash drive or external USD drive)
-USB Xplorer- Download Link
-XEX Menu(Live) – Download from Xbins
-Jtagged Xbox with dash 9199

First-
Extract all RAR and zipped files

Second-
Connect your USB drive to any Xbox with dashboard 9199(yes a jtagged xbox with dash 9199 will work too). Go to over to System Settings and then down to memory. A USB drive should appear. Select it and it will ask you if you would like to configure it. Select “Configure Now”

Third-
Once its configured, remove and plug into a computer. Open up the USB Xplorer and go to file and click “Open Device…”
51963439.png

Will then show…
41181949.png

Click on “New Folder” to create a new folder, name it “Content”
11349044.png

Now click on that new Content folder. It will show two periods again. Now, Create another folder, this time called “0000000000000000” (that’s 16 zero’s).

Now, click on that folder you just created. It will take you inside the folder and again show you the two periods. Now click on “Inject Folder” A new window will pop up, find the folder where you saved extracted XeXMenu(Live) to and find within the folder the C0DE9999 folder. Have it highlighted like I do and click ok.
19095996.png

You now have XeXMenu on your flash drive. Now you have no need for a transfer cable! Enjoy!

Just Plug into your jtag and go to game library. It will be listed there.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>now this wont work on reg. xbox right? i just bought a jtag it has the xex menu on it but i wanna make sure it is a jtag and just not A reg. system with xexmenu on it.

How to Run XEX menu with only a USB drive

Purpose
To run XeXmenu from a flash drive on a jtagged xbox with dashboard 9199 and without the use of a burnt CD or a transfer cable.

Requirements
-USB Drive(flash drive or external USD drive)
-USB Xplorer- Download Link
-XEX Menu(Live) – Download from Xbins
-Jtagged Xbox with dash 9199

First-
Extract all RAR and zipped files

Second-
Connect your USB drive to any Xbox with dashboard 9199(yes a jtagged xbox with dash 9199 will work too). Go to over to System Settings and then down to memory. A USB drive should appear. Select it and it will ask you if you would like to configure it. Select “Configure Now”

Third-
Once its configured, remove and plug into a computer. Open up the USB Xplorer and go to file and click “Open Device…”
51963439.png

Will then show…
41181949.png

Click on “New Folder” to create a new folder, name it “Content”
11349044.png

Now click on that new Content folder. It will show two periods again. Now, Create another folder, this time called “0000000000000000” (that’s 16 zero’s).

Now, click on that folder you just created. It will take you inside the folder and again show you the two periods. Now click on “Inject Folder” A new window will pop up, find the folder where you saved extracted XeXMenu(Live) to and find within the folder the C0DE9999 folder. Have it highlighted like I do and click ok.
19095996.png

You now have XeXMenu on your flash drive. Now you have no need for a transfer cable! Enjoy!

Just Plug into your jtag and go to game library. It will be listed there.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>now this wont work on reg. xbox right? i just bought a jtag it has the xex menu on it but i wanna make sure it is a jtag and just not A reg. system with xexmenu on it.

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
On a regular xbox(for me anyhow) it would never show up in the game library as xexmenu. However I have heard people have "glitched" it and it would display xexmenu in the game library, but obviously would never play it.

Only only way to be 100% positive is to see it inside of Xexmenu. sorry For the delayed response. I Only check this every so often.

J

Jtag4Fun

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
so if i have an 8 gig flash drive or so, can i run xex menu and get the mw2 iso onto the flash drive also?

G

gunblade712

Reaction score
Sin$
good day guys..

i'm new to this forum, and also I'm new to these JTag scene.. so please pardon my noob-ness :tongue:

I'm trying to fiddle around with this XeXmenu, tried to burn it onto my DVD but the console said that my DVD is unreadable, I guess it's probably my bad dvd drive.

Stumbled upon this thread, I tried to put my XeXMenu 1.1 on the USB drive, as per instructed. Everything went well, but when I browsed it on my Game Menu in my X360 dashboard, XeXMenu isn't there.

Open up my USB drive from Memory > Game and WHAMMMM, it shows a Corrupted Demo Game.

Did I do something wrong? I've followed the instruction exactly, using XTaf as my exploring tool.

I've noticed that we're suppose to use the XeXMenu LIVE. I went to xbins but there's no XeXMenu LIVE, only XeXMenu 1.1.

Can you please help me out here?

thanks in advance guys!

oh, and please pardon if my English is bad, I'm not from a native English-speaking country. :lol:

Good Lord... :blink: I didn't browse thru xbins properly. Sorry guys! My bad! :unsure:

The LIVE thing is in the .rar file. I'm gonna try it out now.. B)

I think I've overlooked one thing. The XeXMenu LIVE is actually in one of 'em .rar files. haha...

I've extracted it and injected the C0DE9999 folder into my /Content/0000000000000000/ using Xtaf. Plugged it into my Xbox 360 and still gives me the same outcome; there's a demo game in my USB and it's corrupted.

Is there anything else that I've missed?

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
good day guys..

i'm new to this forum, and also I'm new to these JTag scene.. so please pardon my noob-ness :tongue:

I'm trying to fiddle around with this XeXmenu, tried to burn it onto my DVD but the console said that my DVD is unreadable, I guess it's probably my bad dvd drive.

Stumbled upon this thread, I tried to put my XeXMenu 1.1 on the USB drive, as per instructed. Everything went well, but when I browsed it on my Game Menu in my X360 dashboard, XeXMenu isn't there.

Open up my USB drive from Memory > Game and WHAMMMM, it shows a Corrupted Demo Game.

Did I do something wrong? I've followed the instruction exactly, using XTaf as my exploring tool.

I've noticed that we're suppose to use the XeXMenu LIVE. I went to xbins but there's no XeXMenu LIVE, only XeXMenu 1.1.

Can you please help me out here?

thanks in advance guys!

oh, and please pardon if my English is bad, I'm not from a native English-speaking country. :lol:

Good Lord... :blink: I didn't browse thru xbins properly. Sorry guys! My bad! :unsure:

The LIVE thing is in the .rar file. I'm gonna try it out now.. B)

I think I've overlooked one thing. The XeXMenu LIVE is actually in one of 'em .rar files. haha...

I've extracted it and injected the C0DE9999 folder into my /Content/0000000000000000/ using Xtaf. Plugged it into my Xbox 360 and still gives me the same outcome; there's a demo game in my USB and it's corrupted.

Is there anything else that I've missed?

You don't have a jtag. You need to preform the jtag hack on an exploitable xbox for it to be able to read unsigned code. Right now, it knows there is a "game" there.. But it won't read/play it because it isn't encrypted with the RSA key. Thats why you are getting a corrupted game demo message(assuming you did everything correctly).

are you 100% sure you have a jtagged xbox?

so if i have an 8 gig flash drive or so, can i run xex menu and get the mw2 iso onto the flash drive also?

You MIGHT have enough room. I forget exactly how much room MW2 takes up. I don't even know how large XEX menu is(its not big). Also your flash drive is always a few mb less than what it says its suppose to be just for formating purposes.

BUT, if you remove all/some of the campaign you will definitely have enough room on the flash drive for xexmenu and mw2 to run lobbies.

G

gunblade712

Reaction score
Sin$
You don't have a jtag. You need to preform the jtag hack on an exploitable xbox for it to be able to read unsigned code. Right now, it knows there is a "game" there.. But it won't read/play it because it isn't encrypted with the RSA key. Thats why you are getting a corrupted game demo message(assuming you did everything correctly).

are you 100% sure you have a jtagged xbox?

Yeah, I think that's the problem. I thought that if your Xbox 360 is modded, it's Jtag-ed already. :tongue:h34r:

How can I check if my console is jtag-ed? I don't think I can Jtag it now coz my dash is already @ 9199.. <_<

etownlax

etownlax

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
If you bought it "modded" then there are 3 possibilities.

1) It only has a flashed drive to play burnt games
2) It's a jtag that can run unsigned code
3) The seller lied to you, its neither.

Does a flashed drive to play burnt/back-up games sound right?

Top Bottom
Login
Register