• Thread starter Knalpotje
  • Start date
  • Views 635
Knalpotje

Knalpotje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
After 3 years of saving money and thinking about different setups, I'm finally (kinda) done, Here it goes!

The case: A Corsair Carbide SPEC-01; I chose this case as it looked good and had everything i needed, It was big enough to fit all my components and do some cablemanagement. Untill this point (having it for 1 year) i'm still happy with the case, And provides enough future-proofnes to use it for atleast another 2-3 years

The motherboard: (Will probably be replaced in the near future) MSI 760GA-P43 (FX), This was one off the first components i chose, and it turned out to be not so good, As i was just into computers and haven't really checked anything back then, I just chose the cheapest motherboard i could find that would fit an AM3+ chip. I would never recommend this to anyone as i've had many problems with getting hard drives installed and not having them in raid, And some plastic things that go over the USB 3.0 header and fan headers just simply fall off.

The CPU: The CPU is an AMD FX-6300 6-core processor, Hold on! Don't start hating, I've got a reson for this, So as i've heard alot of AMD getting hot, I've never had any problems with mine. In a full CPU 100% load it NEVER goes over 51 degrees celsius, As of performance, It does what it needs to do. It handles everything i do very well.

GPU: An MSI GTX 960, I was looking for a mid-range card and i've been looking into this for about 4-5 months before actually buying it, it needed to be able to handle GTA V and other games on a reasonable framerate, The GTX 960 did exactly that. As having it just from today i cannot really say anything about how it does, But after doing some stress-test it wouldn't go very hot and handled everything pretty well.

Power supply: A 600W Cooler Master power supply, This was also a really quick choise, I needed it to be able to handle my GPU and CPU. And it could do that so i bought it for not really that much money.

Hard drives: WD Blue 1TB x2, This is a very good hard drive, But pretty slow. I will add an SSD later for the OS and make it run faster.

Memory: Kingston HyperX (something) I have 2 sticks of 4 GB into this thing, It is exactly what i needed as with 4GB of RAM i did not have enough, The only draw-back on this RAM is that it only runs on 800Mhz for some random reason it won't go to it's normal 1600Mhz.

Let me know what you think about it and what you would change to it, (Sorry for any spelling mistakes) And thanks for reading!

emDu8nz.jpg

OWt254B.jpg

ZWieqN3.jpg

Last edited:
Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
After 3 years of saving money and thinking about different setups, I'm finally k(inda)done, Here it goes!

The case: A Corsair Carbide SPEC-01; I chose this case as it looked good and had everything i needed, It was big enough to fit all my components and do some cablemanagement. Untill this point (having it for 1 year) i'm still happy with the case, And provides enough future-proofnes to use it for atleast another 2-3 years

The motherboard: (Will probably be replaced in the near future) MSI 760GA-P43 (FX), This was one off the first components i chose, and it turned out to be not so good, As i was just into computers and haven't really checked anything back then, I just chose the cheapest motherboard i could find that would fit an AM3+ chip. I would never recommend this to anyone as i've had many problems with getting hard drives installed and not having them in raid, And some plastic things that go over the USB 3.0 header and fan headers just simply fall off.

The CPU: The CPU is an AMD FX-6300 6-core processor, Hold on! Don't start hating, I've got a reson for this, So as i've heard alot of AMD getting hot, I've never had any problems with mine. In a full CPU 100% load it NEVER goes over 51 degrees celsius, As of performance, It does what it needs to do. It handles everything i do very well.

GPU: An MSI GTX 960, I was looking for a mid-range card and i've been looking into this for about 4-5 months before actually buying it, it needed to be able to handle GTA V and other games on a reasonable framerate, The GTX 960 did exactly that. As having it just from today i cannot really say anything about how it does, But after doing some stress-test it wouldn't go very hot and handled everything pretty well.

Power supply: A 600W Cooler Master power supply, This was also a really quick choise, I needed it to be able to handle my GPU and CPU. And it could do that so i bought it for not really that much money.

Hard drives: WD Blue 1TB x2, This is a very good hard drive, But pretty slow. I will add an SSD later for the OS and make it run faster.

Memory: Kingston HyperX (something) I have 2 sticks of 4 GB into this thing, It is exactly what i needed as with 4GB of RAM i did not have enough, The only draw-back on this RAM is that it only runs on 800Mhz for some random reason it won't go to it's normal 1600Mhz.

Let me know what you think about it and what you would change to it, (Sorry for any spelling mistakes) And thanks for reading!
You should upgrade to polaris or pascal when it releases Mid 2016. :biggrin: Other than that, nice PC. You got any Pics?

Knalpotje

Knalpotje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should upgrade to polaris or pascal when it releases Mid 2016. :biggrin: Other than that, nice PC. You got any Pics?

Thanks! I'll add some pictures soon, And what do you mean by polaris or pascal? Never heard of it :wink:

EDIT: Added some pictures! Sorry for the crappy quality, my phone isen't the best :wink:

Last edited:
Jeeper

Jeeper

Jeeper of Rivia
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! I'll add some pictures soon, And what do you mean by polaris or pascal? Never heard of it :wink:

EDIT: Added some pictures! Sorry for the crappy quality, my phone isen't the best :wink:
Looks great IMO. Polaris and Pascal are NVIDIA and AMDs next lineup of GPUs. They are going to have GDDR5X and HBM2. Killer performance.

Knalpotje

Knalpotje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks great IMO. Polaris and Pascal are NVIDIA and AMDs next lineup of GPUs. They are going to have GDDR5X and HBM2. Killer performance.
Well, I'm planning on using this GTX 960 till it can't do anything i want it to do as i'm tight on a budget, I'll probably upgrade tough in about 2 years but my next focus is getting an Intel I7 6400K And an SSD

Vahkesh

Vahkesh

I'm the best get over it
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Very nice build. Good job on the cable management.

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
You should consider replacing the RAM when you get the chance. I had the same brand in my PC for 2 years (except mine was 2 x 4GB) and it did me well but it's not great with speed.

Knalpotje

Knalpotje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should consider replacing the RAM when you get the chance. I had the same brand in my PC for 2 years (except mine was 2 x 4GB) and it did me well but it's not great with speed.
Yes, i noticed this too, It is advertised as running on 1600Mhz And it only runs on 800

XeClutch

XeClutch

Raised on 7S
Mythical Veteran Programmer Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, i noticed this too, It is advertised as running on 1600Mhz And it only runs on 800
If your motherboard supports it you might be able to overclock your memory frequency and force it to either 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz but it's going to take a toll on your memory if the overclock even works. Just to be sure though, go into Task Manager and check what Windows says your memory speed is.
3bcc1b6403.png

Knalpotje

Knalpotje

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If your motherboard supports it you might be able to overclock your memory frequency and force it to either 1333Mhz or 1600Mhz but it's going to take a toll on your memory if the overclock even works. Just to be sure though, go into Task Manager and check what Windows says your memory speed is.
3bcc1b6403.png
Yea Windows says too it runs on 1600Mhz, But it never did

Top Bottom
Login
Register