Is there an alternate DB1F1 solder point...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by vX Fatality Xv, Feb 24, 2010 with 26 replies and 8,158 views.

1. vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv Getting There

When the console turned on with XBR-3 it started initial setup (supposed to) and after it was setup, it froze. I the turned it off and back on. E79 error! The J-Tag connections were re-done and the DB1F1 connection is now mangled. Is there an alternative point for this on a Zephyr Motherboard?
  2. EclipseModz

EclipseModz Retired Retired

On the bottom of the board right under the DB1F1. Solder to the FT1U2
    1 person likes this.
  3. vX Fatality Xv

Okay, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm glad an expert replied back fairly fast!

Okay, here is the diagram:
    [​IMG]
  4. halo2moder2010

halo2moder2010 Enthusiast

ya i had the same problem and I guess I can't jtag my xbox now, thats the hardest point to solder :thumbdown:, but good luck
  5. EclipseModz

There is a 3rd alternate. But its harder to do than the others because its in the middle of the southbridge.
  6. halo2moder2010

well, Its probly my only chance, where is it?
  7. vX Fatality Xv

Eclipse, the connections are now fine, yet I still recieve E79. I can post a picture if you would like. There was error 250 in block 63. Nand Dump 1,2, and 4 matched (with error 250 in block 63) Should I try Nand 2 and extract raw kv. and config. to put in XBR-3? Is there a way to fix bad blocks?
  8. halo2moder2010

aww lucky, do you know where the 3rd spot is?
  9. EclipseModz

Try this program out.
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    I need to look for it.

Found
    [​IMG]
    1 person likes this.
  10. vX Fatality Xv

Eclipse, the program re-mapped the bad block. The XBR is writing at the moment. I'll post back and tell you the results. Cross your fingers... :)
  11. halo2moder2010

If that's the alternate, do I still connect it to the same point as the other db1f1 or connect to southbridge and do I use any diodes?
  12. EclipseModz

That is where DB1F1 leads to. So its just like soldering to DB1F1 you do the same thing. Yes you still use a diode.
  13. halo2moder2010

And if I do the "reverse jtag" in the pic above do I really have to put the diodes in those spots because they are different that the other spots I have already soldered
  14. EclipseModz

You are still installing the same way. Just using different points. You still use diodes.
  15. vX Fatality Xv

Eclipse, how exactly do you use the bad block mover tool? I used the BBM, re-wrote the XBR file and got 3 RROD (No E79). Do you have any other advice? This is driving me insane.
  16. EclipseModz

Remake the XBR image and only inject the kv and config and try that again. Dont remap it. Just see if the first time was a fluke from the DB1F1 point
  17. halo2moder2010

Ya but are the diodes in different spots when the jtag hack is on bottom?
  18. gr0bda

gr0bda Enthusiast

Problem with alternative to db1f1 is that is just as volatile to damage as the db1f1. I know from experience. I ripped pad from ft1u2 then U1U1, then I managed to mangle trace itself, all due to motherboard flexing with too much hot glue holding the wire. Fortunately the trace that goes to all these points it pretty freaking long and there is nothing attached (at least on my falcon) So what I ended up doing was drill a hole where db1f1 was with 1/16" drill bit (that's the thinnest I could find around without going to hardware store) The trace on the other side was already mangled so it didn't matter where the other end of the hole would end up. Then I scrapped insulation of the trace, ran insulated wire through the hole so it wouldn't ground with the copper on both sides of the board, soldered the wire to the trace, hot glued the other side of the wire where the db1f1 was so it would stay in place and wouldn't flex. Works like charm, no more breaking off the solder off the board.
    While I was drilling in place of db1f1 I noticed that if I didn't mangled the other side of that point I could possibly just get away with drilling half way exposing the connection to the other side and just drop some flux + solder and perhaps leaving the wire inside of the half way predrilled hole and then just hot glueing it to make it secure.
    Hope my post makes sense, cause now that I'm reading it back, I'm not so sure :P
    1 person likes this.
  19. halo2moder2010

Ya but I think I screwed up both sides and I would be scared to try to drill a whole in my mobo lol

can you show me a pic of that? I might have to do that, becuase the whole that I might have to use is super small
  20. DannyDifalco

DannyDifalco Getting There

scrape the point then solder its not to hard.