• Thread starter Bryh456
  • Start date
  • Views 2,050
Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The "Modding Community" died years ago. It used to be about fun, no there are countless children using their parents' credit cards to buy mods instead of learning to make their own. Those with experience are either selling their stuff or keeping it private. Sorry, but there is the truth.
Did you still mod if you did? Or did you stop also since it is really is younger kids now.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Did you still mod if you did? Or did you stop also since it is really is younger kids now.
Sure, I have fun writing programs for the Xbox. I almost never write anything for games, but rather try to screw around with hardware and development stuff. I give myself hard, random goals/ challenges to do and I spend some free time doing it. I'm not saying that modding individually isn't fun, I'm saying that the "community" sucks now.

Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sure, I have fun writing programs for the Xbox. I almost never write anything for games, but rather try to screw around with hardware and development stuff. I give myself hard, random goals/ challenges to do and I spend some free time doing it. I'm not saying that modding individually isn't fun, I'm saying that the "community" sucks now.
Ahh ok, so would you recommend me getting a rgh? Or should I wait and see what happens with the "community" I've been excited thinking about getting one then I thought about how the community has changed since mw2 days.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Modding is a broad term. Thousands of people "mod" their consoles. However, if you are talking about hosting modified lobbies, then the answer would have to be yes. Getting your "modded" xbox online is a lot more expensive now than say 3 years ago because of all of the security measures taken now. You now have to hide behind a paid XBLS service compared to just buying a new KV. Also, most of the games now run on private servers which make it harder to "mod" such as CoD: Ghosts. There are exploits out there, though, they just aren't generally released for free usage. After all, why give away something that could make you quiet a bit of spare change.
This post really annoyed me, first off you do not have to pay anyone, all they are after is your money the offline files are released this kernel so there is that, secondly that line about games being behind "private servers" is one of the lamest things I have ever heard, it's BS posts like this with false and moronic information that hurt the forum community, sorry if I offend but I am just saying.

Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This post really annoyed me, first off you do not have to pay anyone, all they are after is your money the offline files are released this kernel so there is that, secondly that line about games being behind "private servers" is one of the lamest things I have ever heard, it's BS posts like this with false and moronic information that hurt the forum community, sorry if I offend but I am just saying.
I'm new to this so sorry if I pissed you off. I was just considering getting an rgh to learn new things but since people are selfish now and don't share their ideas it just doesn't seem like
It would be fun and entertaining to own an rgh.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm new to this so sorry if I pissed you off. I was just considering getting an rgh to learn new things but since people are selfish now and don't share their ideas it just doesn't seem like
It would be fun and entertaining to own an rgh.

Oh, no worries lol that post wasn't for you anyways I quoted someone and that gives them an alert on these forums to check out what I had to say, if the settings permit that is, so yeah lol. :tongue:

Sativa

Sativa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Oh, no worries lol that post wasn't for you anyways I quoted someone and that gives them an alert on these forums to check out what I had to say, if the settings permit that is, so yeah lol. :tongue:
Forgive me if I'm wrong but the modding community is really just a bunch of people out to make money. There isn't really free lobbies anymore. On the occasion that you find one, they beg for donations. And as far as the paid private server goes, not many people are technical enough to patch a HV or set up their own server. Offline files are great but it's KV suicide. There are cheap ways to do things and then there are the real ways.

Evil Tim

Evil Tim

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgive me if I'm wrong but the modding community is really just a bunch of people out to make money. There isn't really free lobbies anymore. On the occasion that you find one, they beg for donations. And as far as the paid private server goes, not many people are technical enough to patch a HV or set up their own server. Offline files are great but it's KV suicide. There are cheap ways to do things and then there are the real ways.

It isn't KV suicide, it's just XOSC "spoofing" isn't public, it's still out there though. Everything on the "server" can be done locally, just saying, some kids believe the "server" can do more things and that annoys me quite a bit, because it's so moronic.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Modding is a broad term. Thousands of people "mod" their consoles. However, if you are talking about hosting modified lobbies, then the answer would have to be yes. Getting your "modded" xbox online is a lot more expensive now than say 3 years ago because of all of the security measures taken now. You now have to hide behind a paid XBLS service compared to just buying a new KV. Also, most of the games now run on private servers which make it harder to "mod" such as CoD: Ghosts. There are exploits out there, though, they just aren't generally released for free usage. After all, why give away something that could make you quiet a bit of spare change.
This is the kind of mentality behind my statement that the community is dead. People assume that they can't do something themselves that others have done, they assume that they "have to" pay some a$$hat for access to his stolen files then pay somebody else for a tool. All the information on how to do it yourself is out there, people just no longer have the drive to do it. Then of course, there is the MASSIVE amounts of misinformation and the people who think they know everything.

Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So what do you guys think should I still get a rgh? Or save my money for something else like new games that are coming out.

Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What are offline files btw?

Sativa

Sativa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is the kind of mentality behind my statement that the community is dead. People assume that they can't do something themselves that others have done, they assume that they "have to" pay some a$$hat for access to his stolen files then pay somebody else for a tool. All the information on how to do it yourself is out there, people just no longer have the drive to do it. Then of course, there is the MASSIVE amounts of misinformation and the people who think they know everything.
I never said that is can't be done simply that the community doesn't have the drive as a whole. That's all I'm saying.

E

Excaliburrr OG

Super Uber Leet Haxr
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just a question I have been asking myself, it doesn't seem like the old mw2 days where a lot of people were modding and stuff like that. Seems like very few people own rgh or jtags and host lobbies. What do you guys think?
Prices are overpriced and the servers are ending. People can't earn money back and lifetime costs $1300. Kids can't afford it nor can their parents.

D

dEaThBYmyHAndS

★ ke®nelM0dz ★
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an RGH that has lifetime on a server with XOSC, I host recoveries and make $300-$600 a week barely trying. There is a profit to be made if you have the time to invest.

Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an RGH that has lifetime on a server with XOSC, I host recoveries and make $300-$600 a week barely trying. There is a profit to be made if you have the time to invest.
Are you being serious? No way, how much do you charge for your recoveries? Bc if you get 300-600 without trying then I am convinced to getting one. But it seems like I am going to have to clock out a lot of money to get where you are now.

D

dEaThBYmyHAndS

★ ke®nelM0dz ★
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you being serious? No way, how much do you charge for your recoveries? Bc if you get 300-600 without trying then I am convinced to getting one. But it seems like I am going to have to clock out a lot of money to get where you are now.
Its a comparable rate. I bought my lifetime for a reasonable rate when it first came out. I work at home and do them during the day or night. Last night I worked until 3:30AM, until the server was down for maintenance. Got up at 8AM and finished up.

Bryh456

Bryh456

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its a comparable rate. I bought my lifetime for a reasonable rate when it first came out. I work at home and do them during the day or night. Last night I worked until 3:30AM, until the server was down for maintenance. Got up at 8AM and finished up.
Oh, how much do you think you spent to make 300-600 a week? If you can share it to me. If not that's perfectly fine.

Kingkat714

Kingkat714

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
"Barely trying"

Top Bottom
Login
Register