• Thread starter MR ROBOT
  • Start date
  • Views 27,950
T

Truth82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I actually think that glitches make the game better, cause it sucks once they are patched then all it is where people run around killing each other or doing the same jobs over and over, but its not something thats really that fun anymore. I also think that with each patch is when people are online the most and and when a good money or rp glitch comes out you see these forums and also gtav busy as all heck, and then once its patched stuff gets super quite

Retribution

Retribution

Dépaysement
Reporter Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Like many people, I have been playing the game since it came out, and I do believe it has run its course, and not even the next gen version will actually help it stay alive for much longer. I am level 501, have everything unlocked, garages full of modded cars, and enough money to last years, yet this makes no difference to the fact that this game is getting very boring, every update is near enough the same, and lets face it, heists are not going to do the game any favors. Glitches are getting patched quicker every time, and as for getting money now, it seems to be near impossible. Any of the excitement I had for the game, has long gone.

What do you think? Are you looking foward to the next gen version or do you think keeping GTA V alive is just a waist of time.

*waste.

Time has no waist.

Link

Link

I had eggs for breakfast, Your Mum had Sausage.
Programmer Contest Sponsor Services
Reaction score
Sin$
The game has been boring for almost a year now.

iFred

iFred

Official Se7ensins Mexican
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope, especially when it comes out for PC, the mods will be flowing.

Absim

Absim

One Take
Reaction score
Sin$
It does seen bit more boring then at the start but I still do other crazy stuff with friends.
I do feel that people are getting bored with the game but that being said I feel that people don't give some other parts of GTA Online a try like the races and death matches, some people only care about money so they can buy adders and zentornos. Therefore they spend their whole time grinding missions and obviously that type of repettive stuff does get borring. I feel that GTA would be much enjoyable if more people start spending time in deathmatch and races.
I also feel that Rockstar are neglecting the single player GTA. Rockstar really need to make a story DLC as I believe that people found the single player very fun although it was quite short.

I

iiREDNARCii

Reaction score
Sin$
-They need more things to do! Maybe being cops in freemode, so you could kill people with a goal, or cops request players when someones wanted level has been going for some time.
-Maybe missions and jobs should happen in freemode (like lesters bounty, but more better), how about just plain jobs like on SA:MP. Maybe i feel like being a hooker, or driving an ice cream truck.
-Gangs, instead of just clans, so if your in the wrong hood you die, or in your own hood thugs help you fight (like SA), and gang wars. And quick recruiting (like SA)
-More things "LIKE" high priority vehicles, that players try to get done and others try to stop them.
-BUSINESSES!!! Player owned buildings that give you money, but others can rob and you loose money you havent picked up. Or investing in already operating ones (kinda like the stocks on sp, but more physical).
-Skateboards and Bike tricks!!! (if MGS2 can do it...) They have skateparks, do something with them!!!
-Zombie freemode! I know, its everywhere, but ive always wanted a zombie outbreak on GTA. (kinda like the dayZ thing on SA:MP) Find weapons, cars, items, and safehouses.
-DARTS, TENNIS, GOLF, should ALL be done in freemode. Just make them passive. And add pool and all the other things that theyve taken out. (why take things out of games? put it back!)

I could go on. GTA has so much potential, but they always screw it up. ITS AN OPEN WORLD! MAKE IT A LIVING WORLD!!!

PsychoWhite87

PsychoWhite87

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe if all you people complaining that there is nothing left to do because you are high level and have everything unlocked with money to last lifetimes, played the game legit, you would still find fun in the game. Your mistake for modding everything in, start over a level 1 with no money and climb you way back to the top. Do missions, races and play with friends. That's where the fun is.

I did have my level modded and I do have multi-millions, but I still love playing this game. You just need to find a good group of friends and do dumb stuff like hunt each other, make races and share them with each other, find new glitches and wall breaches. Go car hunting. Yeah you probably have all the modded cars, but find a cool car that you didn't mod in, and upgrade it and make it yours.

MR ROBOT

MR ROBOT

The empire on which the sun never sets
Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe if all you people complaining that there is nothing left to do because you are high level and have everything unlocked with money to last lifetimes, played the game legit, you would still find fun in the game. Your mistake for modding everything in, start over a level 1 with no money and climb you way back to the top. Do missions, races and play with friends. That's where the fun is.

I did have my level modded and I do have multi-millions, but I still love playing this game. You just need to find a good group of friends and do dumb stuff like hunt each other, make races and share them with each other, find new glitches and wall breaches. Go car hunting. Yeah you probably have all the modded cars, but find a cool car that you didn't mod in, and upgrade it and make it yours.
Once you have everything you don't really want to start again, they really need to add stuff to unlock when you reach a high level, and maybe some very expensive cars for the Billionaires, but I know rockstar won't do that because it is not considered fair, it's for that reason they keep adding all rare cars to the websites for us to buy and the reason we lost all the major modded cars and most money glitches, people should not loose things that make the game fun, just because other people are too lazy to do it for themselves. Rockstar ruined the game back when they removed the snow cars ect, and over the last few months by adding Trevor's blazer ect they have been killing the game step by step.

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
i still enjoy gta, its the only game where i can fly choppers around a huge sandbox with a slew of weapons at my disposal. you just gotta make your own fun

P

Pulse

Just by taking a quick look at the 'Modded Lobbies' section, particularly how well the pinned topics are doing, I'd say there's proof that the game is still alive.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/grand-theft-auto-v-modded-lobbies.464/

The reason that I say this, is because I'm comparing GTA V's process of decay to that of Black Ops. Modding becomes less desirable, servers are empty/lessen as far as size, ect.

At this point in time, GTA V Online is no where near 'dead.'

If it was, Rockstar wouldn't bring it to the next generation; think about how much they'll lose in terms of millions if GTA V is dead for the next generation. They obviously thought it out before diving in to such a decision.

Pianist Prodigy

Pianist Prodigy

Retired
Retired
Legendary Veteran MotM Contest Sponsor
Reaction score
Sin$
There is still good amount people that are still playing the game.

CloudTheWolf

CloudTheWolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I posted the answer to the title, that's all so stop being a captain obvious. GTA V is dead no matter what, the economy in the game was so fragile that it would have survived if money was never exploited. Rockstar got screwed royally on their own game.
This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm sorry but rockstar got screwed? WHAT? Are you freaking kidding me? How did rockstar get screwed? They made $7 billion in the opening week. They're going to make the same with the new current gen release at least $2 billion.. In the opening week they made their money back on that game 20 fold. You my friend buy in to their crap. Face it, rockstar is another greedy corporation just like EA. Nothing anyone will ever do can change that. I received $70 MIL from the wonderful NillxModz . After that, I went and I calculated how much it would take in real life money to get that through shark cards. 70,000,000 divided by 1,250,000 (the amount of a 20.00 shark card) equaled 56. 56 x 20 came out to $1,120. $1120. In real life money. To get what I got from a modder. Rockstar is rolling in cash. They did not get screwed over.

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This game would be live again if R* gave up on banning people for money. So what if players have billions of dollars? GTA is more fun that way because people are more focused on having fun experiences, not worrying about going broke, and definitely not grinding for cash to purchase the exorbitantly priced goods in the game.
Face it, rockstar is another greedy corporation just like EA.
70,000,000 divided by 1,250,000 (the amount of a 20.00 shark card) equaled 56. 56 x 20 came out to $1,120. $1120. In real life money. To get what I got from a modder. Rockstar is rolling in cash.
^ Truest statements about what R* has become.

J

JustChilling

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm sorry but rockstar got screwed? WHAT? Are you freaking kidding me? How did rockstar get screwed? They made $7 billion in the opening week. They're going to make the same with the new current gen release at least $2 billion.. In the opening week they made their money back on that game 20 fold. You my friend buy in to their crap. Face it, rockstar is another greedy corporation just like EA. Nothing anyone will ever do can change that. I received $70 MIL from the wonderful NillxModz . After that, I went and I calculated how much it would take in real life money to get that through shark cards. 70,000,000 divided by 1,250,000 (the amount of a 20.00 shark card) equaled 56. 56 x 20 came out to $1,120. $1120. In real life money. To get what I got from a modder. Rockstar is rolling in cash. They did not get screwed over.
You sound a little too mad. They got screwed because they put so much effort into the game to make it economy based, the lack of money was what kept the game alive. Maybe they added overpriced cash cards, any company would. All I was saying is that the economy was kept alive by the lack of money

criminal akademiks

criminal akademiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Face it, GTA V for last gen was the beta. They used it to find all the exploits and bugs and now they're ready to actually release it for what its supposed to be. I don't support it and think its greedy to release it and claim its a full game only to show us that's its completely broken, but that's most likely the truth. What broke the game the most was the money hacking and glitches, even though they made the game fun for the time being. Now, after losing the billions and living the carefree life, its hard to return to GTA Online and have to worry about spending money, I have enough of that in normal life.
But to answer your question, its not dead YET. There's still plenty of people playing, but probably 10% of what used to play.

B

Blake Alverson

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
You can't store ANY cool vehicles unless your a modder, its GTA, GRAND THEFT AUTO, I want to put what I want in my garage. The game sucks, I went from playing it everyday, to if I happen to check out this section and find out there is a new DLC i'll buy everything, hate it all, hop off, and play destiny or nba. They need to do something, nobody on my friends list plays it anymore. R* messed this one up.

Joshy

Joshy

Premium
Glitcher Mythical Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea it's getting dead! Hard to get on since all the other updates are similar and not too different: some futuristic cars would be nice.

Top Bottom
Login
Register