What's new

Solved Is a downgrade possible?

P

parapoo

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I have just purchased a new Xbox 360E with an RGH.

Unfortunately it came with dash 16756 and Dashlaunch 3.12 wont let me save any changes to the hard drive as it is not compatible. E.g. I cannot enable Liveblock and then save the change.

So I was wondering whether it is possible for me to downgrade a brand new retail 360e which came with 16756 pre-loaded?

And does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do so?

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi I have just purchased a new Xbox 360E with an RGH.

Unfortunately it came with dash 16756 and Dashlaunch 3.12 wont let me save any changes to the hard drive as it is not compatible. E.g. I cannot enable Liveblock and then save the change.

So I was wondering whether it is possible for me to downgrade a brand new retail 360e which came with 16756 pre-loaded?

And does anyone have a good tutorial on how to do so?

1. Never do anything "retail" or you will be ruining your RGH you just paid for.

2. Dashlaunch 3.12 is not supported on you dash, as you already see. To fix this you must find the unofficial xebuild 16756 and take the dashlaunch in the folders and put that on your xbox, It has the required patches for your dash.

3. You can also downgrade your dashboard as far as the dashboard that the hack was preformed on. IE if he did the rgh on a 16756 retail xbox, You can ONLY downgrade to 16756 meaning you can't do anything. (jrunner should be able to tell you what dashboard your original nand is from)

4. If you downgrade your xbox to say 16747 you WILL NOT be able to access any LIVE features without again updating your xbox.

P

parapoo

Reaction score
Sin$
1. Never do anything "retail" or you will be ruining your RGH you just paid for.

2. Dashlaunch 3.12 is not supported on you dash, as you already see. To fix this you must find the unofficial xebuild 16756 and take the dashlaunch in the folders and put that on your xbox, It has the required patches for your dash.

3. You can also downgrade your dashboard as far as the dashboard that the hack was preformed on. IE if he did the rgh on a 16756 retail xbox, You can ONLY downgrade to 16756 meaning you can't do anything. (jrunner should be able to tell you what dashboard your original nand is from)

4. If you downgrade your xbox to say 16747 you WILL NOT be able to access any LIVE features without again updating your xbox.

Wow.
That is an unbelievably useful answer.
Thank you. Its really made things clearer.
The only query I have left is that you mentioned never to do anything 'retail'. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean don't put any retail discs in? Or don't use any official update files?

Thanks again for the info.
I'm going to look into how to apply the unofficial xebuild 16756 dashlaunch.

Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow.
That is an unbelievably useful answer.
Thank you. Its really made things clearer.
The only query I have left is that you mentioned never to do anything 'retail'. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean don't put any retail discs in? Or don't use any official update files?

Thanks again for the info.
I'm going to look into how to apply the unofficial xebuild 16756 dashlaunch.

Never update the dashboard with a M$ offiical update, Always rebuild your nand or use the auto update method described in the tutorial my signature is linked to.

Unless you know for sure you are on the newest dashboard then the only update it will ask you for is the avatar and kinect data which is safe to download.

Top Bottom
Login
Register