1. Want to help spread the Se7ensins cheer throughout the PC gaming community? Check out a little project one of our staff members is working on for CS:GO! More information concerning this can be found by clicking here.

Xbox 360 Im having a problem with Gibbed's Borderlands 2 save editor

Discussion in 'Borderlands 2 Modding Support' started by TheRocketJosh, Dec 11, 2012 with 11 replies and 20,150 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRocketJosh

TheRocketJosh Enthusiast

Im trying to mod my gamesave but Its not letting me open my gave save, I keep getting this error: Failed to load save: cannot load XBOX 360 CON files, extract save using modio or equivalent.
    I tryed extracting the save data from horizon and modio but both don't work!
    What should i do?[​IMG]

iP4Y likes this.
  2. Scyron

Scyron Newbie

Download the program Horizon and use that to extract your gamesave

Link to Horizon:
    http://www.xboxmb.com/horizon/
    Just click the green download button. After you have that downloaded plug in the flashdrive (or whatever you're using to move the gamesave between your computer and xbox) then open horizon. After that follow the below steps.

1. Click the down arrow on your device in the right column
    2. Click on games
    3. Click on Borderlands 2
    4. Drag the gamesave into the space to the left of the column
    5. Click on the contents tab

After all of that is done make sure you have two different folders that you know you can find the file from. Right click on SaveGame.sav and hit extract, extract this file into one of the two folders you just made. Open the gibbed save editor and open that file instead of the one you were trying to open. After you're done editing save the newly edited SaveGame.sav into the second folder you made. Go back to horizon (If you closed horizon follow steps 1 - 6 again) and once you're back at the contents tab right click the SaveGame.sav. Click replace and find the edited SaveGame.sav that you saved into the second folder and replace the current SaveGame.sav that is in the actual borderlands 2 save with the new modded SaveGame. Hit the orange Save, Rehash, and Resign button and you're all done. All you do after that is move the xbox save from the device back onto your xbox and play on the modded save.

3. TheRocketJosh

TheRocketJosh Enthusiast

I Already did all of that but it did not work when i extracted the gamesave to the desktop it went to save0001.sav and when i went to open it in gibbed I got that error in the picture.

iP4Y likes this.
  4. TheRocketJosh

TheRocketJosh Enthusiast

Wait i got it, but now i have a new Error, fail to load save : invalid or unsupported version

iP4Y likes this.
  5. xJayDeex

xJayDeex Enthusiast

Update you editor.

6. TheRocketJosh

TheRocketJosh Enthusiast

I got it all working thanks guys :smile:

iP4Y likes this.
  7. Dirty Dobb

Dirty Dobb Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue, can you please post how you got it to work?

8. Squelched

Squelched Newbie

Where is the update? Even Gibb's main site only has 142. Can you post a link? Or pm me it?

How? Did you find an update? Where can I get it?

9. blakwidowstang

blakwidowstang Borderlands 2 MacGyver

142 is the newest verion. Go Here to fix your error. You must select your platform in the bottom right corner when opening.

10. Muffin360

Muffin360 Newbie

I am still having troubles with the first error mentioned. I made sure to select xbox360 files and I'm still getting the same error. I followed the instructions on how to use Horizon, and I have the most recent version of Gibb (142). Anyone got any ideas?

11. blakwidowstang

blakwidowstang Borderlands 2 MacGyver

If you're getting the "cannot load Xbox CON files" error you're not extracting your SaveGame.sav from you Save0001.sav (Check the post by Scyron above for instructions) . If you're getting a reencode mismatch error, you need to update your editor to rev 142 (Download from the first post Here). If you're getting invalid or unsupported version you're not selecting xbox as your platform in the open menu (refer to the images Here to see what I mean).

12. Muffin360

Muffin360 Newbie

Thanks alot! I didn't follow the instructions with horizon as well as i had thought. My bad :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.