What's new

Discussion i think i have a method for a bypass

shaunr

shaunr

Propane and propane accessories
Reaction score
Sin$
So instead of getting around the update, i was thinking to make it so there is no update to have to get around. (i don't mean by clearing the cache either)

so in the HD or memcard there's a cache folder. this is what im guessing has all the updates in it. so i cleared the cache first, then played gta4 and updated it so the gta 4 update files were the only things in the cache.

So there's a bunch of files that you can't open to modify, so what do you do? you find some null files, just files with like no info on it and make copies of them and then name each one the same name and extension of the files in the cache folder. then replace the original ones in the cache with the null ones. the files' name and extensions will be the same. the game should verify the updates are there by seeing the file name and they will do nothing, and you are good to go.

Here's the cache folder: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Now i need someone who might know what kind of file to use to replace the original files with. i have heard of a null file, with the extension .null. I would think this would be the thing to use. maybe someone can help me out?

XxIReVenGexX TK

XxIReVenGexX TK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
WHEN U GET RID OF CACHE OR MODIFY IT
YOUR JUST GONNA GET THE UPDATE ON XBOX LIVE ANYWAY WHATS THE POINT

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
why would they try to give you something you already have? and that how this would work.

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
wait. where do i find that folder?

EDIT: ok. holy **** *****. i think i came extremely close. so what i did was make all the file xml files. no content the only thing to read was the file name. so i replaced all the files and put in my HD. it said i had to update it. i did. updated really fast. like 5 times faster than before. then the disk started playing. my modded disk. only problem was that the load screen kept going and looping so i turned it off.

am i close? there was one file i left out (didn't replace) becayse i opened it in textedit and saw a bunch of random characters but thn i saw all the names from my friends list. so i thought id keep it?

so. anyone care? i could have something here.

STRATEGIZER

STRATEGIZER

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
shaunr honest to god your not the first person to do this & think they may have found something :S you cant change/delete a patch to play online. there is no point in messing with you cache because it wont do anything :thumbdown: the real bypass is in the common/dlc or if its possible :frown:

T

trustiestbullet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yep and i guess its in networktest.dat u can add a new line after object types like DEFAULT common:/data/default.dat

just need to rename it

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
STRATEGIZER said:
shaunr honest to god your not the first person to do this & think they may have found something :S you cant change/delete a patch to play online. there is no point in messing with you cache because it wont do anything :thumbdown: the real bypass is in the common/dlc or if its possible :frown:

wait. what if i found a file and inside i see the words "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV TITLE UPDATE #6.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
shaunr said:
wait. what if i found a file and inside i see the words "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV TITLE UPDATE #6.

Shaun, this is exactly what i tried. The patch is no editable (now i know) The overide has to be done in the common & DLC

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
tim008 said:
Shaun, this is exactly what i tried. The patch is no editable (now i know) The overide has to be done in the common & DLC

but there has to be some way.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I tried removing everything from the GTA PATCH title to the bit at the bottom about TLOTD, asked for new update. Then i edited a couple of characters to roll the patch back, still asked for new update. Theres no way to edit the "Data000**" files either, even in HEX editor :huh:

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
then i guess the common will have to be edited

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
If i had my other xbox back from repair, id have a crack. But by the time it gets from from microcrap, the patch will of been bypassed. BTW whats your GT? :cool:

shaunr

shaunr

Reaction score
Sin$
hedgehogzs. im not accepting any friend requests but you can send me a message and ill sne u one back.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Same here (even got that in my bio) was sick of declining up to 10 requests a night :huh:Will message you a bit later when im on :cool:

Top Bottom
Login
Register