• Thread starter Savuj
  • Start date
  • Views 348
Savuj

Savuj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have never rooted or have even attempted to root a android device before. I have the first gen htc one and was wondering which way would be the safest to root it? I need a way that's at least 95% sure going to work without messing up my phone.. Wayyy to broke to buy a new phone, but I'm really wanting to root it so, please someone point me to a great tutorial. 
Meant for this to be in the support, not tutorial section... My bad.

bak0n

bak0n

I'm dead inside
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to unlock the bootloader if it is locked to root but a simple google search can help anyone in thier problems :wink:

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just did mine a couple months ago. It's really simple and plenty of tuts if you Google it. Basically you unlock the boot loader, write a custom recovery, then you can flash whatever rom you want. It will leave it s-on though, which basically means there is still some security on the phone so it's near impossible to actually brick it.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Sunshine is the best and easiest way. Only downside is that it costs $25. Totally worth it though.

http://theroot.ninja/
Forgive me if I'm wrong as I'm relatively new to the android scene, sunshine is only used for s-off. It's not used for unlocking the boot loader. You need a HTC dev account for that.

Bear

Bear

Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Forgive me if I'm wrong as I'm relatively new to the android scene, sunshine is only used for s-off. It's not used for unlocking the boot loader. You need a HTC dev account for that.
I believe Sunshine unlocks your bootloader too without having to do the HTC Dev gibberish.

HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe Sunshine unlocks your bootloader too without having to do the HTC Dev gibberish.
Touche sales man. Bmdownside is it's still costs money. The dev way is free.

Top Bottom
Login
Register