1. Think you have what it takes to join staff? Click here and check out the Staff thread to find out more information!
  2. Looking to spice up your game collection with a copy of the highly anticipated Bungie title Destiny? Hop on your ship and engage its hyper drive, this contest is going to be a heated one! Visit the contest by clicking here.
  3. Hello Guest, our very own Vanilla Minecraft Server is now up! Be sure to grab a few friends and check out the server here so that you guys can start your very own faction! Check it out HERE!

How to use your PS3 Controller on your PC

Discussion in 'PlayStation 3 Modding & Tutorials' started by gk911turbo, Dec 16, 2008 with 2 replies and 20,002 views.

1. gk911turbo

gk911turbo Enthusiast

This tutorial was written by Chase Lambeth for PS3 Hacks - Hacks, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities. Hack Sony Play Station Portable.
    This may not be posted on any other site without giving credit to PS3-Hacks.com & Chase Lambeth
    Video: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Pg0x1VbAlg]YouTube - Using The PS3 Controller On Windows XP[/ame]

For WINDOWS XP & Higher!

=========Info=========
    Use your PS3 SIXAXIS for your PC Games
    Credits: Chase Lambeth & PS3-Hacks.com
    AIM S/N: UnSecretly
    PSN: Chase_Lambeth
    Website: PS3 Hacks - Hacks, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities. Hack Sony Play Station Portable
    Video: [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=9Pg0x1VbAlg]YouTube - Using The PS3 Controller On Windows XP[/ame]
    =======End Of Info=======

=========Steps========
    1.) Download PS3 Sixaxis Win32 Driver! Link: Download latest PS3 utilities, tools, cracks and hacks.
    2.) Download JoytoKey! Link: Zophar's Domain
    3.) Once all them files have been download and installed, and they work on your PC you can move on to step 4.
    4.) To set up JoytoKey click on the Create button. Call the Config Playstation 3 or PS3.
    5.) Go to Control Panel > Printers Or Other Hardware > Game Controllers
    6.) You should see PLAYSTATION(R)3 Controller next go to Properties now you should see buttons 1 - 19.
    7.) Click a button on the controller and watch one of the number light up, that means that button is that button number.
    8.) Go back to JoytoKey and you will see button numbers and beside that disabled, double click the button that you made light up and config it to what you want that button to do.
    =======End Of Steps======

If you would like to use the controller for a mouse then do this.
    =========Steps========
    1.) Find the Left, Right, Up, Down on JoytoKey
    2.) Double click left and go to the mouse tab.
    3.) Move the cursor movements to the left intill the number gets to -72.
    4.) Do that will all them.. heres the Config list.
    Left = -72
    Right = 72
    For up and down you will be using the up and down scroll bar not the side 2 side one used in left & right.
    Up = 72
    Down = -72

If you would like to make the X button and the Circle button Click & Right Click then do this.
    =========Steps========
    1.) Find and double click button 14 on JoytoKey
    2.) Click the right button check box and hit ok.
    3.) Find and double click button 15 on JoytoKey
    4.) Click the left button check box and hit ok.

Well there we have it, I'm playing GTA: SA with my controller.. its fun when you don't have to use the keyboard to do it!

If you find any error, or bugs, or typos please PM me do not post on this thread and say it.

This tutorial was written by Chase Lambeth for PS3 Hacks - Hacks, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities. Hack Sony Play Station Portable.
    This may not be posted on any other site without giving credit to PS3-Hacks.com & Chase Lambeth

For WINDOWS XP & Higher!

=========Info=========
    Use your PS3 SIXAXIS for your PC Games
    Credits: Chase Lambeth & PS3-Hacks.com
    AIM S/N: UnSecretly
    PSN: Chase_Lambeth
    Website: PS3 Hacks - Hacks, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities. Hack Sony Play Station Portable
    =======End Of Info=======

All credit given to Chase Lambeth for Creating this tutorial

FOUND AT PS3 Hacks - Hacks, Cracks, Mods, Homebrew, Utilities. Hack Sony Play Station Portable

2. WeEdSmOkA

WeEdSmOkA Newbie

i can see the controller in my devices list, but it doesnt do anything when i press any buttons on it. the lights on the top just flash, and it does not register the button press.
    1 person likes this.
  3. WeEdSmOkA

WeEdSmOkA Newbie

nvm, i figured it out, had to use MotioninJoy instead of JoytoKey, though, and it works perfectly now.