What's new

Tutorial How to use a VPN on your console.

• Thread starter Austin
  • Start date
  • Views 1,895
Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Works on modified consoles and retail consoles.
I will make a tutorial for macs when I can get mine working, or if anyone could pm me if they already know the steps for a mac, it would be appreciated!
Now if you're using a stealth server this is pretty irrelevant as most servers have ip-address spoofing and mac address spoofing. It really depends on what server you decide to look into.

Anyway I use offline files so I don't want my retail consoles getting banned, therefore the use of a VPN.

Things you will need:
- Playstation Console (Has to be wired)
- Ethernet cable to go from your pc to console
- VPN Service.
1. Purchase a VPN service of your choice.(or use a free one like cyber ghost)

2. Make sure you have an active connection to your VPN.

3. Go to "network and sharing center" then "change adapter settings".

4. Go to your VPN and click "properties"

5. Put in your host, then go to options tab and make "redial attempts" 99 and check "redial if line is dropped".

6. Go to the security tab and use PPTP connection and ONLY check "Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2, also for "data encryption" put it at maximum strength encryption.

7. Now go to the network tab and ONLY check "Internet Protocol Verison 4 (TCP/IPv4)

8. Last what you have to do is check "Allow other network users to connect trough this computer's Internet connection" and set it as "Local Area Connection"(ethernat cord). Also check "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet Connection".

Well guys hopefully that helped out anyone who has offline files or a server that doesn't spoof ip or mac address' or if you just want to use a VPN.

Happy Modding - Rusty

emmalopez

emmalopez

Reaction score
Sin$
That's good information but I am not sure its better to use free VPN for gaming.. There are some good low cost vpn available that you can use on your gaming console. The one I would recommend is PureVPN that is best for online gaming.

Last edited:
Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes but if people don't want or have the money for a vpn: thats why I say that, but yes a paid vpn is worth it.

SigmaticLegend

SigmaticLegend

Legends never die, they just get better.
Reaction score
Sin$
That's good information but I am not sure its better to use free VPN for gaming.. There are some good low cost vpn available that you can use on your gaming console. The one I would recommend is PureVPN that is best for online gaming.

You are right. You should NEVER use a free VPN for gaming. More times than not you will still get lagswitched and DDoSed out of lobbies of you play CoD based games. When you use a VPN you still need DDoS protection. And when you use a VPN you have to do it wirelessly from your Console to your PC.

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't have too but if you REALLY want too you can. Not suggested but you can if you don't have the money.

SigmaticLegend

SigmaticLegend

Legends never die, they just get better.
Reaction score
Sin$
I NEVER go online on my console without a VPN unless I'm in a solo private combat training room trying to sharpen my FPS skills a bit and I know my IP address isn't exposed to anyone else.

XeX_Virus

XeX_Virus

Reaction score
Sin$
Great tutorial, will definitely use for my Jailbroken PS3 console.

Top Bottom
Login
Register