How to Update JTAG RGH NAND to Dash 16747, Easiest Way Possible!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Modding & Tutorials' started by Big_Ddog, Dec 15, 2013 with 160 replies and 24,125 views.

1. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

I will update when the new dashlaunch gets released. For now build your nands like usual.

I made an Autoupdate folder for you guys that includes everything. Just click and run the command :wink:.

Today I am going to show you just how easy it is to update your JTAG/RGH Xbox 360 game console with XeBuild's new built in updater. Thank you to the team behind XeBuild for your ongoing support of the xbox console and for always keeping us up to date, without you there would be no xbox 360 scene.

First thing you need to do is download XeBuild, Dashlaunch, 16747 and the common packages. Which are all included my Auto Update Folder.

Next Open Dashlaunch 3.12 Update if it asks you too, then set the updserv to Enabled
    [​IMG]

Next Open your Auto Update Folder -

1)Go to Xebuild 1.12 -
    2) in the window hold Shif+Right click
    3) Hit Open command window here

[​IMG]

Then type:

If you are having problems and your xbox is not being found and you have followed the steps properly, You can force xebuild to look at the ip address your xbox is on. Also make sure your computers firewall is not blocking the attempted connection.

Press enter and stand back and watch XeBuild work it's magic! XeBuild
    will now read your NAND, create an updated freeBOOT image for you,
    flash it to your NAND and then apply the Avatar and Kinect data to your
    console.

[​IMG]

When it is done the console will reboot and you will have the updated kernal and your avatar data already installed.

Auto Update Folder-Dash-16747

Now wasn't that easy? Thank you XeBuild!
    Credits to Jpizzle for the original tut, this is my version.

Edit: Added a auto update folder with all files necessary to use with a short read me.

Edit 2: A member posted having to wait quite awhile (3+ Mins) --- Make sure you are on a WIRED connection. He had troubles as he had a wireless connection.

Edit 3: This will work on Dual nand consoles

Edit 4: If your updating your xbox remove your plugins as xblse plugin will make your xbox not boot.
    To fix either:

A: Power on xbox then press eject to clear your plugins.
    B: Put a new launch.ini on a usb and plug it into your system, USB will take priority.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  2. xBoSS_KiiNG

xBoSS_KiiNG Newbie

dash 16547 :frown:

3. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Why bother posting? I will update it when the new dash comes out. besides its not like you won't be able to run any games. Common now patience is a virtue...

4. YouAintReady4ME

YouAintReady4ME Enthusiast

so im right in thinking that this will get my 16537 kernal jtag onto 16547 hassle free and i dont need my original nand dump?

5. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Exactly bud, It will do EVERYTHING for ya, Including the avatar and kinect data.

Just remember that this thread hasn't been updated with the new dashlaunch (as it hasn't come out)
    So if you update then you will have to make a launch.ini to use as dashlaunch will just freeze on you right now.

Sharkninja and YouAintReady4ME like this.
  6. YouAintReady4ME

okay but dashlaunch isnt ABSOLUTELY necessary right? only to boot into FSD upon boot?
    btw im new to jtag

7. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Exactly, and it also will set any of the other options for you like fake live, or contpatch etc. But as you say its not absolutely necessary.

Also if your not hosting or modding in any way, There is no point in updating. every game will still play fine. Heck I was on dash 16203 and was still playing games that said they needed 16537 ex "Need for speed rivals"

8. YouAintReady4ME

but i would like to mod online with my friends in pvt games via XBLSE as i have never used XBLSE before do i need dashlaunch for it?

9. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Yes I believe you need dashlaunch for Xblse,

I know there are some people using xblse with a patched dashlaunch, I saw a few with 3.08 running on 16547 but, I don't know if xblse gave it to them or if they manually patched it for themselves.

10. YouAintReady4ME

oh dayumm may aswell wait then!
    if the 16547 files are floating about then how come xebuild has no new version out? i wonder :S

11. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

YouAintReady4ME likes this.
  12. YouAintReady4ME

13. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Not a problem my man, Enjoy :smile:.

YouAintReady4ME likes this.
  14. Ez Sweep

Ez Sweep Premium Premium

Where is the 16547 folder in the XeBuild rar?

15. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

I was replying to you on your other message but I'll just post it here.

Did you download the 16547 folder with system updates in the download links I provided at the bottom of the tutorial?

You need to unrar that, and move it into your xebuild folder that has all the other dashboards.

16. Ez Sweep

Ez Sweep Premium Premium

17. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Yup, just move that folder into there. Then hold shift and right click on an empty part, and go to open command window here.

Type xebuild update -f 16547 and sit back and watch it dump your nand, determine which hack you need, and add everything else for you. It will reset your xbox and you should be good to go.

Just remember Dashlaunch 3.10 is not supported, so it will freeze.

I've heard some people are able to use 3.08. I am not one of them.

18. Ez Sweep

Ez Sweep Premium Premium

Wait..I am done now? That's it?

19. Big_Ddog

Big_Ddog Contributor

Yup as long as you saw all the stuff showing it dumping the nand, and adding avatar updates. and it reset your xbox. You should be golden my man, Just start er up and you should be on dash 16547

20. Ez Sweep

Ez Sweep Premium Premium

Can you send me the newest dashlaunch?