• Start date
  • Views 13,284
Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
E3_Nor_Flasher.jpg
So there has been an E3 Flasher clone released onto the market and most people do not know how to tell the difference. Well here is a small guide to show you the differences, I will also include a list of sites at the bottom that are trusted sellers of the original real E3 Flasher.

download2.jpg
Above you can see both flashers side by side, now if you did not know what to look for the fake one could easily pass, that is until you go to use it to downgrade your PS3 and it doesn't work or you end up with a bricked console. But anyways please look carefully at the above picture, look at the PCB lines how they are completely different from each other. Also, the real flasher ALWAYS comes with a metal bracket that has a white paper back to protect the bottom of the mainboard, so if yours did not come with this you might want to double check it! The next part you need to look at is at the area around the reset button on the top of the mainboard, there should be small clear device right next to the button, if you do not have that on yours it is fake. Also, if you turn the mainboard over and look at the bottom left there should not be any numbers there, if you see numbers then you have a fake flasher.
images1.jpg
images3.jpg
download5.jpg
I hope this helps you figure out if you have an original or fake flasher, if you have further questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer them!

TRUSTED SELLERS FOR REAL E3 FLASHER:

XeDK

XeDK

XeDK
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a good question
Do they do the same thing and have the same out come?

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a good question
Do they do the same thing and have the same out come?

My buddy ended up buying a fake one a month ago and he got half way through flashing back his dump to his console to finish the downgrade process when his Flasher just shut off and would not turn back on, which is weird because the clip that attaches to the NOR chip is what powers the flashers and the console still had power running to it but the Flasher was dead :wideyed: He tried 2 of my brand new extra clips just to see if it was a bad clip and nothing, but as soon as I swapped his Flasher out for mine everything worked fine. So I guess you could say it is hit or miss if you end up with a fake, which is bad since these things are already so d@mn fragile :facepalm:

Reaper

Reaper

Shoot.Move.Communicate
Reaction score
Sin$
Didn't know fake ones were being made. :eek:

I didn't know either until a few weeks ago when my buddy ended up having one, needless to say he was extremely p*ssed of when he couldn't finish his downgrade and ended calling me to borrow mine.

DJ_metamorphsis

DJ_metamorphsis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hey guys i bought an E3 flasher from dhgate.com from a vender in china it sys Brand New E3 nor flasher is it a lagit one i paid 43.94 For it

Top Bottom
Login
Register