What's new

Discussion how to tell if host in pregame lobby?

• Thread starter PapaDoc
  • Start date
  • Views 1,210
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PapaDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
im used to seeing shotguns leave before a match starts, they say its because they dont play games unless they are host. i ask them how they can tell if they are host before the game starts, but they never tell me.

how can you tell if you are host before the game starts?

B

BubaKush

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
pretty sure you can tell because it wont say migrating host, not to sure on that tho as i havent played bo2 in forever

FineNerdsS7

FineNerdsS7

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
im used to seeing shotguns leave before a match starts, they say its because they dont play games unless they are host. i ask them how they can tell if they are host before the game starts, but they never tell me.

how can you tell if you are host before the game starts?
You can tell if you're host when you are in the lobby by yourself... or if when the game is loading you can hear the guns clicking, or the countdown timer.

R

Resityardwen

Reaction score
Sin$
You can tell if you are currently the host in a lobby before loading the map if you've got a network monitoring program that shows "active" UDP connections to the same amount of players that are in the lobby (aside from yourself). in 99% of the case, the port number will be 3074.

Personally, I've found netlimiter to be quite useful for this purpose.

However, as soon as the countdown starts (at least 3 players have pressed ready), the game will (unless certain DVARS have been tampered with) attempt to reevaluate who would be the best host.

As soon as the loading screen appears, the status message will say "Awaiting connection" or something similar, if you are not the host.
If you are the host, that status message will never appear. Instead, it will say "Awaiting challange" or something like that.

The audio firing up (the click and wind- sound sample iirc) only means your client is done precaching and loading the map, and is now waiting for the other players to finish so the game can start.

EDIT: by "active UDP connections", I mean connections to/from other IP addresses that has transfered data "recently" (10 seconds or so), as UDP connections kinda are bones with ray guns (throw data/ammo at the target and don't pay any attention to if you hit) :wink:

xIIJazza

xIIJazza

Collecting gym badges.®
Free Hoster Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Aslong as you don't move in the pregame lobby or anyone in that fact then you're the host. :smile:

DERK6116

DERK6116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can tell if you are currently the host in a lobby before loading the map if you've got a network monitoring program that shows "active" UDP connections to the same amount of players that are in the lobby (aside from yourself). in 99% of the case, the port number will be 3074.

Personally, I've found netlimiter to be quite useful for this purpose.

However, as soon as the countdown starts (at least 3 players have pressed ready), the game will (unless certain DVARS have been tampered with) attempt to reevaluate who would be the best host.

As soon as the loading screen appears, the status message will say "Awaiting connection" or something similar, if you are not the host.
If you are the host, that status message will never appear. Instead, it will say "Awaiting challange" or something like that.

The audio firing up (the click and wind- sound sample iirc) only means your client is done precaching and loading the map, and is now waiting for the other players to finish so the game can start.

EDIT: by "active UDP connections", I mean connections to/from other IP addresses that has transfered data "recently" (10 seconds or so), as UDP connections kinda are bones with ray guns (throw data/ammo at the target and don't pay any attention to if you hit) :wink:
ok so i want to use this program and i dont know how could you help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register