• Start date
  • Views 16,813
F

Frog 7s

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Credit goes to, EvilDxtreme

If links are down, feel free to let me know, i (frog 7s) will re-up them)

How to install the new FreeStyleDash 2.0alpha

Things provided:

-FreeStyle folder
-Config File for the Paths of your content
-Five separate folders to place each type of content in.

Files can be downloaded from Here:

Megaupload
Code:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U5WRLC6W

Lets get started!

1. Extract the contents of the winrar file I have provided to your Desktop. In this file there will be four folders: freestyle2, Root, launch, and fsd2data.

2. We need to place the "freestyle2" folder were it goes as there is to possible choices. You can put this either on the root of your external hdd or the root of your xbox hdd. It really doesn't matter as it is small in size. The shortcut I provided will only work if its on the external hdd.

3. Now we need to open the "Root" folder.

Inside will be five folders:

-applications (Homebrew)
-Content (XBLA)
-Emulators (Emulators)
-Games (360 games)
-xbox1 (xbox1 games)

Again the folders have two possible places were they can be placed as well and this is the root of your external hdd or xbox hdd. Either way the five folders must stay together.
Once these folders are filled with the different types of content they will take up a lot of space so you really need to think long term. External in most cases would be a better choice as it can be purchased in greater memory space. Also it would be very easy to upgrade by copying and pasting to a larger hdd.

4. OK the "0007000" folder you extracted to your desktop needs to go in your "xbox hdd". This will make a shortcut icon in your stock game library to access the FreeStyleDash. So access your xbox hdd by any means you have whether it is a data transfercable, ftp, or Xexmenu.

-Once you have access to it open the third partition\ (hdd1)
-Once in the third partition you will see a "content" folder open it.
-Now you will see a folder called "0000000000000000" open it.
-Now you will see a folder called "C0DE999" open it and place that "00007000" in there. (If C0DE999 is not there make one)(also If you already have the 00007000 don't overwrite it, just place the file in the one you have).

Example: Hdd1:/content/000000---/C0DE999\00007000\FSD@Alpha
xbox hdd\partition 3\content/000000---/C0DE999\00007000\FSD@Alpha

5. Hook the external hdd up to the console. !important! When doing this always hook the usb cable to the port in the "back side" of your console were the wireless adaptor would normally go. This is Usb0 and is used by default by the freestyledash. The two Usb ports up front are Usb1 and Usb2. later you'll see why this must be done.

6. Now turn on your console and go into freestyle. The first time you enter freestyle it will ask you were you want to store your data. The options are Usb or hdd. If you are using an external hdd you want to choose usb as all the artwork and videos can add up to a lot.

Once FreeStyle has opened up you will not see any games, XBLA and others at first. If you hang out for about five minutes every time you go into it it will finally detect all your content.

7. So what we can do is edit the "fsd2config" file to force Freestyle to detect you content at startup. This will not be to hard as I have done this for you and all you will have to do is replace that file with the one you extracted to your desktop.

So hook the external hdd back to your computer and open it up. You will notice you have a new folder on it. "fsd2data"

8. Now open the folder on your desktop "fsd2data" and highlight the "fsd2conig" and overite the one in the new folder that FreeSyle put on you external hdd.

Notes............

If you decide to put your content in different locations look at this example to code you <\paths>!

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<config>
<locale>fr-FR</locale>
<paths>
<!--    Retail and devkit attributes are used to configure the tab on which
the title is displayed if it is a retail or devkit executable.
Options are: 360, HOMEBREW, EMULATOR and XBOX1 (can be left blank).
Example: <path retail='360' devkit='EMULATOR'>hdd1:\emulators</path> -->
<path retail='360' devkit='360'>usb0:\CONTENT\0000000000000000\</path>
<path retail='360' devkit='360'>hdd1:\CONTENT\0000000000000000\</path>
<path retail='360' devkit='360'>usb0:\GAMES\</path>
<path retail='360' devkit='360'>hdd1:\GAMES\</path>
<path retail='XBOX1' devkit='XBOX1'>usb0:\XBOX1\</path>
<path retail='XBOX1' devkit='XBOX1'>hdd1:\XBOX1\</path>
<path retail='HOMEBREW' devkit='HOMEBREW'>usb0:\APPLICATIONS\</path>
<path retail='HOMEBREW' devkit='HOMEBREW'>hdd1:\APPLICATIONS\</path>
<path retail='360' devkit='EMULATOR'>usb0:\EMULATORS</path>
<path retail='360' devkit='EMULATOR'>hdd1:\EMULATORS</path>
</paths>
<feeds>
</feeds>
<skin>Default.xzp</skin>
<Music Path='' MUST be in GAME:\ />
<DVDCopy 360Path='' OrigPath=''/>
<weather location='undefined' />
<display horizoverscan='0' vertoverscan='0' horizdisplacement='0' vertdisplacement='0'/>
<ftp xboxip='0.0.0.0' port='21' username='xbox' password='xbox' />
<gamelistopt background='1' preview='1' semitransparent='0' covers='0' />
<mainscreenopt tempstatus='1' diskstatus='1' celsius='1' parent='0' showip='1' showstatus='1' showavatar='1' />
<moreoptions fanspeed='40' ledformat='0' />
<timeformat time='2' date='2' ntponstartup='1' />
<autoupdater ondash='0' onskin='0' onplugin='0' onbeta='0' installer='0' />
<Version XEX='0' />
</config>

9. Hook back up your external hdd to your console. (Back port) Start FreeStyle dash and you should see you content.

Notes..

In the earlier freestyleDashes you would use a program called FSDindexer to download the artwork for your content. Now all you have to do is be hooked to the network and it will autimaticly download it for you.

superspeed

superspeed

XBLSE Lifetime member
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
After adding the 00070000 folder it shows up but when I click on it it waits for a sec then goes back to dash?

F

Frog 7s

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
After adding the 00070000 folder it shows up but when I click on it it waits for a sec then goes back to dash?

Try re-downloading FSD. I can send you a folder of everything you need . just IM me :smile:

ITZZ THE1NONLY

ITZZ THE1NONLY

iTz ThE BeAsT In Me
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you can just grab the new FSD2 Alpha dash and it auto recieves all gamer pics box art everything when you boot...lol they put this feature in the new dash so you didnt have to use fsd...just a heads up thats all :smile:

FSD2 Alpha = New Freestyle dash

F

Frog 7s

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Or you can just grab the new FSD2 Alpha dash and it auto recieves all gamer pics box art everything when you boot...lol they put this feature in the new dash so you didnt have to use fsd...just a heads up thats all :smile:

FSD2 Alpha = New Freestyle dash

This is FSD2A. i just didnt put Alpha in the title.

H

heyeaglefn

Reaction score
Sin$
Everything is working, except when I replace the config file and restart FreeStyle Dash, it crashes after about 20 seconds.

Anyone else have this problem?

F

Frog 7s

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Everything is working, except when I replace the config file and restart FreeStyle Dash, it crashes after about 20 seconds.

Anyone else have this problem?
I havnt had that issue, I suggest putting the config file back to default

D

Discovery

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It might just be me, But I think the links are down.... Dont worry about it thought.

Top Bottom
Login
Register