Reaction score
Sin$
Loving this tut Very helpful for first time map modders :biggrin:

DeviantModz

DeviantModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is very helpful. I'm sure people will appreciate this. I may have stuff to add if you want.

Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a good place to download gta 4 for pc so I can start making mapmods. With out all the other bull that it sometimes comes with.

Avery

Avery

YouTube//Avxry
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Greeter Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a good place to download gta 4 for pc so I can start making mapmods. With out all the other bull that it sometimes comes with.

I got mine off a YouTube video I will try and find it for you. If you got a different language one. Like mine was in russian i went into the I changed the russian.gxt file to american.gxt and vise versa

Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I got mine off a YouTube video I will try and find it for you. If you got a different language one. Like mine was in russian i went into the I changed the russian.gxt file to american.gxt and vise versa
That would be cool thanks.

Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
@ Avxry: I went to get click on getting the , Native trainer V6.5, on your post and wound up with a bad bug on my computer. I had to take it in and get it fixed. Where else can i get it.

Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
How To Make Object & Script Map Mod Avxry's Edition
Update
Saturday, May 18 2013​
How to Add Scripted Vehicle Spawns
If you want the map mod to be MP Friendly (multiplayer friendly) you must have 74 Objects or under. What I do is put the important 74 objects first. If you want to make doors and garages move you have to find the object number and change the Dynamic's of the object from 0 to 1 (0 being false and 1 being true) This is a real easy way to make map mods. I have made only 2 and they have been pretty well made for MP Friendly. If you are more of a follow a long person. Just watch the video.​
For PC Users:
You need to run LaunchGTAIV from the directory as administrator or the objects won't save
Thank you WowYouPancakes
1. Download GTA IV for PC or if on Xbox/PS3 use EvilBluntz Object spawner ( http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/rel-evilb-object-spawner-update-12-03-13.880086/ ) and show coordinates.​
I find doing it on PC is easier when you get a hang of it.​
30c21hh.png
3. In the trainer it gives you a small variety of objects. So Spawn Objects using hash numbers/names (It may take a while to find what objects you need)​
swvdhi.png

ftouu.png

4. When you placed all of your objects just hit Save spawned objects to object.ini​
5. Go to your GTA IV directory and take out the object.ini​
14kl84y.png
6. I convert the object.ini by using (objects.ini to SCO code v1.80 - Three-Socks) http://178.17.41.133/GTA/object2sco/
7. Convert the file and hit Download Source Code
2v2bne1.png
8. So when you convert from PC to Console you must change this to prevent floating objects. Open Source & find this line and change it from this​
2lnba4i.png
To This
2lnwvt1.png
9. Open ScoCompiler GUI Created by dudeeitsbrian http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/release-scocompiler-gui-v1-0.804693/
10. Open your .c file in ScoCompiler GUI then hit Compile and wait for it to finish.​
oh1s7p.png
11. Open up​
OpenIV

( http://openiv.com/ ) Open your file you want to add the .sco file. Then click Rebuild. I'm using this on my JTag so I use a offline menu Mod Manager v1.3. The modslots on there are called modslot01.sco Rename the .sco file to whatever your mod slot/addon slot is called so you can toggle the map.​
How To Add Scripted Vehicle Spawns
If you use the my method up above you can follow this easily.
1. Get the model name & coords of the vehicle you want (x,y,z, & heading) Rite them down some where.​
2. Open up the source and find where it says "// number of objects in your map mod + 1" Add the highlighted line with the number amount of cars you are adding. Or you can come back to this when you finish the steps below.
95x8xd.png
3. Add this code (Thank you EvilB)
Code:
[FONT=Consolas]void create_vehicle(uint vehicle, float veh_x, float veh_y, float veh_z, float veh_h, Vehicle *veh_handle)[/FONT]
[FONT=Consolas]{
if (IS_MODEL_IN_CDIMAGE(vehicle))
{
REQUEST_MODEL(vehicle);
while (!HAS_MODEL_LOADED(vehicle))
WAIT(0);

CREATE_CAR(vehicle, veh_x, veh_y, veh_z, veh_handle, true);
SET_CAR_COORDINATES_NO_OFFSET(*veh_handle, veh_x, veh_y, veh_z);
SET_CAR_HEADING(*veh_handle, veh_h);

SET_CAR_VISIBLE(*veh_handle, true);
LOCK_CAR_DOORS(*veh_handle, VEHICLE_DOOR_UNLOCKED);
MARK_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED(vehicle);
} [/FONT]
[FONT=Consolas]}[/FONT]
4. Go to the bottom of your source, under where your object coords are,​
Example:
Code:
create_vehicle(0xC1E908D2, 2142.61, 938.80, 7.83, 213.17, &map_veh[0]);
create_vehicle(0x3F637729, 2146.56, 934.17, 7.93, 264.91, &map_veh[1]);
create_vehicle(0x067BC037, 2148.91, 930.79, 8.10, 263.94, &map_veh[2]);
create_vehicle(0x2B26F456, 2152.30, 926.94, 8.04, 268.13, &map_veh[3]);
Side TuT
Type in create_vehicle(__________ <----- You want to add the vehicle hash # You can find them here http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=List_of_models_hashes
When you add it you will have create_vehicle(your car hash here, x coord, y coord, z coord, heading, &map_veh[#]); Then repeat whenever you add another vehicle. make sure you start at &map_veh[0]); then count up.​
5. Save and compile your script. I use ScoCompilerGUI and it tells which line you messed up at. Any more questions just post below​
Map Video TuT:

TuT How To Make An Object Dynamic:

If you are using EvilB's Object Spawner. Before you spawn a object hit the Back button which will pop up the Coordinates of the object you are going to place. Then make a Text file on you computer. Just copy and paste this and add the coordinates in.
x=​
y=​
z=​
h=​
Model=​
qx=​
qy=​
qz=​
qw=​
offz=​
Dynamic=0​
[2]​
x=​
y=​
z=​
h=​
Model=​
qx=​
qy=​
qz=​
qw=​
offz=​
If you would like to add a feature to map modding post below.
Credit:
Avxry
Evil Bluntz (For teaching me most of the stuff I know about map modding.)​
Do I need original or ballad to make mapmods?

Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
How To Make Object & Script Map Mod Avxry's Edition
Update
Saturday, May 18 2013​
How to Add Scripted Vehicle Spawns
If you want the map mod to be MP Friendly (multiplayer friendly) you must have 74 Objects or under. What I do is put the important 74 objects first. If you want to make doors and garages move you have to find the object number and change the Dynamic's of the object from 0 to 1 (0 being false and 1 being true) This is a real easy way to make map mods. I have made only 2 and they have been pretty well made for MP Friendly. If you are more of a follow a long person. Just watch the video.​
For PC Users:
You need to run LaunchGTAIV from the directory as administrator or the objects won't save
Thank you WowYouPancakes
1. Download GTA IV for PC or if on Xbox/PS3 use EvilBluntz Object spawner ( http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/rel-evilb-object-spawner-update-12-03-13.880086/ ) and show coordinates.​
I find doing it on PC is easier when you get a hang of it.​
30c21hh.png
3. In the trainer it gives you a small variety of objects. So Spawn Objects using hash numbers/names (It may take a while to find what objects you need)​
swvdhi.png

ftouu.png

4. When you placed all of your objects just hit Save spawned objects to object.ini​
5. Go to your GTA IV directory and take out the object.ini​
14kl84y.png
6. I convert the object.ini by using (objects.ini to SCO code v1.80 - Three-Socks) http://178.17.41.133/GTA/object2sco/
7. Convert the file and hit Download Source Code
2v2bne1.png
8. So when you convert from PC to Console you must change this to prevent floating objects. Open Source & find this line and change it from this​
2lnba4i.png
To This
2lnwvt1.png
9. Open ScoCompiler GUI Created by dudeeitsbrian http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/release-scocompiler-gui-v1-0.804693/
10. Open your .c file in ScoCompiler GUI then hit Compile and wait for it to finish.​
oh1s7p.png
11. Open up​
OpenIV

( http://openiv.com/ ) Open your file you want to add the .sco file. Then click Rebuild. I'm using this on my JTag so I use a offline menu Mod Manager v1.3. The modslots on there are called modslot01.sco Rename the .sco file to whatever your mod slot/addon slot is called so you can toggle the map.​
How To Add Scripted Vehicle Spawns
If you use the my method up above you can follow this easily.
1. Get the model name & coords of the vehicle you want (x,y,z, & heading) Rite them down some where.​
2. Open up the source and find where it says "// number of objects in your map mod + 1" Add the highlighted line with the number amount of cars you are adding. Or you can come back to this when you finish the steps below.
95x8xd.png
3. Add this code (Thank you EvilB)
Code:
[FONT=Consolas]void create_vehicle(uint vehicle, float veh_x, float veh_y, float veh_z, float veh_h, Vehicle *veh_handle)[/FONT]
[FONT=Consolas]{
if (IS_MODEL_IN_CDIMAGE(vehicle))
{
REQUEST_MODEL(vehicle);
while (!HAS_MODEL_LOADED(vehicle))
WAIT(0);

CREATE_CAR(vehicle, veh_x, veh_y, veh_z, veh_handle, true);
SET_CAR_COORDINATES_NO_OFFSET(*veh_handle, veh_x, veh_y, veh_z);
SET_CAR_HEADING(*veh_handle, veh_h);

SET_CAR_VISIBLE(*veh_handle, true);
LOCK_CAR_DOORS(*veh_handle, VEHICLE_DOOR_UNLOCKED);
MARK_MODEL_AS_NO_LONGER_NEEDED(vehicle);
} [/FONT]
[FONT=Consolas]}[/FONT]
4. Go to the bottom of your source, under where your object coords are,​
Example:
Code:
create_vehicle(0xC1E908D2, 2142.61, 938.80, 7.83, 213.17, &map_veh[0]);
create_vehicle(0x3F637729, 2146.56, 934.17, 7.93, 264.91, &map_veh[1]);
create_vehicle(0x067BC037, 2148.91, 930.79, 8.10, 263.94, &map_veh[2]);
create_vehicle(0x2B26F456, 2152.30, 926.94, 8.04, 268.13, &map_veh[3]);
Side TuT
Type in create_vehicle(__________ <----- You want to add the vehicle hash # You can find them here http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=List_of_models_hashes
When you add it you will have create_vehicle(your car hash here, x coord, y coord, z coord, heading, &map_veh[#]); Then repeat whenever you add another vehicle. make sure you start at &map_veh[0]); then count up.​
5. Save and compile your script. I use ScoCompilerGUI and it tells which line you messed up at. Any more questions just post below​
Map Video TuT:

TuT How To Make An Object Dynamic:

If you are using EvilB's Object Spawner. Before you spawn a object hit the Back button which will pop up the Coordinates of the object you are going to place. Then make a Text file on you computer. Just copy and paste this and add the coordinates in.
x=​
y=​
z=​
h=​
Model=​
qx=​
qy=​
qz=​
qw=​
offz=​
Dynamic=0​
[2]​
x=​
y=​
z=​
h=​
Model=​
qx=​
qy=​
qz=​
qw=​
offz=​
If you would like to add a feature to map modding post below.
Credit:
Avxry
Evil Bluntz (For teaching me most of the stuff I know about map modding.)​
What is,offz=, mean cause evil blunt object spawner does not have that. And where can I download ,object.ini to sco by three socks? The link on you post isn't all there on my monitor.

Last edited:
Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Avxry, I did manage to make a small mapmod at the airport. Just ramps at certain places. I used BM_skate_halfpipe which came out fine but the CJ_boat_ramp did not. They spawned a bit off the ground. Whats also weird is that boat ramps are still useable. Any idea why. Oh also since my crapy desk top cant support gta 4,the game, I wound up using evil's object spawner.

Avery

Avery

YouTube//Avxry
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Avxry, I did manage to make a small mapmod at the airport. Just ramps at certain places. I used BM_skate_halfpipe which came out fine but the CJ_boat_ramp did not. They spawned a bit off the ground. Whats also weird is that boat ramps are still useable. Any idea why. Oh also since my crapy desk top cant support gta 4,the game, I wound up using evil's object spawner.

8. So when you convert from PC to Console you must change this to prevent floating objects. Open Source & find this line and change it from this
2lnba4i.png

To This
2lnwvt1.png

10. Open your .c file in ScoCompiler GUI then hit Compile and wait for it to finish.
Follow that and add it to your source.

Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Baddog

krutch54

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That's alright if you need anything just quote me. :smile:
I was wondering why when I used three-socks converter, my map did not appear but when I used chromes and nayjames' it worked fine but no one else could see it. I don't know why three-socks' failed. Any suggestions on whats going on with either one.

Avery

Avery

YouTube//Avxry
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was wondering why when I used three-socks converter, my map did not appear but when I used chromes and nayjames' it worked fine but no one else could see it. I don't know why three-socks' failed. Any suggestions on whats going on with either one.

Well as before you didn't follow the steps one by one. You could've missed a big step.

Top Bottom
Login
Register