Experienced Veteran Frame In Gold AzzidReign Jr
Reaction score
Sin$
Your going to need:
Dashlaunch 3.00 Beta
A JTAG/RGH Console
A way to download Indie Games
XNA Indie Player Title Update
XM360 if they're trials (They show up under DLC not Arcade!!)
Dashlaunch and XM360
XNA Indie Player Title Update (READ THE READ ME!!!)

Tutorial:
Load dashlaunch 3.00 beta and you'll be greeted with a new interface for easy .ini editing.
Enable contpatch and fakelive, Other options can be set to liking. Save the .ini file to flash by hitting RB then hovering over Flash and press X. It should say saved launch.ini to flash in the bottom left. Press B to exit and reboot xbox manually.
Goto the Xbox dashboard and turn off wifi or disconnect the ethernet cable if you have a fat xbox.
Load the indie game from NXE. Freestyle dash will not find them.
Congratulations you now have indie games working on your JTAG/RGH xbox.

Notes:
All games I tested have worked so far. Once you add the XNA Players title update everything loads fine. When done playing indie games load dashlaunch and disable contpatch and fakelive because they cause serious issues in other games and arcade games.

Hope this helped you get Indie games working on your JTAG/RGH xbox.
Please give credit if you copy this tutorial and put it on another site.

EDIT:
Most of the games I said were not working before are working now. You just need the XNA Indie Player Title Update. Put that in the same folder as the Indie Games and you'll be able to load nearly every game. I loaded over 20 now with no issues. No need to unlock with XM360 either. Contpatch seems to unlock them all to full games.
No need for contpatch if you unlock in XM360 and fakelive only messes up EA games from my tests. Also works on offline accounts.

Tehenhauin

Tehenhauin

Don't worry, be happy
Reaction score
Sin$
Great tut, But i had some problems first. I suggest you add this: You need to put the games in the community game folder in content, where the xna title update is stored. I couldn't get it to work otherwise because aurora would not link the xna-update to the games. Also if you just enable autofake, you don't need to worry about turning it off.

J

jared911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your going to need:
Dashlaunch 3.00 Beta
A JTAG/RGH Console
A way to download Indie Games
XNA Indie Player Title Update
XM360 if they're trials (They show up under DLC not Arcade!!)
Dashlaunch and XM360
XNA Indie Player Title Update (READ THE READ ME!!!)

Tutorial:
Load dashlaunch 3.00 beta and you'll be greeted with a new interface for easy .ini editing.
Enable contpatch and fakelive, Other options can be set to liking. Save the .ini file to flash by hitting RB then hovering over Flash and press X. It should say saved launch.ini to flash in the bottom left. Press B to exit and reboot xbox manually.
Goto the Xbox dashboard and turn off wifi or disconnect the ethernet cable if you have a fat xbox.
Load the indie game from NXE. Freestyle dash will not find them.
Congratulations you now have indie games working on your JTAG/RGH xbox.

Notes:
All games I tested have worked so far. Once you add the XNA Players title update everything loads fine. When done playing indie games load dashlaunch and disable contpatch and fakelive because they cause serious issues in other games and arcade games.

Hope this helped you get Indie games working on your JTAG/RGH xbox.
Please give credit if you copy this tutorial and put it on another site.

EDIT:
Most of the games I said were not working before are working now. You just need the XNA Indie Player Title Update. Put that in the same folder as the Indie Games and you'll be able to load nearly every game. I loaded over 20 now with no issues. No need to unlock with XM360 either. Contpatch seems to unlock them all to full games.
No need for contpatch if you unlock in XM360 and fakelive only messes up EA games from my tests. Also works on offline accounts.

This no longer works. It's dated so that's probably why. I have tried realmodscene as well and that one doesnt work
If someone can have a valid tutorial that works, i will pay $100 USD, A video will earn you $250 NO BS

F

flimmyflam

Reaction score
Sin$
There seems to be some sort of bug with Aurora and indie games. Even with following this tutorial, indie games will not work in Aurora for some reason. If your avatars are greyed out, this is your problem, install the latest system update and your indie games should work, but for some reason, even with the system update and non greyed out avatars, indie games will not launch in Aurora (but launch in everything else)

I have successfully RGH'd 2 consoles and managed to get indie games working on Aurora, but only after DAYS of messing around downgrading and upgrading dashes, and I don't know exactly where the bug is or how to fix it. I know that it is possible to play indie games on Aurora, and you MUST have the avatar update, but I cannot do it consistently. I am working on my 3rd RGH and I'm honestly considering dropping indie games completely. I have wasted a ton of time on this problem, and I still have no idea what is causing it. I did at one point experience some odd behavior when after attempting to launch an indie game from Aurora, the tu32 would be deleted from folder 000B000. I assume this could be some sort of clue as to what is happening, but I don't know what good it does since Aurora is not open source.

Last edited:
L

leathan

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, not sure why others are having problems I remember once I did have a problem but it wasnt too long to fix.

C

clownfeet

Reaction score
Sin$
works great in 2022 and In Aurora.
Place in content\0000000000000000\584E07D2

Inside 584E07D2 should be folders =
00000002 (where indie games are)
000B0000 (indie update)
:smile:thanks

J

jamzy786

Reaction score
Sin$
works great in 2022 and In Aurora.
Place in content\0000000000000000\584E07D2

Inside 584E07D2 should be folders =
00000002 (where indie games are)
000B0000 (indie update)
:smile:thanks
I need help can u message me on Instagram
junaid_a15

3451Krystian

Reaction score
Sin$
This no longer works. It's dated so that's probably why. I have tried realmodscene as well and that one doesnt work
If someone can have a valid tutorial that works, i will pay $100 USD, A video will earn you $250 NO BS
ill take you up on that

8itgreat

Reaction score
Sin$
It worked for me in 2023, I just tried it now. I didn't put the games within that XNA player title update program, they are installed like a normal GOD game container for me. One game the controller wouldn't work, but the game opened like i could play it.

L

leathan

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Heck at this point we might as well say it works in 2024. happy future new years everyone <3

Top Bottom
Login
Register