• Thread starter abcdef32
  • Start date
  • Views 31,297
abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The question mostly says it all.Now i'm a newbie so i dont know much....so i wanted to ask how to download games for xbox online and how to actually play them?for example i want to play this game: http://kat.ph/minecraft-xbox360-edition-readnfo-xbla-xblaplus-t6368003.html

So what do i have to do?i have a jtag xbox with xex loader...and if the answer is to place the file in
HDD:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/ then please tell me where that is...

thanks in advance

Kings360s

Kings360s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes downloaded file should start off as a 8 digit file, another 8 digit file and then just a longer one. copy and paste the main 8 digit file after HDD:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
The question mostly says it all.Now i'm a newbie so i dont know much....so i wanted to ask how to download games for xbox online and how to actually play them?for example i want to play this game: http://kat.ph/minecraft-xbox360-edition-readnfo-xbla-xblaplus-t6368003.html

So what do i have to do?i have a jtag xbox with xex loader...and if the answer is to place the file in
HDD:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/ then please tell me where that is...

thanks in advance
On your Xbox it will appear as HDD1:\Content\...

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay thanks so just confirming i have to place the longer file on my HDD in a folder called contents/0000000000000000 and then how to activate the game from the xbox.I'm thinking xex loader but just wanna be sure.Again thanks a lot!

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay thanks so just confirming i have to place the longer file on my HDD in a folder called contents/0000000000000000 and then how to activate the game from the xbox.I'm thinking xex loader but just wanna be sure.Again thanks a lot!
If you are talking about just regular Xbox 360 games, you can just put them in HDD1:\Games and the launch the default.xex with XEXmenu.

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are talking about just regular Xbox 360 games, you can just put them in HDD1:\Games and the launch the default.xex with XEXmenu.

uh i dont know which xbox games are regular and which are different...i posted a link.which one is that?and how too start playing the different ones.do i just click it?And how to put files on xbox 360??

Last edited:
oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
uh i dont know which xbox games are regular and which are different...i posted a link.which one is that?and how too start playing the different ones.do i just click it?And how to put files on xbox 360??
Lol i missed the link sorry. Real quick, it sounds like you are a bit out of date with apps on your console and what not, so do you mind telling me what dashboard your console is on?

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmm ok well your dash isnt that old, but you say your using xexloader? That is ridiculously old. Have you heard of FSD?

uh i would do it but i dont know how to put files on xbox.and i got the xbox from a store in my city and the guy gave it to me completely ready.so how to run the game and please tell me how to put files on xbox?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
uh i would do it but i dont know how to put files on xbox.and i got the xbox from a store in my city and the guy gave it to me completely ready.so how to run the game and please tell me how to put files on xbox?
That is understandable. Well there are 2 ways (3 but one is more complicated) you can transfer files. One is to use a USB drive and manage the files in XEXmenu or FSD and the other is to FTP files directly to your hard drive, but you can only do that once you get XEXmenu or FSD setup.
I am at my aunts house for Easter but I can give you more details and direct help when i get back later. But for now the first thing to do is to get XEXmenu installed and you can then work from there. To do that, format a USB flash drive as a MU on the xbox under the "Memory" section. Then download the file I linked (XEXmenu) and the program I linked (USBXTAFF). You then plug the flash drive into the PC, open USBXTAFF (the program I linked), and select (under file) "Open First USB Device". Then you expand the folder called "Data Partition" and in that create a folder called "Content" and then in that make a folder called "0000000000000000" (16 zeros). When your done it will look like: Data Partition\Content\0000000000000000 Then you unzip the file I linked you so that you have the folder called "CODE9999", then just drop that folder into the 0000000000000000 folder in USBXTAFF. Once it copies unplug the flash drive and put it in your xbox. Then on you xbox under the games section "XEXmenu1.1" should show up as a Demo.

Once you get to that point post back or if you are confused about anything post back.

USBXTAFFv44: http://www.gamefront.com/files/17863291
XEXmenu v1.1: http://download.digiex.net/Consoles/Xbox360/Jtag/xexmenu_v1.1.rar

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is understandable. Well there are 2 ways (3 but one is more complicated) you can transfer files. One is to use a USB drive and manage the files in XEXmenu or FSD and the other is to FTP files directly to your hard drive, but you can only do that once you get XEXmenu or FSD setup.
I am at my aunts house for Easter but I can give you more details and direct help when i get back later. But for now the first thing to do is to get XEXmenu installed and you can then work from there. To do that, format a USB flash drive as a MU on the xbox under the "Memory" section. Then download the file I linked (XEXmenu) and the program I linked (USBXTAFF). You then plug the flash drive into the PC, open USBXTAFF (the program I linked), and select (under file) "Open First USB Device". Then you expand the folder called "Data Partition" and in that create a folder called "Content" and then in that make a folder called "0000000000000000" (16 zeros). When your done it will look like: Data Partition\Content\0000000000000000 Then you unzip the file I linked you so that you have the folder called "CODE9999", then just drop that folder into the 0000000000000000 folder in USBXTAFF. Once it copies unplug the flash drive and put it in your xbox. Then on you xbox under the games section "XEXmenu1.1" should show up as a Demo.

Once you get to that point post back or if you are confused about anything post back.

USBXTAFFv44: http://www.gamefront.com/files/17863291
XEXmenu v1.1: http://download.digiex.net/Consoles/Xbox360/Jtag/xexmenu_v1.1.rar

alright stupid question maybe but isnt xex loader the same as xex menu.and if it is then can i do this:take the flash drive,access it from the program(USBXTAFF) and then place the game in Data Partition\Content\0000000000000000 and then activate it using xex menu.If this is correct then i just wanted to ask:do i just open the game file and it will start to work?.I will also try what u suggested when u reply.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
alright stupid question maybe but isnt xex loader the same as xex menu.and if it is then can i do this:take the flash drive,access it from the program(USBXTAFF) and then place the game in Data Partition\Content\0000000000000000 and then activate it using xex menu.If this is correct then i just wanted to ask:do i just open the game file and it will start to work?.I will also try what u suggested when u reply.
Yes you can do that but it is easy to just install XEXmenu (yes it is different than xex loader) to your hard drive and have that set to boot when your console does. It has a built in file manager and you can do a lot once you get to that point. Just get to XEXmenu like I said and then Ill tell you how to install it fully.

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes you can do that but it is easy to just install XEXmenu (yes it is different than xex loader) to your hard drive and have that set to boot when your console does. It has a built in file manager and you can do a lot once you get to that point. Just get to XEXmenu like I said and then Ill tell you how to install it fully.

okay thanks a lot!and one more question:after making the usb xbox compatible is it true that we can store only 32gb of data on it cause i only have a 500 gb hardisk free right now....or does only 32gb of the drive become xbox compatible?If yes then will the data on the drive be erased?cause my games are stored on this drive...

and if the 32 gb will be used for xbox then can i still use the hard disk normally?sorry i realise how annoying this must be....

Last edited:
oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
uh i searched on google and i saw that it was alright...so done what u asked and xex menu does open.Now what?
OK so the next step is to copy it to your hard drive so can just launch it from there and not have to use the flash drive constantly. For the next steps if you idle in XEXmenu it tells you the controls:
1)Switch over to the file manager and then navigate to the USBMU
2)Go into Content then 0000000000000000 and highlight then CODE9999 folder and then copy it
3)Switch over to the HDD in the file manager
4)Go into Content then 0000000000000000 and then select paste in the operations menu

Now XEXmenu will be on your hard drive and you can run it from the same place on the dash. You can launch games from it but FSD is much more nice and organized so I would recommend installing that. Would you like to know how?

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
OK so the next step is to copy it to your hard drive so can just launch it from there and not have to use the flash drive constantly. For the next steps if you idle in XEXmenu it tells you the controls:
1)Switch over to the file manager and then navigate to the USBMU
2)Go into Content then 0000000000000000 and highlight then CODE9999 folder and then copy it
3)Switch over to the HDD in the file manager
4)Go into Content then 0000000000000000 and then select paste in the operations menu

Now XEXmenu will be on your hard drive and you can run it from the same place on the dash. You can launch games from it but FSD is much more nice and organized so I would recommend installing that. Would you like to know how?

did what u asked and yeah tell me about fsd

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
did what u asked and yeah tell me about fsd
Get the latest FSD here (it is in a 7zip archive so get WinRAR or the like if you don't have an archiver already): http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1226-f3-rev735-and-link-beta-3-including-webui/

Once you have that and extract it there will be another 7zip called "FreestyleRev735.7z" extract that into a folder called FSD3 so that all of the files are in that directory. Then format that flash drive you made an Xbox MU on your PC so it is just a regular FAT32 formatted flash drive again, and put that folder on it. Then plug the flash drive into your xbox, and in XEXmenu's file manager go to the USB drive (USB0:smile: and copy the folder, then paste it in the root of your HDD. Now you can launch FSD via its default.xex in that folder on your HDD. There is a bit more though, tell me once you have done that.

abcdef32

abcdef32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the latest FSD here (it is in a 7zip archive so get WinRAR or the like if you don't have an archiver already): http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1226-f3-rev735-and-link-beta-3-including-webui/

Once you have that and extract it there will be another 7zip called "FreestyleRev735.7z" extract that into a folder called FSD3 so that all of the files are in that directory. Then format that flash drive you made an Xbox MU on your PC so it is just a regular FAT32 formatted flash drive again, and put that folder on it. Then plug the flash drive into your xbox, and in XEXmenu's file manager go to the USB drive (USB0:smile: and copy the folder, then paste it in the root of your HDD. Now you can launch FSD via its default.xex in that folder on your HDD. There is a bit more though, tell me once you have done that.

yo i by mistake did a little different thing before:i downloaded then iso file,copied it on usb,and ran the default.xex from xex menu....the fsd worked...but i cant seem to copy files to xbox.i mean i used xex menu to copy the fs3 and the when i try to paste it in flash it doesnt work(nothing happens).also the game minecraft worked but it doesnt show up in fs3 even if i properly showed the path...and how to start fs3 automatically at the beginning?If you want me to remove and start again by ur method please tell.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
yo i by mistake did a little different thing before:i downloaded then iso file,copied it on usb,and ran the default.xex from xex menu....the fsd worked...but i cant seem to copy files to xbox.i mean i used xex menu to copy the fs3 and the when i try to paste it in flash it doesnt work(nothing happens).also the game minecraft worked but it doesnt show up in fs3 even if i properly showed the path...and how to start fs3 automatically at the beginning?If you want me to remove and start again by ur method please tell.
Lol wait why are you trying to copy FSD to your flash? That is write protected because its not supposed to be written to. You need to put the FSD folder on the root of the HDD.

Top Bottom
Login
Register